Someone needs to call Carolina about DJ Moore

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
As a guy that lives in Charlotte and follows the beat here, I can tell you the Panthers aren't interested in moving on from DJ Moore.

They view him as a key foundational piece of their future and adore him here. Fans do too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is a terrible draft for WR.
We badly need a top tier WR with speed
Carolina is a rebuilding mess with a new coach and no QB.
Why not offer the 26th pick and a 3rd?
With his contract, I would think the 26th pick would be more than enough. I think he's a 20 million cap hit in 2023
Giving up a 1st AND 20 mil cap next year seems extreme when you already have Lamb getting paid

I think they would want to keep him though.
They have lots of good young pieces on that team, so depending on what they do at QB, the rebuild might not be as ugly as it seems.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Interesting thought, but I'm not sure Carolina goes for it. They could have cashed in on several players during the trade deadline and didn't. Honestly I'm not sure they are far out from being the favorites in that division as odd as that sounds to say out loud. I think the tear down part of their rebuild is over and now they are focused on adding some talent starting with those extra picks they got from SF + a top 10 pick overall

cnuball21

Reaction score
That would be a stupid contract for Lamb. He is a slot not a 6'3 speedster like DJ Moore. Plus, Lamb isn't due for a new contract.
Lamb spent 55% of his snaps on the outside this season which is comparable to Kupp…so he’s not a slot he just moves around a lot.

That’s the going rate for a premium WR - get ready to be disappointed if you don’t think he’ll command 25+ mil.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bc they are rebuilding with a new coach and need draft picks. Houston made the same decision last year trading AJ Brown.
You’re referring to Tennessee and a lot of good it did them trading AJ Brown. I said at the time it was a dumb move and it resulted in Tennessee sitting home for the playoffs while the Eagles are going to the Super Bowl with AJ Brown. Draft picks don’t guarantee you anything. I’m fine with trading one player for a bevy of draft picks, but not multiple good players.

Hardline

Reaction score
Moore is a building block.not a trading block. Carolina will build around him.