Solution: Trade for WLB Lance Briggs right now

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
The only player I would trade picks away for is DeSean. He would make the O unstoppable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The last thing the Cowboys need to do is give away draft choices. We are not one player away.

I disagree. We're a top NFL team. 1 player away? No, but i'll give up a 5th, 6th, or 7th for a starting Linebacker. We desperately need another LB.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is another reason you drafted Hitchens. He's going to to start.

Why in the world would we give up any future draft picks, especially given that this team is going to need all of them that they can get to get talent on the defensive side of the ball this off season, for someone else's linebacker?

I don't know if anyone noticed but Briggs was on that unit that allowed Gronk and everyone else New England had to just light them up.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Uh, if you could get him for a 6th it'd have been done already.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think we roll with hitchens for better or worse

I agree. Clearly I would rather have a vet like Durant in there but Hitchens has had to play and has shown some good play as well as mistakes, it is how players learn. Hitchens was forced into action because of injuries to all 3 LB and now he will be asked to hold down the spot for the remainder of the season what I expect if for him to go out and play hard and learn as he gains more and more experience.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I agree. Clearly I would rather have a vet like Durant in there but Hitchens has had to play and has shown some good play as well as mistakes, it is how players learn. Hitchens was forced into action because of injuries to all 3 LB and now he will be asked to hold down the spot for the remainder of the season what I expect if for him to go out and play hard and learn as he gains more and more experience.

I'd rather gamble with Hitchens at the weak side vs having Carter at the Will and Wilber at the Sam. We'd compromise those two spots IMO. Let Carter stay on the Sam side and give Hitchens a crack.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Hitchens is NOT ready for starting WLB. He needs a lot more seasoning. Lacks the instincts in coverage and we will pay for it. Has had trouble shedding blocks as well.

He will be fine in coverage. Trust me, I've seen the dude play enough.

Shedding blocks is another story though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'd rather gamble with Hitchens at the weak side vs having Carter at the Will and Wilber at the Sam. We'd compromise those two spots IMO. Let Carter stay on the Sam side and give Hitchens a crack.

I'm sure Rod will put them in the best spots he feels they can contribute in. Not saying your opinion is incorrect and what you are suggesting my be what they do.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'm sure Rod will put them in the best spots he feels they can contribute in. Not saying your opinion is incorrect and what you are suggesting my be what they do.

I hear ya. I trust that they will make the right call. They know these players and what they're capable of more than I ever will.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I would be willing to part with at most a 5th but I am not sure if Chi would be game.

yentl911

Reaction score
This guy is not what he once was and I am hoping we don't give up draft picks for a player that is at the end of his career.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Briggs had a roughly ten year run as the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL and made a name himself in a position that is the possibly the least glamorous in the 4-3. I suspect there is a case to be made for Briggs as a HoF 4-3 OLB -- he was that good at it.

Having said that, I watch a lot of Bears football and I think he is done -- he has next to nothing in the tank.

I'm not for this move.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboys need a LB who can line up the the front 7. There was a reason why a journeyman like Durant was named a captain over more talented players like Ro and Carter. If Urlacher isn't done, why not bring him in to be coach on field and more importantly on the sidelines. Should still be handle 20-25 reps if still in shape. Urlacher knows this D inside and out and was great in coverage.

Best thing about Urlacher, he doesn't cost any draft picks.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I can almost guarantee the Cowboys will not trade for anyone. They're starting to learn the value of draft picks.