Some Slightly Under the Radar Prospects I Like

tm1119

Reaction score
Just a thread to start discussion on some different prospects. I’ll add more as I watch, but feel free to add your own.

MarShawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan- Versatile DE with good size and athletic ability. Needs to improve pass rush arsenal, but appears to have all of the tools to continue to ascend

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marshawn-kneeland/32004b4e-4542-6541-f4b3-41ddd574e6e9

Kris Jenkins DT Michigan- Maybe not the most under the radar, but I def think Jenkins should be talked about more. Long athletic DT with great gap shooting ability to make plays in the backfield. Needs to add some NFL weight and strength to reach his highest potential, but if he does he could be a valuable interior disrupter. Pro-bowl family bloodlines doesn’t hurt either

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kris-jenkins/32004a45-4e33-9534-d419-9403eb944b45

Jordan Magee LB Temple- Do it all LB that plays with aggression and high energy. Good tackler with enough athleticism to cover in space. Slightly undersized is the only drawback I see.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-magee/32004d41-4725-7251-3489-58ff471fb4f6

Dylan Laube RB New Hampshire- Versatile scat back with slot WR and return ability. Tough runner that’s difficult to bring down and dangerous in space. Could turn into a Theo Reddick type useful back.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dylan-laube/32004c41-5503-7491-8712-116c9eaabb71

tm1119

Reaction score
Malik Washington WR Virginia- Dynamic slot WR with pure hands and serious YAC ability. Knows how to find open space and always a threat with the ball in his hands. At 5’8 you wish he was a bit bigger, but I think he has more than enough talent to carve out a role as a high level slot WR

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/malik-washington/32005741-5351-9225-4aef-42e21658d0ee

Mckinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M- Powerful 6’1 326 lb DT that plays with a surprising amount of explosiveness. Has nearly 34” arms to make up for lack of height. Low center of gravity and power holds up well against the run and can beat G’s with quickness off the snap. Biggest drawback is that he needs to be coached more to fight off blocks and not get stuck on an o-lineman

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mckinnley-jackson/32004a41-4340-5131-b946-3fc29091199f

VACowboy

Reaction score
Malik is amazingly productive and has some of the best hands I've ever seen. He ran 4.47 at 5'8.5" and 191, benched second most of the WRs (19) and jumped out of the building with a 42.5-inch vert. He's not blazer, but he's quick and sudden and ALWAYS open, and runs like a (fast) RB once he has the ball in his hands. He led the ACC in catches this year and set the Virginia record on a bad team. He's a baller who puts up big numbers and happens to be strong and explosive too. If he were an inch and a half taller he'd be a day one pick. Unfortunately I think he goes on day two.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jenkins looks like a 3-4 DE. He might be too lean for what Dallas needs, but I like him a lot as a player.

I would be okay with Jackson in the later rounds.

tm1119

Reaction score
Jenkins looks like a 3-4 DE. He might be too lean for what Dallas needs, but I like him a lot as a player.

I would be okay with Jackson in the later rounds.
6’3 299 isn’t exactly small for a 3 tech. Getting up to 310 ish would be ideal, and also seemingly very doable for someone with his build.

Our current 3 tech was 6’2 280 at the combine so I wouldn’t be too worried about Jenkins

Carson

Reaction score
Tyrone Tracy - Purdue

WR turned RB and it shows…one of the most fun RB watches I’ve had in a while.
Tracy is picking up a lot of steam. I saw him a few times last year, but Broshmo on YouTube opened my eyes to him again

StuckMojo

Reaction score
6’3 299 isn’t exactly small for a 3 tech. Getting up to 310 ish would be ideal, and also seemingly very doable for someone with his build.

Our current 3 tech was 6’2 280 at the combine so I wouldn’t be too worried about Jenkins
I liked his teammate Dlineman Grant better than Jenkins.

Creeper

Reaction score

I saw his measurements, but he just does not look that thick to me when I watch him play. Dallas has guys like Osa to play light at DT, and Golston too. They need a couple of big men in the middle. I would rather they get someone like Sweat if he is there.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Malik Washington WR Virginia- Dynamic slot WR with pure hands and serious YAC ability. Knows how to find open space and always a threat with the ball in his hands. At 5’8 you wish he was a bit bigger, but I think he has more than enough talent to carve out a role as a high level slot WR

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/malik-washington/32005741-5351-9225-4aef-42e21658d0ee

Mckinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M- Powerful 6’1 326 lb DT that plays with a surprising amount of explosiveness. Has nearly 34” arms to make up for lack of height. Low center of gravity and power holds up well against the run and can beat G’s with quickness off the snap. Biggest drawback is that he needs to be coached more to fight off blocks and not get stuck on an o-lineman

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mckinnley-jackson/32004a41-4340-5131-b946-3fc29091199f

Jackson McKinnley would be awesome as a NT for us. im thinking 2nd round prospect i dont think he's going to get out of 2nd round. Too Athletic and strong

tm1119

Reaction score
I saw his measurements, but he just does not look that thick to me when I watch him play. Dallas has guys like Osa to play light at DT, and Golston too. They need a couple of big men in the middle. I would rather they get someone like Sweat if he is there.
To each their own, but I want nothing to do with Sweat in the top 2 rounds. There is literally 0 precedent to a guy that big having success in the NFL. He gives me Dontari Poe vibes…and he’s a full 20 pounds heavier than Poe was. Even Jordan Davis, who is 10x the athlete Sweat is, hasn’t found any success in the NFL yet. There is definitely such a thing as being too big for the NFL and Sweat is close to 30 pounds over the line.

cnuball21

Reaction score
To each their own, but I want nothing to do with Sweat in the top 2 rounds. There is literally 0 precedent to a guy that big having success in the NFL. He gives me Dontari Poe vibes…and he’s a full 20 pounds heavier than Poe was. Even Jordan Davis, who is 10x the athlete Sweat is, hasn’t found any success in the NFL yet. There is definitely such a thing as being too big for the NFL and Sweat is close to 30 pounds over the line.
It’s a tough pill for some to swallow bc we have a lot of TX / Sweat fans on here…but you’re 100% right.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think folks think that Sweat is going to suddenly transform the way this team defends the run. It takes more. He would be a nice piece, but definitely not in round 1 and it would depend on who is on the. board in round 2.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Give me Wilson over Magee - he’s slow to diagnose the play.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Other guys look pretty decent. Like Laube, would allow us to cut Mighty Mite who did absolutely nothing.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Other guys look pretty decent. Like Laube, would allow us to cut Mighty Mite who did absolutely nothing

Gambit

Reaction score
Sweat is becoming my target of choice at 24.

We need a Center, well from this fans point of view. I've heard though the team may be prepared to go with Hoffman if needed at Center. But a center can come round 2 or 3 and there are some later rounds we could target too. Charles Turner is personal pet cat.

I think Sweat makes our Run Defense better day 1.