So would we have beaten Green Bay?

newlander

Reaction score
I think alot of you guys need to back off the ledge. My basic point is, I'm more demoralized by the feeble performance of our team and coaching staff than losing a first round playoff game. Losing sucks don't get me wrong, I hate it more than anything but anyone on this board or in Dallas' organization that thinks we were going to beat Green Bay playing this way is just.........delusional. It wasn't that we played great and got outplayed, we just imploded IMO. There is always the school of thought that we would have "relaxed" and played our game, and Favre can't win in Texas stadium, blah, blah, blah......basically guys, this was a brutally frustrating close loss to an inferior team but we would not have beaten G.Bay IMHO. I hate them more than any team except Wash. but it wouldn't have happened.Too many penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments, poor special teams play going back 4 games.
Now the big question is: does Jerry keep Wade? It seems alot of people feel he'll almost be forced too, but if he's the risk taker and butt kicker he professes to be he sure won't. Parcells couldn't get them to finish either, but the difference to me is we didn't have someone like Garrett waiting in the wings. The safe, conservative thing to do would be to keep Wade: but if you all noticed Jerry on the sideline at the end of the game: he looked humiliated and pissed. Not a good combo if you're wade.:banghead:

Punkabilly56

Reaction score
newlander;1901043 said:
I think alot of you guys need to back off the ledge. My basic point is, I'm more demoralized by the feeble performance of our team and coaching staff than losing a first round playoff game. Losing sucks don't get me wrong, I hate it more than anything but anyone on this board or in Dallas' organization that thinks we were going to beat Green Bay playing this way is just.........delusional. It wasn't that we played great and got outplayed, we just imploded IMO. There is always the school of thought that we would have "relaxed" and played our game, and Favre can't win in Texas stadium, blah, blah, blah......basically guys, this was a brutally frustrating close loss to an inferior team but we would not have beaten G.Bay IMHO. I hate them more than any team except Wash. but it wouldn't have happened.Too many penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments, poor special teams play going back 4 games.
Now the big question is: does Jerry keep Wade? It seems alot of people feel he'll almost be forced too, but if he's the risk taker and butt kicker he professes to be he sure won't. Parcells couldn't get them to finish either, but the difference to me is we didn't have someone like Garrett waiting in the wings. The safe, conservative thing to do would be to keep Wade: but if you all noticed Jerry on the sideline at the end of the game: he looked humiliated and pissed. Not a good combo if you're wade.:banghead:

I agree. No way we would have beaten GB. I hate GB as much as I hate the skins.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I would have bet the farm that Favre's record at Texas Stadium would have been 1-9 after next week if we had found a way to beat the Giants.

kbman

Reaction score
Punkabilly56;1901076 said:
I agree. No way we would have beaten GB. I hate GB as much as I hate the skins.

We will never know but Favre has never won here so I would have liked our chances.

newlander

Reaction score
Maybe you're right big dog. I'm always irrational after we play like garbage: and it's worse when we play like garbage and get bounced from the playoffs, but with a new stadium and Baltimore after Garrett: I don't know, it might be now or never 'ya know? (BTW: if San Diego wouldn't have done that to Marty last year I would've said this could NEVER happen, but now there's precedent)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Well if the Cowboys had played better and won, I'm sure a lot more people would be confident about beating GB. If they played GB the way they played today, then no, they probably wouldn't win.

ddh33

Reaction score
Who knows?

I thought Dallas was the best team in the NFC all season long, but it doesn't matter if you don't take advantage of your opportunities. They didn't.

The team really did limp in to the playoffs, and it didn't get any better today. Would they have suddeny been sharp next week? I'm skeptical.

newlander

Reaction score
Time will tell, but now that Wash., ATL, Baltimore, Miami all need head coaches I don't want to be left wondering: What if????????? when one of them hires JG.(Baltimore is my guess) Screw Sparano BTW.

sillycon

Reaction score
If the Cowboys played to their abilities, then yes they would've beaten GB. They have the talent. It's the execution that's the problem...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Are you kidding. If the Cowboys couldn't cover a gimpy Burress and old man Toomer, how would they have kept up with James Jones, Donald Driver and Greg Jennings?

It doesn't matter anyway. No one is beating the Patriots.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1901636 said:
Are you kidding. If the Cowboys couldn't cover a gimpy Burress and old man Toomer, how would they have kept up with James Jones, Donald Driver and Greg Jennings?

It doesn't matter anyway. No one is beating the Patriots.

We did once so we could have again.

Almost like the worst thing that happened to us was beating the Packers easily in November. We coasted afterward.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Who knows whether we WOULD have beaten, but obviously we had a very good chance. We just beat them a little over a month ago.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
While you are clearly insane, I agree that there was a high likelyhood we would have lost to the Packers.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Maybe this beauty queen knows the answer.

http://img147.*************/img147/9636/621lambeau11929muyellgz6.jpg

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I dont think we would of beaten GB or NE playing the way we were offensively as of late.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1901644 said:
We did once so we could have again.

Almost like the worst thing that happened to us was beating the Packers easily in November. We coasted afterward.

We beat the Giants twice, but look what happened.

Favre may make mistakes, but he's been down this road more times than Romo. He provided leadership to his team even going down 14-0.

In times like these, you need players who have been there. Strahan has been there, so he can pump up the defense. Favre has been there so he knows how to stay calm down by two touchdowns. Brady has been there so he's not panicking when the Jags match the Pats score for score until the fourth quarter.

We still have players who run their mouths off and play around in the locker, not understanding what it takes to win a playoff. You just don't show up and win just because you have the better record.

Hopefully, we come to training camp with a better attitude and attention to detail and a "we're not going to talk until after we win the Super Bowl" attitude.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;1901663 said:
Maybe this beauty queen knows the answer.

http://img147.*************/img147/9636/621lambeau11929muyellgz6.jpg

PackerFan is pretty ugly, that is for sure.