Some bold (and not so bold) predictions for 2024

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First the not so bold

- Jake Ferguson will be an elite TE.

Not so bold because some may say he is right now. To me his 2023 was very good, but not elite. He made huge jumps in 2023, and glimpsed at elite ability, but he didnt produce as consistently as the top tier guys do. In 2024 I believe he will

- Mazi Smith will be a much more effective player in 2024

Such a weird case he was this year. They draft him to be a run stopper, have him lose almost 50 pounds and play him primarily at 3T. From what Ive seen the descion to have him lose weight was to get him off the snap faster. Terrible idea. Thats something that an offseason program should have been used for. Not pre camp weight management. This prediction is based on him getting his weight back up to at least 320. I think he can be an Alim McNeal type, and I think 2024 will start him on that path

- Jalen Brooks will beat out Jalen Tolbert

Tolbert improved in 2023, but he was still mediocre. I think his upside is that of a Cedrick Wilson type WR. #4 guy that can step in as a #3 and play a little outside snd a little slot. Brooks flashed a bit as a rookie 7th rounder when targeted, and I think he is the better talent. I think Brooks has a #2 ceiling whereas Tolbert doesnt. Hopefully the competition is for who is #4 and not #3. Either way I think Brooks comes out ahead

- Sam Williams becomes Montez Sweet

Meaning a good #2 rusher capable of 8-10 sacks. His stats for his career have been good for the amount of snaps he has gotten. However he has been our #5 DE edge rusher since he has gotten here. With Armstrong and Fowler likely gone, Williams will get more consistent playing time next season. With 600 or so snaps, I think you see him get 8 to 10 sacks.

visionary

Reaction score
1. Sam Williams will not become Sweat

2. We will not win NFCE

3. Parsons cry (with actual tears) on his podcast because he wont get 13 sacks

JBS

Reaction score
Dallas won’t reach the nfc champ game next season.

Any other predictions are irrelevant

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dallas won’t reach the nfc champ game next season.

Any other predictions are irrelevant
And I can not wait for Jerry's presser after the game.

I believe in our coaches.
Dak needs to improve and I have confidence in him to do so.
We are going all in next season.
Yada, yada, yada.

Just replay the last 3 season ending press conferences and add, 2024, 2025, etc.
The only difference is that it might not even be a playoff game. It will probably be the last regular season game instead.

FoxF

Reaction score
I like Tolbert to take the year 3 leap and become a solid number 2.

Like you mentioned, Mazi‘s situation is a head scratcher. Needs another year of seasoning.

Agreed with Ferguson, ready to dominate.

Lambs mom kneecaps Dak, Tanya Harding style during the preseason.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
First the not so bold

Not so bold because some may say he is right now. To me his 2023 was very good, but not elite. He made huge jumps in 2023, and glimpsed at elite ability, but he didnt produce as consistently as the top tier guys do. In 2024 I believe he will

Such a weird case he was this year. They draft him to be a run stopper, have him lose almost 50 pounds and play him primarily at 3T. From what Ive seen the descion to have him lose weight was to get him off the snap faster. Terrible idea. Thats something that an offseason program should have been used for. Not pre camp weight management. This prediction is based on him getting his weight back up to at least 320. I think he can be an Alim McNeal type, and I think 2024 will start him on that path

Tolbert improved in 2023, but he was still mediocre. I think his upside is that of a Cedrick Wilson type WR. #4 guy that can step in as a #3 and play a little outside snd a little slot. Brooks flashed a bit as a rookie 7th rounder when targeted, and I think he is the better talent. I think Brooks has a #2 ceiling whereas Tolbert doesnt. Hopefully the competition is for who is #4 and not #3. Either way I think Brooks comes out ahead

Meaning a good #2 rusher capable of 8-10 sacks. His stats for his career have been good for the amount of snaps he has gotten. However he has been our #5 DE edge rusher since he has gotten here. With Armstrong and Fowler likely gone, Williams will get more consistent playing time next season. With 600 or so snaps, I think you see him get 8 to 10 sacks.
LOL.

Some people have already moved on from reality, and are gearing up already for the yearly trip down Fantasy Avenue.

Next stop....we draft Hall Of Famers with every draft pick.

Then after that, on to 4-2 City and proclamations of SuperBowls.

Then the 2nd to last stop on this trip: Dak is a Top 5 QB. Here we goooOooOOoOOooo!!!!!

Last stop: Wild Card game, a pick six, multi interception 20 point loss, which h leads us to....

2025 to start 'er all over again!

b0xZZ

Reaction score
My worthless predictions....

Dak plays 24 on his full last year contract, no extension, his last year in Dallas, we move on after this.

Ferguson isn't elite, he's a good pass catching TE but he's not in the same conversation as a Kelce or Witten.

D Law plays his last year in Dallas in 24 as does Tyrone Smith and Javon Kearse. Mazi Smith gets bust status

Diggs has a rough go as he climbs back from his season ending surgery

Cowboys finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My bold prediction - CeeDee Lamb crashes back down to earth, with something like an 80/1000 statline. Nothing against his talent, but players rarely follow up a career season with another monster season. The drop in production gets soaked up evenly by the rest of the supporting cast.

Not so bold prediction - the Cowboys hire their new HC internally by this time next season.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
My bold prediction - CeeDee Lamb crashes back down to earth, with something like an 80/1000 statline. Nothing against his talent, but players rarely follow up a career season with another monster season. The drop in production gets soaked up evenly by the rest of the supporting cast.

Not so bold prediction - the Cowboys hire their new HC internally by this time next season.
Which will be ron or zimmer

RS12

Reaction score
First the not so bold

I dont trust Williams not to do something stupid in the off season. They say players make their biggest improvement between years one and two. Didnt really see it and he continues to commit really dumb penalties. As for Mazi who was supposed to be a freak athlete, it never translated to the field and if he doesnt show something early next season he probably never will.

Last edited: