Some reasons to be excited about this draft

rambo2

Reaction score
1st of all the Cowboys hit a home run in the 1st round. That's right, not only a homer but a walkoff grand slam. Amari Cooper came a year early and led the team to the division title and a playoff win. This also gave the team and the qb some excellent playoff experience.

Now looking forward to the rest of the draft and there are reasons to be optimistic. After watching the combine and seeing the tremendous depth at the wide receiver position, it makes perfect sense to let Beasley walk and draft a receiver that could very well be an upgrade and is about 7 years younger and much cheaper. Just look at the guys that they could draft. Guys like Deebo Samuel, Andy Isabella, Hunter Renfrow, and Penny Hart to name several. There are plenty more available as well. They can use the money that they would have spent on Beasley for a free agent safety or defensive tackle or both.

The draft is also deep at defensive tackle, tight end, and running back. I could see the Cowboys drafting all of these positions. Some guys that I like at defensive tackle that might be there at 58 are Jerry Tillery and Khalen Saunders. At tight end Jace Sternberger should be there at 58 and he might be there in the 3rd. Foster Moreau and Kahale Warring could be there in the 3rd and Issac Nauta may be there later in the draft.

Oh I like me some running backs too. I would be tempted to take Darrell Henderson at 58. I would really like to see him on this team. However, if they miss out on him because they take somebody else at 58 and he is gone when the 3rd round comes up. I would be happy with Mike Weber, Trayveon Williams, or Dexter Williams later on. David Montgomery, Justice Hill, Rodney Anderson, and Bryce Love or also possibilities.

At 58 I'm hoping for Deebo Samuel. He has a lot of upside in the Cowboy offense and he is a tremendous return guy on kickoffs. I would pound the table for him if he was there. I would also be pleased With Jerry Tillery, Khalen Saunders, or Darrell Henderson. I believe that all of these guys have the potential to be special.

I am very optimistic because the Cowboys are close to being very good and their scouting and draft picking has been excellent recently. They are in good position to pick the players that give them an excellent chance to win.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st of all the Cowboys hit a home run in the 1st round. That's right, not only a homer but a walkoff grand slam. Amari Cooper came a year early and led the team to the division title and a playoff win. This also gave the team and the qb some excellent playoff experience.

Now looking forward to the rest of the draft and there are reasons to be optimistic. After watching the combine and seeing the tremendous depth at the wide receiver position, it makes perfect sense to let Beasley walk and draft a receiver that could very well be an upgrade and is about 7 years younger and much cheaper. Just look at the guys that they could draft. Guys like Deebo Samuel, Andy Isabella, Hunter Renfrow, and Penny Hart to name several. There are plenty more available as well. They can use the money that they would have spent on Beasley for a free agent safety or defensive tackle or both.

The draft is also deep at defensive tackle, tight end, and running back. I could see the Cowboys drafting all of these positions. Some guys that I like at defensive tackle that might be there at 58 are Jerry Tillery and Khalen Saunders. At tight end Jace Sternberger should be there at 58 and he might be there in the 3rd. Foster Moreau and Kahale Warring could be there in the 3rd and Issac Nauta may be there later in the draft.

Oh I like me some running backs too. I would be tempted to take Darrell Henderson at 58. I would really like to see him on this team. However, if they miss out on him because they take somebody else at 58 and he is gone when the 3rd round comes up. I would be happy with Mike Weber, Trayveon Williams, or Dexter Williams later on. David Montgomery, Justice Hill, Rodney Anderson, and Bryce Love or also possibilities.

At 58 I'm hoping for Deebo Samuel. He has a lot of upside in the Cowboy offense and he is a tremendous return guy on kickoffs. I would pound the table for him if he was there. I would also be pleased With Jerry Tillery, Khalen Saunders, or Darrell Henderson. I believe that all of these guys have the potential to be special.

I am very optimistic because the Cowboys are close to being very good and their scouting and draft picking has been excellent recently. They are in good position to pick the players that give them an excellent chance to win.

Go BPA but I would like the BPA to be a DT.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think we're in more of a BPA kind of position this year. We're not going to exactly have our choice of blue chippers at #58, so I'll take whoever's there and looks like starter material.

DT, DE, TE, safety, tackle, WR... we have enough holes on our roster that I'm betting we can find one guy who marries need with value, but I wouldn't get too locked in to any one position. At #18 you might have the choice between say a starting LB and a starting WR, but at #58 you usually have to take what the draft gives you.

McClay's drafts have been pretty darn good, so I'm confident that we'll make the most of this pick. Our last 5 second round picks have yielded 4 starters and 2 Pro Bowlers (D-Law, Gregory, Jaylon, Chido, Conner WIlliams), so I think we're in good hands with our next one.