Some perspective for the Jones Cartel tonight

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Teams play to win Super Bowls.

Nobody goes into the season with the goal to NOT win a Super Bowl.

Are you seriously referencing Bum Bright as a positive in Cowboys history?

FYI: Bum Bright

84 9-7
85 10-6 Lost their only playoff game with a score of 20-0.
86 7-9
87 7-8
88 3-13

The 85 season included:
44-0 Loss to the Bears
50-24 Loss to the Bengals
20-0 Playoff loss to the Rams.
Bum was worse owner in Cowboys history. We should have known an Aggie would screw up our franchise.

Out of spite for not being able to fire Landry he agreed to sell to Jethro who had the lowest bid amongst other potential buyers like Mavericks owner Carter and Lakers owner Dr Buss because he knew Tom would be fired .

And for the record Tex had already mentioned the prospect of bringing a HC like Jimmy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
After these upsets today, here’s some ripe perspective I hope the Jones boys get tonight: Joe Burrow wasn’t even born the last time that the Dallas Cowboys reached a Conference Championship Game.

Burrow has literally lived his whole life, won a Heisman and National Championship at LSU, got drafted into the NFL by the Cincinnati Bengals, and still beat the Cowboys to a conference championship.

Earth to Jones boys….that small group of teams who haven’t done squat in over a quarter of century just got smaller. And your #1 in revenue team is still on it.

Find a mirror, that set of curtains you don’t like, and stop playing like you know what you’re doing and get serious about turning this thing around.
Did you know that Burrow was beaten out by a former high draft choice of the WFT at Ohio State. Burrow has been on a tremendous run but he earned every bit of it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
.....of course you do.

You hate Dak MORE than you LIKE the Cowboys yet to obtuse to realize it..... HACK.

Psssst....The OP has nothing to do with your agenda.

JustChip

Reaction score
I think one reason Jerry has been so mad this week is I think deep down (though he won’t admit it) he knows he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Will McClay has saved him from decades of draft embarrassment.

But when it comes to hiring coaches and how to build a roster that wins playoff games, he’s completely clueless. And I think he’s angry because he knows it’s true.
I don’t know. That might be projecting how you would feel.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
lmao, this is comical. when you guys finally come to realize this steaming pile of horse crap isn't ever win anything again, the better off you will be. I find it comical watching the games and listening to the excuses.
This may have been the back breaker...watching this Rams /Bucs debacle....it's amazing we still aren't playing....we had everything right in front of us.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

84 9-7
86 7-9
87 7-8
88 3-13

The 85 season included:
44-0 Loss to the Bears
You obviously didn’t read the post. All I said about Bum Bright and Clint Murchison was they didn’t hire their kids. No there was nothing positive about Bum Bright.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Watched the Cowboys win it three times in four years as a kid. Can't take those memories away.

It wasn't because of Jerry Jones. Jimmy Johnson built those teams.

Since that time Jerry has been responsible for awfulness and he still doesn't see it that way. Until he is gone, we will not have the possibility to win.

I've accepted it. Still have the memories though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The Jones Cartel
SmokeyBandit_021Pyxurz.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
Side Note:
Jimmy Johnson was 2 Super Bowls in 5 years.
Tom Landry won 2 Super Bowls in 29 years.

Jerry won 3 Super Bowls as "GM".
Tex Schramm won 2 Super Bowls as GM in 29 years.
Twist and shout.

kskboys

Reaction score

84 9-7
86 7-9
87 7-8
88 3-13

The 85 season included:
44-0 Loss to the Bears
Sure they do. Houston, Jax, DET, all just did. At some point, a team's goal is to get a high draft pick and rebuild and "not win a super bowl."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You obviously didn’t read the post. All I said about Bum Bright and Clint Murchison was they didn’t hire their kids. No there was nothing positive about Bum Bright.
Bum was definitely the worst owner in Cowboys history. We should have known an Aggie would screw up our franchise .

His hard on for not being able to fire Landry and his savings and loan bankruptcy led him to choose Jethro Jone$.

Sadly we still have sympathizers for our embarrassing ownership and why we must continue to call him out.

The early success with Jimmy apparently still provides Jethro a pass for life with this segment who continue enabling him .

Last edited:

JustChip

Reaction score
Bum was definitely the worst owner in Cowboys history. We should have known an Aggie would screw up our franchise .

His hard on for not being able to fire Landry and his savings and loan bankruptcy led him to choose Jethro Jone$.

Sadly we still have sympathizers for our embarrassing ownership and why we must continue to call him out.

The early success with Jimmy apparently still provides Jethro a pass for life with this segment who continue enabling him .
Well said.