Some Comforting Info

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Since everbodysays Drew Bledsoe will make or break our season i started thinking(i know wow)

When Henry was the starting RB a decent to bad RB, the bills were 0-4, Drew played horribly

When Willis became the starter the bills went 9-3, Drew had some good games, some bad ones, but maybe 2 games he lost himself.

Now lets compare the teams

Wills<Jones

Buffalo has no TE< We Do

Buffalo has some WR = So do we

Buffalo has a sorry OL< We have 3 probowlers 1 to be and only one question

Buffalo has a great D= If ours lives up to expectations we can bejust as good or even better

Buffalo's HC< We got the best

So by looking at this, as long as JJ stays healthy and we keep are running game like it was at the end of last season, i really see no problem with us starting Drew Bledose, as we awit our team to gel togethr so Henson has a great team to step in, and can make up for any mistakes he does make.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
willis>or = Jones not Jones>willis In your own words their Oline sux and Willis basically a Rookie still Had a Great Year and He isn't like most Miami Players getting into trouble and asking for more money.

Now I like Jones but he only played 1/2 a season lets see if he can play a full season before saying he's better than a RB like Willis.

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the fact that this is probably a better Dallas team that Drew Bledsoe played on in Buffalo last year sometimes that isn't the determining factor. I have been uncomfortable with the Drew Bledsoe move since we got him but I am just keeping my fingers crossed and expecting the worse and hoping for the best. I just think that Bledsoe may be at the point where he has absorbed too much punishment and that he may possilbly be shellshocked.
I guess were all going to find out soon enough...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
willis>or = Jones not Jones>willis In your own words their Oline sux and Willis basically a Rookie still Had a Great Year and He isn't like most Miami Players getting into trouble and asking for more money.

Now I like Jones but he only played 1/2 a season lets see if he can play a full season before saying he's better than a RB like Willis.

Willis was hurt his whole entire rookie year, and i saw more out off JJ in 8 games then i did in Willis, but thats my own personal perfence, my point stil stands, Jones is a good RB

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Willis was hurt his whole entire rookie year, and i saw more out off JJ in 8 games then i did in Willis, but thats my own personal perfence, my point stil stands, Jones is a good RB
I don't disagree that jones is a good RB. and the Bills new that Willis wouldn't play his rookie season when they drafted him would we have drafted JJ if we knew he would break his collar bone in the first couple weeks of the season? I'm willing to bet we wouldn't have.

Anyway I agree with your post except for that one point and I think DB will have a great year. people are overlooking our young receiver who I think will come into their own this year atleast I hope they do.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Anyway I agree with your post except for that one point and I think DB will have a great year. people are overlooking our young receiver who I think will come into their own this year atleast I hope they do.

sorry i'm a little confused all mysmarts was used on my post (which is sad cause it aint that good)

wxcpo

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

Agreed. I know that as Cowboys fans we are very encouraged with what we saw from JJ in his 8 games last season (well at least the 3 games anyways). Although if I had a choice right now I would take McGahee over Jones by the slightest of margins. Both guys were rookies last season (you may as well say McGahee was) Jones played in 8 games rushing for over 100 in 3 of them, McGahee played in 15 games (the first 3 he received 19 carries combined) and rushed for over 100 in 7 of them.

At this point both RBs are clearly the future of the position for both teams and I think both are pretty happy with what they have. I will reserve full judgement as to which one is truly better after seeing them play in an equal amount of season games.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
I think JJ will SERIOUSLY improve next season, I think we BARELY scratched the surface with what this guy can do.

I don't remember where, but I remember him saying somewhere that he felt 'shriveled up' because of his shoulder injury and not being able to workout.

So if he worked out this summer, I expect VERY big things from him.

twa

Reaction score
CaptainComeback said:
Unfortunately, the fact that this is probably a better Dallas team that Drew Bledsoe played on in Buffalo last year sometimes that isn't the determining factor. I have been uncomfortable with the Drew Bledsoe move since we got him but I am just keeping my fingers crossed and expecting the worse and hoping for the best. I just think that Bledsoe may be at the point where he has absorbed too much punishment and that he may possilbly be shellshocked.
I guess were all going to find out soon enough...

I wouldn't worry Bledsoe is "shellshocked", from what I have seen he will take too many shots trying to make a play. Bill's offensive philosophy will help by reducing the need in Bledsoe's mind to make something happen.

The old "play within yourself" game.....something Aikman was a master at.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
I think JJ will SERIOUSLY improve next season, I think we BARELY scratched the surface with what this guy can do.

You are talking going from very good, which I think he was last year, to All Pro or better. Bold prediction. I am not quite ready to do that just yet.

But as for Bledsoe, if he is supported by the running game and kept on a very short leash, I don't see any reason why he could do any worse than he did for Buffalo last year. I just don't consider that "great" by any means. I would settle for average, but fear the fact that we might not be able to protect him well enough to hurt badly.

