Some Encouraging Romo Quotes

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I love Romo. He's my QB, man. :)
I wouldnt trade him for any other QB.

BUT... I cant stand his interviews. He sounds like he is trying to be a Bill Parcell's disciple and he stinks at it.

It hurts to watch and listen to him answer questions. I dont like his non-chalantedness(word?) lol

Ok, rant off. :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
YoMick;2404821 said:
It hurts to watch and listen to him answer questions. I dont like his non-chalantedness(word?) lol

No, it's not. ;)

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
alright someone please fill me in on this "Tom Brady" thing..

did he say he was going to try to be more like Brady during the off-season or something? what did I miss

Frozen700

Reaction score
xWraithx;2404891 said:

did he say he was going to try to be more like Brady during the off-season or something? what did I miss

basically said he watched tapes of brady...and saw how he stood in the pocket...n was going to try and improve on his stature in the pocket

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2404055 said:
It is clear that he does mask some of the problems we have. Watching Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger gave me visions of Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, et al.

I thought Bollinger did alright after he got the nerves out.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2404011 said:
I hope it's, "this Tom Brady stuff is for Tom Brady, I'm better when I'm active in the pocket"

:hammer:

and whats more i hope he starts to get fired up when things don't go well. he oiften looks so unmotivated when he doesn't hit the homerun every throw. i can't stand his annoyed face on the field everytime something doesn't go well. looks to me like he wants to quit right there on the field.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
xWraithx;2404891 said:

He was talking about not moving up in the pocket so fast, like he did the last two years. He was going to try and stay in the deep pocket, like Brady does, and not step up so soon.

The kicker is, Brady had great protection from his tackles, so he could afford to stay back in the pocket. When Romo stays back in the pocket, he gets hit from behind and the ball gets slapped away.

I think he learned that he is going to have to go back to stepping up in the pocket, because our Tackles are getting beat outside, ultimately causing more fumbles.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Well Tony, not to put pressure on you, but you need to save this team. Have fun.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
What has hurt us most is having backups whose style of play is not similar to Romo's. I think that needs to be one of the top priorities this offseason. I'm also thinking we need to be double-deep behind Felix and Marion also, with two people similar in style of play to beable to step in behind them.

Losing Romo has hurt us because nobody came in with the smallest amount of similarity. But it also hurt us at the running back position. Date it back to the playoff loss to the Gints last year when Julius didn't play very much and now to where we have been without Felix playing. So basically I'm seeing Romo and the changeup RB as our primary ingredients. Lose 1 we're limping seriously, lose 2 and we're practically dead in the water.

Unlike the other 2 primary positions on offense, WR & TE- we're seeing some interchangeability in there. One goes down and others are stepping up. And that was all the way back to last year with Glenn being here and being down.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2405052 said:
What has hurt us most is having backups whose style of play is not similar to Romo's. I think that needs to be one of the top priorities this offseason. I'm also thinking we need to be double-deep behind Felix and Marion also, with two people similar in style of play to beable to step in behind them.

Losing Romo has hurt us because nobody came in with the smallest amount of similarity. But it also hurt us at the running back position. Date it back to the playoff loss to the Gints last year when Julius didn't play very much and now to where we have been without Felix playing. So basically I'm seeing Romo and the changeup RB as our primary ingredients. Lose 1 we're limping seriously, lose 2 and we're practically dead in the water.

Unlike the other 2 primary positions on offense, WR & TE- we're seeing some interchangeability in there. One goes down and others are stepping up. And that was all the way back to last year with Glenn being here and being down.

Good point. As much as I have hated him in the past, Jeff Garcia would fit this mold pretty well.