Someone explain this to me

coult44

Reaction score
With the money we offered a 3rd-4th tier D today, and what we gave Alfred Morris yesterday, we could have kept Demarco Murray last year with the same money. I don't care if you like how we are approaching FA or not, that's crazy. Potentially 20 Million on two guys with question marks...Why?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
With the money we offered a 3rd-4th tier D today, and what we gave Alfred Morris yesterday, we could have kept Demarco Murray last year with the same money. I don't care if you like how we are approaching FA or not, that's crazy. Potentially 20 Million on two guys with question marks...Why?

Please don't dig this Demarco stuff up again. I'm just now starting to effectively cope with my PPD and PTSD.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Please don't dig this Demarco stuff up again. I'm just now starting to effectively cope with my PPD and PTSD.

I agree.

It is time to quit it. It's done.

No matter what side of the fence are on.

Q_the_man

Reaction score

Jerry did not pay Demarco because he fumbled to much and that big fumble against GB sealed it. If Murray does not fumble and takes it to the house he's a Cowboy today.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We didn't want to waste that much money on DeMarco Murray because it would be a bad contract?

Seems pretty straightforward.

superonyx

Reaction score
Stephen Jones didn't pay Demarco because he wanted to prove to everyone that his amazing strategy of building an awesome OL through the draft was the reason for Demarcos success...and he went out and replaced Demarco with:

Randle, McFadden, C. Michael, R. Turbin, Lance Dunbar, Robert Smith, Alfred Morris, Ben Malena, Gus Johnson, and a partridge and a Pear Tree.

See how right he was.
Stephen showed Daddy who the real genius was.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones didn't pay Demarco because he wanted to prove to everyone that his amazing strategy of building an awesome OL through the draft was the reason for Demarcos success...and he went out and replaced Demarco with:

Randle, McFadden, C. Michael, R. Turbin, Lance Dunbar, Robert Smith, Alfred Morris, Ben Malena, Gus Johnson, and a partridge and a Pear Tree.

See how right he was.
Stephen showed Daddy who the real genius was.

He was right.

And Demarco's contract was a glorious disaster.

superonyx

Reaction score
He was right.

And Demarco's contract was a glorious disaster.

The results were so overwealming in favor of it being the right move that they talked to the Eagles and Demarco about a reunion and then embarrassingly chased Matt Forte.

Im confident that after 9 more running backs we bring in we will find the guy to replace Demarco. At the current pace it will only take us 1 more season. Maybe if no drug addicts fall in the draft this year the Jones will draft a quality back.

My fingers are crossed.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The results were so overwealming in favor of it being the right move that they talked to the Eagles and Demarco about a reunion and then embarrassingly chased Matt Forte.

Im confident that after 9 more running backs we bring in we will find the guy to replace Demarco. At the current pace it will only take us 1 more season. Maybe if no drug addicts fall in the draft this year the Jones will draft a quality back.

My fingers are crossed.

They didn't do the deal with the Eagles a second time, either. And Forte would have been a great signing.

We'll draft another back in the mid rounds and keep on trucking. Just like we did last season.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score

Because Murray's a bum and to pay him $42 million for what he was never guaranteed to repeat
would have made us look 100% stupid. so we opted to let em go and our gamble paid off, He never
duplicated his thousand yard performance, He got his money and then the e-girls decided to let em
go, so be thankful we didn't want this guy

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Are we regurgitating this again?

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-ONTbZoNhHQ0/VvXD6YHK3DI/AAAAAAAE3j0/lZv1BAvJPYMgT3fjDHm50DNHFuNQZRxJA/w506-h633/17Z14.gif

jnday

Reaction score
I agree.

It is time to quit it. It's done.

No matter what side of the fence are on.

I am on the side of the fence where I wanted Murray replaced with a top prospect in the draft. That will never happen either.