However, this talk that we have a significantly better offense than Buffalo is silly. Our offensive line is better, but our receivers are a wash. We have a tight end, which is key. That, above anything else, swings the balance in our favor.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think he's going to light it up in our offense where he doesn't have to make something happen every play and he's in more of a structured system. VT's biggest problem last year was floaters that got picked. Take those away and we probably win several more games. Floaters are one thing Bledsoe won't throw and he knows the wrath of BP that awaits him if he tries to force throws. I think that "fear" of BP is something Drew needs to keep him in-line.
Plus, Drew has a phenom TE, RB, and should have a good OL.
The bus will go down the road as long as the driver doesn't hijack it with turnovers. That's what BP has been saying since he got here and I believe him. Unfortunately, we haven't had a QB that could throw less that 20 INTs in a season for a while, which by the way is a ridiculous amount.
Rachet up the defense with better talent and bulk and I think we should be good enough for at least a WC.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see how DB performs in the 4th quarter when we are behind and he has to throw for us to win. I'll bet the feel good DB love fest won't continue after he tosses a couple of picks. If we don't have the lead going into the 4th quarter, it could be rough because JJ and our running game could be non-existent.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
I'm not sure we "wash" at the receiver position.... I think they might take us there

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Let's see how DB performs in the 4th quarter when we are behind and he has to throw for us to win. I'll bet the feel good DB love fest won't continue after he tosses a couple of picks. If we don't have the lead going into the 4th quarter, it could be rough because JJ and our running game could be non-existent.

wellit dpends if you talking Minnesota lead after the 4th quarter, or greenbay or all the other blowouts we faced, then yea he problay would blow some oppportnuites, but thats why we have a D and a running game, to keep control of the clock and to keep blowouts from happening and to have a lead or a very close game in the 4th quarter.

What i beilive is if we have a game like the second one in Phili then he wont throw that idiotic pick Vinny did.

followthestar

Reaction score
as for bringing along QBs, Parcells is not in that business and neither should we be. players will develop as they will, and if they don't show in camp and preseason that they are the best at their position on the roster, then someone else will be starting. the NFL is all about winning now.
i think Bledsoe will do very well - good enough to answer his critics. if Henson has to play the second half of the season for instance, i think it would cost us a couple games though certainly he would be more experienced because of it. the bottom line is it would cost us a couple games, and that would probably be enough to prevent us from getting to the tournament...
still, i think just about everyone agrees that Henson should have gotten some chances late last season. and while i think he will succeed, i really have no idea...

kartr

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I think he's going to light it up in our offense where he doesn't have to make something happen every play and he's in more of a structured system. VT's biggest problem last year was floaters that got picked. Take those away and we probably win several more games. Floaters are one thing Bledsoe won't throw and he knows the wrath of BP that awaits him if he tries to force throws. I think that "fear" of BP is something Drew needs to keep him in-line.
Plus, Drew has a phenom TE, RB, and should have a good OL.
The bus will go down the road as long as the driver doesn't hijack it with turnovers. That's what BP has been saying since he got here and I believe him. Unfortunately, we haven't had a QB that could throw less that 20 INTs in a season for a while, which by the way is a ridiculous amount.
Rachet up the defense with better talent and bulk and I think we should be good enough for at least a WC.

Many qb's with less than 48 starts throw a lot of ints,including Farve and Manning, in fact Farve still does. Bledsoe will probably throw less ints than Vinny, just about everyone does, but Drew will make up for it with loss fumbles, he always does, so it's a wash. Drew's "fear of getting hit" will overcome his ''fear of Bill", cause there's no decent qb on the roster behind him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
Drew's "fear of getting hit" will overcome his ''fear of Bill", cause there's no decent qb on the roster behind him.
Which Cowboy coach or front office person said that? :eek:

Mash

Reaction score
Bleadsoe is a bus driver nothing more....the success on our season relies on our lines....our OL needs to open holes especially on short yardage and our Dline needs to put pressure on the QB without sending the house.

Bleadsoe may have a stronger arm then Vinny but thats not saying much....Bleadsoe is suffering from what Aikman suffered late in his carreer....happy feet.

Bill will rely on his defence and ball control. Lets hope our OL gells together and becomes a force.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Willis > Jones ... at least for now
Moulds + Evans > Key and Glenn
Bills D > Dallas D, for now.

That being said, we do have a better TE so he's got a good outlet, and we do have a better line so he will get the protection he needs.

We'll see how it goes.

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

I see where you're comming from here, but we all must also factor in that with our new and improved D - yeah, I know, we have yet to see them do dick on the field of battle BUT with the additions we've made on that side of the ball, there is no frickin' way they're not going to be a major improvement over what we fielded last season. (And they're only going to get better as the season wears on!) Gettin' off track here - our D is going to have a major impact on whether or not we're far enough behind going into the fourth qtr. to warrant Drew having to win it for us through the air.