Social Media

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Social media is nothing more than a tool and has no intrinsic evil other than the participants emboldened with the suppressed desire to hurt others to gain something, temporary superiority. Social media has served to verify the extent of the greatness and sickness within the human race.

I do not consider YouTube social media because I only use that as a resource for music or film clips to use here but I don't spend a lot of time there because I might end up with Crazy Liotta Eyes instead of Bette Davis Eyes. I read the comments one time and once was enough.

I don't use any of it but my wife did to stay in touch with family and friends and they've used it the last 8+ years to "speak to her in the beyond" on Facebook now that she's gone. I do not ever go there but I know it's still busy and I know it gives some comfort to do that. And that makes it a very welcome tool for healing and remembrance.

The main reason I don't have use for social media is that it's ongoing proof of the greatest affliction affecting this country today, inflated egos and the need for attention. And it is the permission to be rude and forget those are human beings with feelings.

One thing that surprises me about the impact of social media is Booger's shunning of it and remaining old school with radio, print and TV and believe me, that's plenty. I am glad he gets his fix that way and not by firing off tweets while filling the toilet.

But to say I do not engage in social media is incorrect because that's what this is. It's not just about the Cowboys or football, it's about funny people making me laugh and people sharing moments in the lives that matter and getting to know the person behind those fingertips so I don't get down on people hooked on social media because I am. I need this, I need to come here everyday and see some familiar monikers, meet some new people and even have some fun when it's get's nuttier than a squirrel's nest in here with the bickering.
Ahem, it's "Crazed" Liotta Eyes good sir. Nice post by the way.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, that's true. As long as I know y'all are on the site, I feel free to move about and hope that most of y'all are not mobile.

However, to be candid, it's not often that you get to meet good people with warm hearts, sick minds and a serious helping of smart***.
That's a bonafide fact!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not a fan of Social Media. Seen too many things happen too many times that had a very negative effect, especially on young people.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don't consider YouTube social media unless you comment or create your own content. I do neither. I'm not even logged in when I go on YouTube. But it's a really good unfiltered source of information. It's to video what Wikipedia is to text.

Never had Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's really annoying how the majority of "news" articles are just collections of tweets.

The only social media account I have is LinkedIn and I've been wanting to quit it for years but I always seem to have some conversation with some recruiter going on so I never have. LinkedIn has gotten especially annoying with a lot of political content getting posted lately. I'm planning on cutting that tie very soon and just sticking with Monster and Indeed.

Reddit has its uses too. So does Quora. I don't have accounts for either but I find both to be good sources of random information.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't consider YouTube social media unless you comment or create your own content. I do neither. I'm not even logged in when I go on YouTube. But it's a really good unfiltered source of information. It's to video what Wikipedia is to text.

Never had Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's really annoying how the majority of "news" articles are just collections of tweets.

The only social media account I have is LinkedIn and I've been wanting to quit it for years but I always seem to have some conversation with some recruiter going on so I never have. LinkedIn has gotten especially annoying with a lot of political content getting posted lately. I'm planning on cutting that tie very soon and just sticking with Monster and Indeed.

Reddit has its uses too. So does Quora. I don't have accounts for either but I find both to be good sources of random information.
I thought LinkedIn was some type of business networking site. Didn't realize it was a social media outlet.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I thought LinkedIn was some type of business networking site. Didn't realize it was a social media outlet.

It's a bit of both. Technically it's for putting yourself out there for business purposes, but you'll find people you went to high school with who have no relevance to your career friend requesting you. And lately there have been articles posted on there with a comment section that tend to all be political. It's very annoying. But it has been helpful to find jobs and put yourself out there to be contacted by recruiters.

aria

Reaction score
This is by far as social media as I get. I don’t know why I’ve been so open here, I guess because I can still stay relatively anonymous.

I don’t have a FB account, never have and never will. If I was meant to still be friends with someone than we would still be friends and I don’t feel the need to let everyone know what I’m doing on a regular basis.

I only use YouTube to watch music videos and instagram to look at tattoo artists work.

Nothing else.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is by far as social media as I get. I don’t know why I’ve been so open here, I guess because I can still stay relatively anonymous.

I don’t have a FB account, never have and never will. If I was meant to still be friends with someone than we would still be friends and I don’t feel the need to let everyone know what I’m doing on a regular basis.

I only use YouTube to watch music videos and instagram to look at tattoo artists work.

Nothing else.
I know who you are and your relatives too. Don't piss me off or I'll tell the others.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I rarely post in this forum so forgive me.
o_O
35lewg.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator