Some numbers to explain the loss

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
First Down Play Calls
First down plays: 32 / 7.03 yards per play
Passing plays: 17 / 9.76 yards per play (two incompletions)
Running Plays: 15 / 3.93 yards per play (10 plays four yards or less)

Less than 5 yards on first down is not "optimal" per analytics. A 50/50 play call split is not, either. I don't remember any play action passes on first down but I could be wrong. The feast or famine on running plays leads to our next numbers.

Third Down Yards To Go
Third down plays: 12 / 10.09 yards to go (only twice was it less than 6 yards)

It's no surprise Dallas was 3 for 12 on third down. No offense can consistently convert third and very long.

Dak Running Plays
Dak running plays: 3 / 30 yards. I believe they were all scrambles, not play calls.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yea pretty good stuff. The third-down issue was made much worse by some of the struggles on first and second.

As far as Dak running, it looked like he had the option to keep it himself on a lot of handoffs, and it just wasn't there. I'd imagine we'll see him get a lot more carries against other teams.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
First Down Play Calls
First down plays: 32 / 7.03 yards per play
Passing plays: 17 / 9.76 yards per play (two incompletions)
Running Plays: 15 / 3.93 yards per play (10 plays four yards or less)

Less than 5 yards on first down is not "optimal" per analytics. A 50/50 play call split is not, either. I don't remember any play action passes on first down but I could be wrong. The feast or famine on running plays leads to our next numbers.

Third Down Yards To Go
Third down plays: 12 / 10.09 yards to go (only twice was it less than 6 yards)

It's no surprise Dallas was 3 for 12 on third down. No offense can consistently convert third and very long.

Dak Running Plays
Dak running plays: 3 / 30 yards. I believe they were all scrambles, not play calls.
Yup poor play calling on first down for a majority of the night

Creeper

Reaction score
It reminded me of last season. 3 points in the 3nd half with the game on the line. No defense. With their weapons 17 points is unacceptable.