Something has to be done

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
About the officiating, the quality of the sport, and frankly the seemingly clear match fixing ongoing. It is disgraceful how the refs dictate who wins and loses. I think we all knew as the game was coming to a close that the Packers would get a rubbish call go their way and win the game off it. And it happened. Why? Because the NFL is rigged! It's bloody fixed.

I must say, i do feel sorry for the players. Putting their bodies on the line for this. Such a pity. They go through all that training, all those injuries, all the prep work, just to get shafted at the end because you're the victim of a screw job. It's pathetic.

Here's what I think needs to happen. After the 2014 FIFA World Cup, FIFA got massacred for match-fixing and lots of people got in trouble. It was one of the biggest sporting scandals in ages. I think we all need FIFA to step in here and say, "Hang on! What about this?" Because I can't remember a football match under FIFA being this blatantly fixed and rigged. What we need is for FIFA to help lead the investigation and get everything that is going on with the NFL in the public eye. We need the players union (if they're worth a bloody thing) to work with FIFA, and sort this out. This is absolutely disgraceful and needs to be sorted out. The NFL needs to be completely cleaned out and sorted out.

So, I essence, to wrap up my rambling. We as fans need to hope that FIFA gets involved with this to expose the NFL for the match-fixing taking place in the NFL. Make the NFL go through the painful process that FIFA went through. FIFA became even better after they got exposed, and the fixing there was no where near as clear and obvious as it's become in the NFL lately. The NFL will get better too when they get exposed for the corruption and fixing going on. Come on FIFA! Help us!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
goodell ruins everything he touches.
start at foggy-bottom.
he has and continues to disgrace this league.
so do his swamp-minions.
its a joke.
a bad joke.
and we're stuck with this untalented swamp-maggott.

We are unless someone that's uninvolved with the sport can help us. Someone that got exposed for the same thing but managed to keep the matches seemingly fair overall. Yet, that someone got completely humiliated and utterly embarrassed globally for what happened. Yes, FIFA! Its time for them to help the sporting world. I'm sure they'd be rewarded greatly for it ans would gain a fan base that would be forever grateful to them for lusting Goodell and his fellow buffoons and crooks.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It might change if fans picked up their torches and pitchforks, but I don't see that happening. It's too easy to just sit back and consume, even if it's clearly rigged.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
NFL seemed to have peaked in the late 80's/early 90's. I envy you guys who got to experience it. Everything about the league just seemed simpler then..

As someone who was born in 1992, I agree. I know I'm biased with how avidly I follow English football, but I truly think that we're approaching a level of ridiculousness in the NFL to where I think there will be a jump to English football. We need them to help expose the NFL. We as fans have power, but not like FIFA's got. Sometimes, you need another giant to fight a giant. FIFA is the giant we need to fight the NFL and put them in their place.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It might change if fans picked up their torches and pitchforks, but I don't see that happening. It's too easy to just sit back and consume, even if it's clearly rigged.

Well, that's why I pay more attention to English football. Unfortunately, English football is showed in the US in the morning and American football the rest of the day, but im much more into English/European/international football.

cowboyec

Reaction score
NFL seemed to have peaked in the late 80's/early 90's. I envy you guys who got to experience it. Everything about the league just seemed simpler then..
we had a fmr GM as the commish.
this league was better with football people in charge.
it started going south when they elected a lawyer to be commish....and after him...a mail-clerk.
now we have this swamp-maggott who concerns himself with every little detail of non-football matters that have nothing to do with football...and who wants everything provided to him.....and tries to correct mistakes in games....not with new officials.....but thru meaningless legislation that has no intention of being implemented.
IF YOU WONT OVER TURN A CALL....WHY HAVE THE RULE.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
we had a fmr GM as the commish.
this league was better with football people in charge.
it started going south when they elected a lawyer to be commish....and after him...a mail-clerk.
now we have this swamp-maggott who concerns himself with every little detail of non-football matters that have nothing to do with football...and who wants everything provided to him.....and tries to correct mistakes in games....not with new officials.....but thru meaningless legislation that has no intention of implemented.
IF YOU WONT OVER TURN A CALL....WHY HAVE THE RULE.

Exactly right! Why not just have a VAR for all penalties so that they can be automatically reviewed to make sure it's the right call? That's what FIFA and the Premier League did. It'd help the NFL officials too.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly right! Why not just have a VAR for all penalties so that they can be automatically reviewed to make sure it's the right call? That's what FIFA and the Premier League did. It'd help the NFL officials too.

And sure, with VAR, there may be some errors, but in football, VAR is judged by the letter of the laws of football. If the ball glances off your hand, even though it had no effect on a goal, then under VAR, the goal will be disallowed. So yes, it may seem small, but at least the calls would be judged by the letter of the laws of the NFL. This would be more efficient and give us a better chance of a correct call being made.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The game is almost unwatchable. The NFL should be ashamed of the product they are putting on the field and last night was more testament to how pathetic the officiating has become.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
70's were actually the best - when players played for the love of the game and were loyal to their team for their entire careers. Rivalries were far more intense and there wasn't a flag thrown every other play. It'll never be the same but I'll still watch every Sunday and Monday (screw Thursday).

John813

Reaction score
Knowing the NFL they'll do a complete 180 and tell the refs not to call jack crap for 2020. Then we'll see the Packers holding onto victory vs us in the playoffs again.

maxdogg

Reaction score
About the officiating, the quality of the sport, and frankly the seemingly clear match fixing ongoing. It is disgraceful how the refs dictate who wins and loses. I think we all knew as the game was coming to a close that the Packers would get a rubbish call go their way and win the game off it. And it happened. Why? Because the NFL is rigged! It's bloody fixed.

I must say, i do feel sorry for the players. Putting their bodies on the line for this. Such a pity. They go through all that training, all those injuries, all the prep work, just to get shafted at the end because you're the victim of a screw job. It's pathetic.

Here's what I think needs to happen. After the 2014 FIFA World Cup, FIFA got massacred for match-fixing and lots of people got in trouble. It was one of the biggest sporting scandals in ages. I think we all need FIFA to step in here and say, "Hang on! What about this?" Because I can't remember a football match under FIFA being this blatantly fixed and rigged. What we need is for FIFA to help lead the investigation and get everything that is going on with the NFL in the public eye. We need the players union (if they're worth a bloody thing) to work with FIFA, and sort this out. This is absolutely disgraceful and needs to be sorted out. The NFL needs to be completely cleaned out and sorted out.

So, I essence, to wrap up my rambling. We as fans need to hope that FIFA gets involved with this to expose the NFL for the match-fixing taking place in the NFL. Make the NFL go through the painful process that FIFA went through. FIFA became even better after they got exposed, and the fixing there was no where near as clear and obvious as it's become in the NFL lately. The NFL will get better too when they get exposed for the corruption and fixing going on. Come on FIFA! Help us!
I agree 100 % !!

kskboys

Reaction score
goodell ruins everything he touches.
start at foggy-bottom.
he has and continues to disgrace this league.
so do his swamp-minions.
its a joke.
a bad joke.
and we're stuck with this untalented swamp-maggott.
Still falling for that fall guy, I see!!!

Goodell has absolutely nothing to do w/ the reffing, dude.