Some Cowboy haters I know

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
are now telling me about the gravity of this loss. Apparently there is no way the Packers lose their next two games which will force us gasp to win our last two.

I swear to listen to them, the Packers are playing two Division 3 teams and we are playing a combination of the 1970s Steelers, 1980s 49ers and 1990s Cowboys.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1839436 said:
are now telling me about the gravity of this loss. Apparently there is no way the Packers lose their next two games which will force us gasp to win our last two.

I swear to listen to them, the Packers are playing two Division 3 teams and we are playing a combination of the 1970s Steelers, 1980s 49ers and 1990s Cowboys.

No it's just that the Packers are playing better than us right now so their fans are acting like we act after we soundly beat teams on Sunday. If we lost to the 5-8 Eagles, of course we can lose the next two in the enemies eyes.

My advice is to just punch these people in the face and then hope we beat the living daylights out of Carolina cause then everyone will crawl back under their rocks worried about us again.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1839485 said:
No it's just that the Packers are playing better than us right now so their fans are acting like we act after we soundly beat teams on Sunday. If we lost to the 5-8 Eagles, of course we can lose the next two in the enemies eyes.

My advice is to just punch these people in the face and then hope we beat the living daylights out of Carolina cause then everyone will crawl back under their rocks worried about us again.

Opinion alert.

We beat the Packers 3 weeks ago and made Brett - almighty - Favre look like a rook.

We had a bad defensive game 2 weeks ago and a bad offensive game this week.

Its not like all 3 units of are team have been bad.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
smarta5150;1839487 said:
Opinion alert.

We beat the Packers 3 weeks ago and made Brett - almighty - Favre look like a rook.

Dude nobody except the fans of the specific team care about all the good things that your team does in a loss. To everyone else, a loss is a loss. All they see is that we've gone downhill since the GB game while they've recovered easily and handed it to their two opponents in the last two weeks.

Obviously people are gonna talk trash when your only saving grace against the Lions was them kicking a fumbled ball back to you, followed up by losing at home to a pretty bad Eagles team.

As I originally said, the bottom line is that we need to take care of business these next two weeks, and that in and of itself will shut all the haters up. You can analyze all the cute fun things that we did today that were good, but the wins are what shut enemies up.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
UVAwahoos;1839492 said:
Dude nobody except the fans of the specific team care about all the good things that your team does in a loss. To everyone else, a loss is a loss. All they see is that we've gone downhill since the GB game while they've recovered easily and handed it to their two opponents in the last two weeks.

Obviously people are gonna talk trash when your only saving grace against the Lions was them kicking a fumbled ball back to you, followed up by losing at home to a pretty bad Eagles team.

As I originally said, the bottom line is that we need to take care of business these next two weeks, and that in and of itself will shut all the haters up. You can analyze all the cute fun things that we did today that were good, but the wins are what shut enemies up.

You said the Packers are playing better than us... we beat them right?

That should be enough to shut them up, if they are still talking then they just sound silly.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Except of course, look who they played, Oakland at home and a terrible Ram team we beat 35-7.

We have played two teams that needed to win to keep their season alive. Those teams played like they were dead if they lost.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Packers came very close to beating us w/ a bkup QB. We very well should have lost to Detroit, and today, we did lose to the Eagles. Any football fan who doesn't see the impending "December Collapse" needs to take off the Cowboy Blue glasses and pour themselves a galss of reality. Sorry, but reality will prevail...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1839499 said:
Unfortunately, the Packers came very close to beating us w/ a bkup QB. We very well should have lost to Detroit, and today, we did lose to the Eagles. Any football fan who doesn't see the impending "December Collapse" needs to take off the Cowboy Blue glasses and pour themselves a galss of reality. Sorry, but reality will prevail...

I don't think those who believe we can overcome these December fallouts homers.

Last year's December has NOTHING to do with this year's December.

It might seem like we are cursed and doomed in this month but they are not at all related.

Coincidences would be a better word, unless you really do believe in curses.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1839499 said:

Don't you have to actually be ahead of a team more than 3-0 after the first drive to be said to be very close to beating a team?

As for your reality, weren't you the one who said we should tank the season after we lost to the Patriots?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
smarta5150;1839501 said:
I don't think those who believe we can overcome these December fallouts homers.

Last year's December has NOTHING to do with this year's December.

It might seem like we are cursed and doomed in this month but they are not at all related.

Coincidences would be a better word, unless you really do believe in curses.

It's a self-fulfilling myth. Oh we are terrible in December so if we do not blow teams out in that month, we must be sliding.

They get the benefit this time because what should have been our first December game was played November 29 so they get a break. They couldn't be complaining if we were 2-1 in December.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1839499 said:
The "reality" of the last two weeks of the season has no happened yet.

In other words, you're full of nonsense, per usual.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1839502 said:
Don't you have to actually be ahead of a team more than 3-0 after the first drive to be said to be very close to beating a team?

