So who leaked the story about TO's fine?

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Interesting point from Steve Mariucci on "Total Access" tonight. He pointed out that a lot of players get fined, but rarely (if ever) does it get reported to the media. So someone had to have leaked it.

Now the reporter breaking it is JJT. I can't figure out what conspiracy theory I'd buy. I don't think he likes TO, so I doubt he got the story from TO. I also doubt anyone in TO's camp would leak it--doesn't serve any real purpose. It's possible that the Boys organization leaked it as a warning shot across the bow. I just can't see that either--surely they'd know the firestorm it would kick up. (You should have seen John "Tweety Bird" Clayton chirping that this is definitely the beginning of the end!)

Curious.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Interesting point from Steve Mariucci on "Total Access" tonight. He pointed out that a lot of players get fined, but rarely (if ever) does it get reported to the media. So someone had to have leaked it.

Now the reporter breaking it is JJT. I can't figure out what conspiracy theory I'd buy. I don't think he likes TO, so I doubt he got the story from TO. I also doubt anyone in TO's camp would leak it--doesn't serve any real purpose. It's possible that the Boys organization leaked it as a warning shot across the bow. I just can't see that either--surely they'd know the firestorm it would kick up. (You should have seen John "Tweety Bird" Clayton chirping that this is definitely the beginning of the end!)

Curious.
The cleaning lady saw it on an accountant's desk.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
My guess would be someone in the front office has been gotten to and is being paid for any info on TO that has a hint of controversy. It will probably get worse!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ROFL, KM!
:laugh2:

Now let's see if we can come up with two 'sides' that are fighting about TO..two 'factions' within the team...those who support him, and those who are already sick to death of him.

Maybe we can find out who didn't attend that party he threw, or who was ticked TO didn't serve their brand of liquor. That would be a good reason to 'leak' the story to JJT.

JJT!! Who are his main boys anyway...who is he always defending..those must be the moles!

Well Greg Ellis and Keith Davis, of course! They had to have leaked it. But they were crafty..they leaked it thru a third party to JJT, and logically, that had to be the guy Owens replaced - Keyshawn Johnson!

Other possible 'leak' suspects:

That fictitious assistant coach who Peter King recently quoted as saying Tuna ordered the trainer to order TO to practice, ie, "Deep Throat". He leaked it.

Rowdy. He hasn't been getting anywhere near the sideshow attention he has basked in in the past.

Jerry. He leaked it really wants Bill O-U-T because he sees the talent on the team and knows we could win even if HE coached the team. This is JJ's best last chance to be Jimmy Johnson.

MI. Irvin is the quintessential fly on the wall and perfectly positioned to leak all things 'TO".

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
ROFL, KM!
Rowdy. He hasn't been getting anywhere near the sideshow attention he has basked in in the past.
Rowdy--in the dining room--with the candlestick!

BRILLIANT!

Rowdy it is. :laugh2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kittymama said:

Curious.

It could have come from players - there a bunch of them on the team, and they would know if a player were fined or not.

It could come from the front office, someone who wasn't so thrilled with TO being signed.

It could have come from a coach. Remember, some people appreciate the spirit of the First Amendment (no, this is not a true First Amendment issue because it doesn't involve government) and may just want that type of information released to the public.

There could be a number of people who leaked this to the press.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Could have been some one in NFLPA, I think the NFLPA has to be informed of all disciplinary action during the "season"