Some positives

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think you when you talk about positives it starts with Robert Quinn. He's just on another level.

My question about him is what on earth was going on in Miami for his production to be mediocre and to be traded here for a 6th round pick?

He jumps off the screen when watching our defense. It's unbelievable.. His motor is hotter then the sun.

He probably did take steroids haha.

Jaylon Smith actually looked like Jaylon Smith. I did notice though that he was on the sideline in certain situations and they put other guys out on the field. Maybe they are reducing his role and getting him out of situations where he was to turn and run.

LVE finally started to look like the linebacker that took over games last year.

The defense in general was really good. IF we can keep getting performances like that then this will be a good season.

Rodgers is coming to town though and that will be a real test for the defense.

Aven8

Reaction score
Quinn was playing OLB in the 34 in Miami. With Rod he gets to just attack the QB. Dude is on another level. He not only makes plays on the QB, but all over the field.

I actually thought Sean Lee had a nice game as well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think you when you talk about positives it starts with Robert Quinn. He's just on another level.

My question about him is what on earth was going on in Miami for his production to be mediocre and to be traded here for a 6th round pick?

He jumps off the screen when watching our defense. It's unbelievable.. His motor is hotter then the sun.

Jaylon Smith actually looked like Jaylon Smith. I did notice though that he was on the sideline in certain situations and they put other guys out on the field. Maybe they are reducing his role and getting him out of situations where he was to turn and run.

The defense in general was really good. IF we can keep getting performances like that then this will be a good season.

Our rotations on defense are terrible. I saw dorance and hyder out there way too much. Thomas and Lee out there as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn is the only player playing a break them defense, while the rest are playing the stupid bend defense.
Yes they only given up 56 points in 4 game. however they are allowing teams move up and down the field on them. They got 1 lucky tipped ball on a pick, but give the credit for it. As many act like tipped passes from Dak for picks are great for another teams picks.

But against better offense, many of those FG's will be TD's. At least 2 of those 4 FG's if not all would have been TD's against Brees. Even though Rodgers has not looked great this season, they can't afford to let him get in those positions.

They need to make these stops more out of FG range.

I agree, Smith and LVE looked better, Quinn looks great. But DLaw is non existent, and Awuzie looks awful.
They had a push up the middle and some pressure in the 1st half. Not much at all in the 2nd half.

I seen nothing positive from the offense or special teams.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Good thread......was going start one hitting the same points.

Anytime you hold a Shawn Payton offense w/o a TD, it's a good day for you D. What's ironic is last three weeks the D been MIA against weaker offenses but seem to have found their mojo against one of the best offense coaches in the league. That gives me a good feeling..........LVE and Jaylon looked like the old 2018 version last night. As for Quinn......hell I'd just assume give him a new deal right now. He's exactly what they thought Randy Gregory would be......

John813

Reaction score
Quinn was playing OLB in the 34 in Miami. With Rod he gets to just attack the QB. Dude is on another level. He not only makes plays on the QB, but all over the field.

I actually thought Sean Lee had a nice game as well.

Was going to be playing OLB.

Last year Miami was in a wide 9 4-3 arrangement under Matt Burke.

Miami let Wake and Quinn go for a combined 6th round pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As for the offense, to me, it's really simple.......their D match up very well against our offense. Their DL is fast, athletic and active. Having said that, for whatever reason, it appears played a bit more conservative offensively. Odd why we do use Pollard or go after Eli Apple. But without knowing there could be good reasoning.......

Carson

Reaction score
As for the offense, to me, it's really simple.......their D match up very well against our offense. Their DL is fast, athletic and active. Having said that, for whatever reason, it appears played a bit more conservative offensively. Odd why we do use Pollard or go after Eli Apple. But without knowing there could be good reasoning.......

a bit more? Man they looked like they took Moore’s playbook and cut it down to a tecmo bowl playbook!

Cydios

Reaction score
Only defensive complaint for from DLaw and Awuzie (with the exception of the int) Awuzie was getting burned all night. DLaw was double team (I believe).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree, Smith and LVE looked better, Quinn looks great. But DLaw is non existent, and Awuzie looks awful.
They had a push up the middle and some pressure in the 1st half. Not much at all in the 2nd half.

I seen nothing positive from the offense or special teams.

I think this forum has been too harsh on D. Law but it's definitely time for him to start meeting the QB in the backfield.

Quinn is in the QB's back pocket before D.Law even thinks about shedding his block.

D. Law has to get it going. It's time. Rodgers is coming to town.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this forum has been too harsh on D. Law but it's definitely time for him to start meeting the QB in the backfield.

Quinn is in the QB's back pocket before D.Law even thinks about shedding his block.

I have been waiting for DLaw to come around. I understand, double teams, coming off of surgery, getting back into the groove and all of that.
So I try not to be critical of him. But now he has 4 games now. So time to pick it up. Give us those bookend pass rushers.
I will see what happens over the next few games. It took as while to get going last year as well.

I still think we need a new scheme, but will have to wait until next year. Hopefully.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The problem is that they are not good at defending the pass and they are hard to run on.

Our gameplan was to run on them...

We should be matchup proof but if the coaches decide to be stubborn and use the ego game plan that relies on our guys just beating their guys then you get a 50/50 game like we had last night.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Wanna hear something odd.......the best defensive player in the league, A Donald was quoted on twitter last saying the exact thing......" he's got to get going".