So you want to draft an OT in the first round huh?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Hiero, Been looking for awhile now and I still think that draft in your sig. is right on - pretty much think if it played out that way would outstanding.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Gentlemen I do not think there is anyone on this board that disagrees with the fact the OL needs upgrading.

That being said, it is my opinion other than Ferguson, what OT in the draft has the talent to step in and start?

Selecting an OT at #18 and he's riding the pine how is that a fix for the 06 season?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Selecting an OT at #18 and he's riding the pine how is that a fix for the 06 season?
Hey what do you think your doing inserting common sense into a discussion like that? On a Sunday no less. :lmao:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Hey what do you think your doing inserting common sense into a discussion like that? On a Sunday no less. :lmao:

Who me????....How dare you accuse me of such a thing.......:rolleyes: :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
then show some EVIDENCE to show the line was worse in 2004 then 2005. Can't find any, can you?

I don't think I ever said the line was "worse" in 2004.

Hell, I'm not big on either one.

But I wouldn't say the 2005 line was miles worse cos it wasn't.

The Adams injury certainly caused problems for the '05 line but having a QB that has a propensity for sacks was another issue that makes the '05 line "look" even worse.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:

How dare he do such a thing? ;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
the evidence is in watching the games MW...

by no means do I think Bledsoe was great, but he was far from the problem with the offense last yr...there were just way too many jail break plays (pass and run) where our guys didnt have a chance

in my 30 years of watching this team that was the worst OL play I have ever seen for a 16 games season...other than a couple of games early in the season it was putrid at best

David

I think that's a little more even handed view of things.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think the 2002 revolving door, street players signed and starting that week line was a little worse- but cannot be certain.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Gentlemen I do not think there is anyone on this board that disagrees with the fact the OL needs upgrading.

That being said, it is my opinion other than Ferguson, what OT in the draft has the talent to step in and start?

No matter who you take in the 18th spot, they had better not be rideing the pine, I would hope our scouts will have done their homework, and if we did select an OT in the 1st, anyone of the top 4-5 tackles would start for us,RT that is.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kiheikiwi said:
No matter who you take in the 18th spot, they had better not be rideing the pine, I would hope our scouts will have done their homework, and if we did select an OT in the 1st, anyone of the top 4-5 tackles would start for us,RT that is.

I don't think any of the top 4-5 tackles would be starters for us at RT outside of Ferguson. The others need work... some plenty of it.

I think it's a mute point anyway cos Jerry has already said that they would not be tossing another rookie OT out there.