so who we gonna get #1?

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
Bing is coming back for his senior season. There also is alot of talk of moving him to tailback if both Bush and White bolt.

Hiero

Reaction score
I think we can get Eslinger 2nd rd, but he may have hte same problem Al J did, that he is not big enough. Marcus McNeill would definitely be my pick. Mike Haas is not even a 1st rd guy.
Ahmad Brooks if he fell to us in the 1st, if he even came out would be a really good pick.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Eslinger is way too dominant of a center to fall to the 2nd rounder. Late 1st, early 2nd round guy.

Greenway is a top 10 pick, guranteed.

Also, I don't get the deal with Pettiti. So what if we started him for a year? He has underproduced, even for a rookie. You evaluate all your options and if a player like a Eric Winston is available you DEFINETELY look at him as a real possibility.

Winston was easily a top 10 talent last year before tearing his acl. His slow start thanks to that injury has dropped his stock, but he got better and better as the season went on. If you can steal a talent like that, you take him.

McNeill is the same. A HUGE man with a big wingspan, he could easily be a dominant blocker.

Man Jean Giles would serve the same purpose as that of Eric Winston or anyone by the above logic. Rivera has been far from spectacular, but is it worth spending a 1st round pick to replace Rivera and take the cap hit at the same time? I personally do not see how Giles is that much of an upgrade.

Lastly, playing Pettiti has become more out of necessity. I'm sorry to pittdawg, but if Pettiti had any competition at his position besides midseason scrubs we had signed, he wouldn't be the starter right now. I'm sure everyone would agree as well.

The only truely pressing needs we do have is OT, FS, ROLB and MAYBE a center. Even then, I wouldn't be opposed to taking Greg Eslinger at all. For the linebacker, I've always held the thought that quality LB's can as easily be found in the later rounds as they can earlier rounds.

Put Henson In

Reaction score
Mike Haas will be lucky to go day 1. I think we'll look towards tackle in the first round as there are 5-6 1st round tackles available.

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Hello? I can't believe nobody has even mentioned Jay Cutler in this thread.

Sure, we can squeeze another 1 or 2 years out of a mediocre Bledsoe. But we need a QB for the pretty near future. What about Romo or Henson? Please. Spare me.

We have no shot at Leinart, Young or Quinn (if he comes out). I say draft Cutler in the first and upgrade the OL and LB with the rest of the draft and free agency.

Gaede

Reaction score
Some guys I really like, though I haven't been able to watch many college games:

Santonio Holmes
Dqwell Jackson
Jay Cutler

Snaggletooth

Reaction score
Anyone think we should draft a kicker? I am tired of missing 30 something yard field goals. As everyone knows, we have lost a few games because of our kicking game and I would love to see someone who is more consistant. I forgot his name but who is that kid from Colorado?

jbsg02

Reaction score
It's hard to see this team spending a draft pick on a kicker

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I'd like to see an inside linebacker drafted in the first round, and Dat broght back to play in passing situations. Hopefully by next year Fujita and Burnett are alright on the outside. Draft a WR or FS in round two and pick up a big but raw RT in the later rounds to challenge Petiti. I think unless Rivera retires he's back at guard. Only draft a guard if you get rid of Peterman.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I think with where we will most likely be picking, in the 16-20 range, we will probably be looking at:

QB - Jay Cutler
WR - Santonio Holmes, Derek Hagan
OT - Eric Winston, Winston Justice, John Scott, Marcus McNeil
OG - Max Jean-Gilles
LB - Bobby Carpenter, Chad Greenway, Thomas Howard, DeMeco Reyns

I think I would honestly be happy with any of those guys right now but, I think I lean more to the OL, LB, QB areas.........

ghst187

Reaction score
Snaggletooth said:
Anyone think we should draft a kicker? I am tired of missing 30 something yard field goals. As everyone knows, we have lost a few games because of our kicking game and I would love to see someone who is more consistant. I forgot his name but who is that kid from Colorado?

if the kicker from Colorado is available in the fourth, we should trade up to get him. He's VERY Good and we have to find someone else...have to

Hiero

Reaction score
Mason Crosby would be a great choice, hes got a hell of a leg. I'd trade into the 4th to get him.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State.

This is the guy at that position I was thinking of.......but, I really think a OL would be in our best interest.

JPM

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a big fat O-lineman.
I've asked the mall Santa for one so we will see what happens...

jbsg02

Reaction score
If you look at this team and say the most important need is anything other than the O-Line you seriously need to watch more games.

Hiero

Reaction score
I would much rather get one of the top tackles or offense rd 1. Carpenter might be a bit of a reach at where we are gonna pick likely around 18-20.