So, will Watkins start in Jax?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If Davis were to start, If I were Jacksonville I would throw a deep post on the 1st play.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'd like to see Davis start the season. Not because I don't like Watkins (I do), but I like giving players more then one year to see what they've got.

If after 3-4 games he appears to be the same player he was last year (which isn't a bad thing, just means we've got 2 SSs instead of a FS) then I'd start working Watkins in, but I wouldn't have him starting fulltime (that would be dumb. If you don't HAVE to do it, then don't do it).

sago1

Reaction score
I somehow get the impression that some think Davis will improve from his rookie FS season to be the legit FS we need. The reality is that Davis doesn't possess the physical skills of a Watkins (speed/wingspan/jumping), but he is a big time hitter and can take on the big RBs/WRs/TEs which Watkins might have problem with since he hasn't the opportunity participate in Cowboys offseason weight conditioning program. Also Davis will have better game recognition, etc. So as much as I want Watkins to be our starter, I'm thinking Davis starts but we easily might see Watkins in on obvious passing downs & 3rd downs. After he gets his feet wet, he could easily bee starting before mid season. Of course if Watkins makes a couple of picks, all bets are off and he'll start asap.
t

K-DOGG

Reaction score
I say start Watkins from the jump and let Keith "Killer" Davis focus exclusively on special teams where he will makle the Pro Bowl!!!!!:starspin