Some early week thoughts and ideas!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The defense is built around Parsons and Tank. I think we are in big trouble. Maybe run 3/4 to get Clark on the field in some instances. I expect the Steelers to try and power run us and attack are second corner. Good news they have a bunch of injuries on the offensive line but Fields is just a step below Lamar as a runner. He played really well the last few weeks.

The Cooper bridge is burned. If he is available in a trade I think there would be lots of teams bidding for him. The cost could be as high as a 4th, I doubt if Jerry pays that price.

I don’t think the backs are special but are running scheme is trash. With our interior linemen I don’t understand how we are not opening up holes.

They are going to have to help Guyton this game or Dak is not making it out of Pittsburgh healthy.
I am more worried generating a pass rush then anything else. Truly believe Kneeland/Golston can hold up against the run.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Im definitely on board with Cooper as long as they can patch things up. I just dont know either side is interested in that. There have been rumors floated amoungst beat guys that Dallas is considering a trade at WR.
They have to do something as their run game is giving them nothing.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't see how the team gets better without Lawrence and Parsons. I admit they have been undisciplined at times but they have still made some plays. Parsons gets a lot of attention and that is supposed to help some other guys. Last week Mazi benefitted from the Giants using 2 offensive linemen to keep Parsons in check. If the defense is to get better it has to be because everyone else steps up now.

Who is going to rush the passer? Where does the heat come from? Maybe the use Overshown on more blitzes but he might not be as durable as we like. I just do not see Golston, Lawson, and this practice squad guy stepping up and making the defense better. It is not only about discipline.

I do like the idea of getting Kneeland more playing time. I think he will be a good replacement for Lawrence next year. But replacing Parsons will be nearly impossible.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
-This sounds crazy, but our run defense might actually improve without DLaw, Parsons in the lineup. I saw two undisciplined players that struggled setting the edge. No doubt their loss will affect our pass rush.

-Zimmer is going to have to be creative trying to manufacture pressure as the corner position opposite Diggs is a real problem. Believe we are going to see a lot of blitzing from the linebacker position to generate a rush.

-Saw this on another site recently and it doesn't sound crazy if bridges weren't burned, Why not try to reacquire Amari Cooper via trade for the rest of the season. He is playing on his last yr of his contract and would instantly upgrade the #2 WR spot. Browns aren't going anywhere this season. Perhaps a day 3 pick could get it done. All the team would have to do is absorb in contract for the rest of the season.

-Something has to be done to kickstart our rushing attack. The offense is going to have to protect the defense the next few weeks and the best way to do that is possessing the football and keeping them fresh. They have to give Dalvin Cook his turn, before looking outside on the trade market.

-I remember the Cowboys shifted their OL to protect Doug Free years ago, perhaps they need to do the same for Guyton.
The only thought I have is, I hate the Steelers kick their ***