Video: Some All 22 from SF

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yes, they are two different things. But again, that stat isn't determining the accuracy of a throw. It's merely the completion % when a DB is within 1 yard of the receiver. So if your receiver gets separation at their break but the QB doesn't anticipate and allows the defender to close the distance before getting the ball out, that's counted as a, "tight window." In reality, it's just a late throw that allowed a defender to recover.

No in reality that is a completion with a db in tight coverage. Dak has shown the ability to hit receivers in super tight windows his whole career and has multiple highlights where he’s completed passes that few QBs would even attempt. Anyone trying to discredit his ability to do that either has an agenda or just flat out doesn’t understand football.

Haimerej

Reaction score
No in reality that is a completion with a db in tight coverage. Dak has shown the ability to hit receivers in super tight windows his whole career and has multiple highlights where he’s completed passes that few QBs would even attempt. Anyone trying to discredit his ability to do that either has an agenda or just flat out doesn’t understand football.

Agree to disagree.

Creeper

Reaction score
Every film analysis seems to show the same things, Dak is looking at the wrong receivers and holding the ball too long. The weird thing is we see how teams that go to quick passing games negate the Cowboys pass rush, but we don't employ the same tactic when facing good pass rushing teams.

I am also an advocate of running lots of different plays from the same formations. Clearly from the tape, teams are seeing tendencies with Moore's offense and that is never a good thing.

But I think the most obvious issue with Dallas is their offense works best when it is balanced and they are running and throwing effectively. Right now Moore is throwing twice as much as running the football.

Next year Dallas must commit to the running game. Offseason improvements have to be made on the OL and at RB.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Every film analysis seems to show the same things, Dak is looking at the wrong receivers and holding the ball too long. The weird thing is we see how teams that go to quick passing games negate the Cowboys pass rush, but we don't employ the same tactic when facing good pass rushing teams.

I am also an advocate of running lots of different plays from the same formations. Clearly from the tape, teams are seeing tendencies with Moore's offense and that is never a good thing.

But I think the most obvious issue with Dallas is their offense works best when it is balanced and they are running and throwing effectively. Right now Moore is throwing twice as much as running the football.

Next year Dallas must commit to the running game. Offseason improvements have to be made on the OL and at RB.
Problem also stems from inefficient running and passing. You’re either efficient at both, one, or the other while Dallas wasn’t efficient at anything. It was all about volume in order to find success. At least the second half of the season.

Like you said, Kellen’s play calling prevented efficiency. Along with a hobbled, ineffectual Zeke, underutilized/unimaginative use of Pollard, inconsistent Oline and an inconsistent Dak Prescott.

Although I disagree that the Cowboys definitely need to commit more to the running game to be a truly successful, consistent offense. You can use well designed passing routes to the backs to serve as an extension of the running game. Using the short middle of the field in the passing game can shrink the playing field of the defense just as well as a successful running game can.

Brooksey

Reaction score
That run where no LB was blocked was insane. (1:20 in the vid) Biadasz takes off after the OLB leaving the Mike untouched. Schultz is trying to get the other OLB who's playing inside. It's almost like they identified the wrong player for the Mike. Why would Biadasz chase that guy like that? Either the dumbest blocking assignment ever or there was serious confusion.

That's Connor Williams guy, he supposed to chip the tackle on the double team and go get the LB

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
My thing is he's always been a shotgun QB. I talked about it during his rookie year. I still don't think I've seen a traditional 5 or 7 step drop from under center. When he's under center it's a run or playaction.
I have been looking for it since you brought it up and I still haven’t seen it either.

Ken

Reaction score
And Akoye basically stated “they don’t get a lot of practice under Center”, to justify bad run blocking, which all comes back to the QB, who needs to throw primarily out of shotgun all the time. They aren’t threatened by Dak, because when he’s throwing out of even a quick drop back, it’s a bunch of limited routes off of play-action.

Remember when Buddha jumped the screen play and should have had a pick 6 in the Cardinals game? Not sure if it was play action, but it was the same 1-read, don’t bother to even look at the defense, throw by Dak.

So if Dak is under Center, the threat of how you pass is limited, meaning Moore is working with a limited skill-set. Defenses can then focus primarily on defending the run, because even if the play is a pass, where is the threat with the QB? It’s basically going to be a short quick hitting play, or Dak may just try to throw that sideline go route off play action if he sees man coverage on the outside.

So when people say it’s the same thing with Romo and Dak, it’s a crock of garbage. The “Dak-offense” has been tailored to his limited skill set for years. On the other hand, Romo dealt with a completely incompetent OC that had no clue what he was doing and it required Romo to bail them out constantly.
Oh boy....here we go making up our make believe stories about Dak is a literal window licker who fooled Jerry into "40 million a year"

I have news for you...this is the Garrett/Linehan/Boy wonder offense. Shotgun.

Don't believe me huh? Ya know...i used to defend Romo on this same sleight too....but here...this is from Romo's best season(the one you are so proud of) 2014. 12 minutes of his best plays....you will see exactly 1 5 or 7 step drop in all pf these plays. 1..and i think he just forgot to playfake on that play.

So yes, you are wrong and continue to take one shred of truth (dak played in only shotgun in college) and turn it into some sleight on him. He worked on his drops...they just don't have it in the playbook.

Also...every offensive coordinator in the league asks the QB the same question about what they like and are comfortable with. This isn't because Dak licks windows....

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's frustrating watching a quarterback who's scared to pull the trigger and an offensive coordinator who abandons plays that work.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
It only works with Romo because Romo was a gun slinger in every meaning of the term. He wasn't afraid to take the chance to thread the ball through a tight space. Dak on the other hand is very risk averse and is not able to hit those tight windows. Also doesn't see the field as well as Romo did.

I agree except I think you would have to admit in his last two years Romo was more measured and much better in his reads and was more of a tactician than a gunslinger. I think a lot if that was the ability to set defenses up with Demarco.

He would even tell you how much the game slowed down for him later in his career.

Nexx

Reaction score
been trying to tell you guys this since 2016...