As for your reality, weren't you the one who said we should tank the season after we lost to the Patriots?
Exactly. The Packers did not have the ball in scoring position in the second half with the chance to take the lead. If TO does not drop an INT than we win 44-27. Close indeed.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I'm sure I said we are not in their leagure, and we aren't. And in my opinion, Aaron Rogers played very well against us and we were gifted by the refs on a couple of calls. And as far as December's go, these are 90% the same players that were here to collapse last year as this year.

Just because I don't kid myself about this team doesn't mean I don't want them to win. But the guys that are going somewhere in the POs are building momentum at this time of year (al la Jacksonville, and Minny) not relying on miracle finishes against teams they were supposed to beat (al la Buffalo).

How many times this year have we listened to the Postgame show or Talking Cowboys, and the "analysts" are talking about if so-and-so had just kept up w/ what was working, they may well have beat us, but that so-and-so all of a sudden did a 180 w/ their game plan and shot themselves in the foot?

You need to listen more to Nate Newton when he's on Talking Cowboys. He is much more of a realist and knows that this team is much more hyped than it should be. Carolina took out Seattle today and Washington really beat NY in the Meadowlands. I don't think we can beat Washington since they almost beat us at home last month. I don't know about Carolina. I'm hoping that they were looking ahead today and gave Seattle the A-game they intended for us....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1839511 said:
I'm sure I said we are not in their leagure, and we aren't. And in my opinion, Aaron Rogers played very well against us and we were gifted by the refs on a couple of calls. And as far as December's go, these are 90% the same players that were here to collapse last year as this year.

We're not in the same league as the team we beat handily. Um right

CalCBFan said:
Just because I don't kid myself about this team doesn't mean I don't want them to win. But the guys that are going somewhere in the POs are building momentum at this time of year (al la Jacksonville, and Minny) not relying on miracle finishes against teams they were supposed to beat (al la Buffalo).
Like the Colts last year, right?

CalCBFan said:
How many times this year have we listened to the Postgame show or Talking Cowboys, and the "analysts" are talking about if so-and-so had just kept up w/ what was working, they may well have beat us, but that so-and-so all of a sudden did a 180 w/ their game plan and shot themselves in the foot?
You could say that about almost any game in the league. It's the NF freakin L games are more often close than not. Want blowouts watch college or high school.
CalCBFan said:
You need to listen more to Nate Newton when he's on Talking Cowboys. He is much more of a realist and knows that this team is much more hyped than it should be. Carolina took out Seattle today and Washington really beat NY in the Meadowlands. I don't think we can beat Washington since they almost beat us at home last month. I don't know about Carolina. I'm hoping that they were looking ahead today and gave Seattle the A-game they intended for us....
Stop dressing your uber-pessimism in a "realist" cloak. There's no reason we can't beat the Panthers or the Commanders. Stop making out like we're among the worst teams in the league.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1839511 said:

You have a couple valid points but I can bet quite a lot that Jacksonville and Minnesota will not go very far in the playoffs. Especially Jacksonville...you're not gonna get past the Pats or Colts in the AFC.

The Giants just aren't very good and neither are the Commanders. That game doesn't mean much either way. We need to defend our elite status and finish the job these next two weeks. That's what elite teams do and now we should have a pretty firm chip on our shoulders again.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score

Sounds lot like some of the members on this site.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Whats great about the Packers upcoming games is that they are playing division rivals in both.

Chicago may make this game their SB.

Detroit may be playing for playoff spot in their last game vs GB.

GB may have to fight hard for these two wins.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Let me ask some of you guys something.

Why are you so surprised that the Cowboys lost to a division rival that even went toe-to-toe with the New England Patriots?

Donovan McNabb is auditioning for other teams, Philadelphia still has an outside shot of making the Playoffs and they have a very experienced Defensive Coordinator, who has been known to make opposing QBs foolish.

The Cowboys didn't look focused and played horribly, but I am not surprised we lost.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
smarta5150;1839487 said:
Opinion alert.

this kind of comment always amazes me no matter what group of fans say it.

no 1-You say that the Cowboys made Brett look like a rookie. Would you also extend that to say that the Eagles made Romo look like a Quincy Carter or worse. No you won't say that, you just say that the Cowboys had a bad offensive game. Don't give any credit to the Eagles who might have been a reason for Romos problem. I guess I could have spinned the Packer game and said, Favre and the offense just had a bad game. That would have minimized the game plan that Dallas did do against Favre and the Packers. I could have spinned that game and said that Green Bays defense just had a bad game because Woodson was out and KGB was hurt. That would have minimized the job that Dallas did that night.

The Detroit game, you just said that the Dallas defense played bad. Again, no credit to the job Detroit did in executing their game plan. It's just Dallas played bad.

Other teams get played a lot of money too. Sometimes, just sometimes, the reason a time might lose or play bad is because the other team actually caused those problems.

Using your logic, I am sure the reason the Packers are 12 and 2 is because the teams they have played just played bad on offense and defense not because of anything Green Bay did and that Dallas is 12 and 2 because they just overpowered the other teams best performances. :rolleyes: