Something Probably Better Saved for Never

Duane

Reaction score
Parcells has owned Gibbs since the 80's. Why should it change now?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76134

Gibbsisback.jpg

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I don't see the connection between the TITLE and the link to extremeskins. Also I'd like to point out that 90% of the people who replied to that thread think the original posted is weird. Note all the smilies. Like I said in the thread myself.....One guy isn't going to make that big of a difference. Besides clemons was a good special teamer why not pick him up..... ;)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I don't see the connection between the TITLE and the link to extremeskins. Also I'd like to point out that 90% of the people who replied to that thread think the original posted is weird. Note all the smilies. Like I said in the thread myself.....One guy isn't going to make that big of a difference. Besides clemons was a good special teamer why not pick him up..... ;)

I think he was just referencing where the picture came from. Other than that, the link had nothing to do with the thread.

Duane

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I think he was just referencing where the picture came from. Other than that, the link had nothing to do with the thread.

You are correct sir. I thought it was funny and if someone wanted to see where/who I got it from they could.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
I think that picture was created and added as a sig pic near the time that Gibbs was announced as coach. It's been up a long time.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
I think that picture was created and added as a sig pic near the time that Gibbs was announced as coach. It's been up a long time.

It certainly was prophetic.

Whoops! I meant pathetic. ;)

Duane

Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:

I understand that probably was the case. I just thought that I might have a little fun with it over here.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Duane said:
I understand that probably was the case. I just thought that I might have a little fun with it over here.

What's funny is that it has been about 10 days since our game was played. The folks at extreme have moved on and there are no threads over there that relate to the Cowboys, and we lost. Here there are multiple threads that relate to the Commanders, and you won. I haven't been here long enough to know if that is the way it always is or not. It seems a little obsessive doesn't it?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
What's funny is that it has been about 10 days since our game was played. The folks at extreme have moved on and there are no threads over there that relate to the Cowboys, and we lost. Here there are multiple threads that relate to the Commanders, and you won. I haven't been here long enough to know if that is the way it always is or not. It seems a little obsessive doesn't it?

I agree that the continuing obsession with Extremeskins is a little unhealthy... but remember that you have had a game in the meantime and we haven't. I suspect that once this weekend is over, most will forget about the Commanders until the next matchup comes up in December.

Plus, looking at our main forum, I don't really see anything about you guys there... mostly just here in Smack. And if you can't smack the Commanders, then who can you smack?

Although if you guys do continue to stink it up, then I think every week there will be a "Skins Still Suck" thread being kicked around here somewhere or another.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:

Um...what board are you reading? They are obsessed with Dallas because they know they cant beat us. Just yesterday there was a thread about how they couldnt wait for our next matchup.

Duane

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I agree that the continuing obsession with Extremeskins is a little unhealthy... but remember that you have had a game in the meantime and we haven't. I suspect that once this weekend is over, most will forget about the Commanders until the next matchup comes up in December.

Plus, looking at our main forum, I don't really see anything about you guys there... mostly just here in Smack. And if you can't smack the Commanders, then who can you smack?

Although if you guys do continue to stink it up, then I think every week there will be a "Skins Still Suck" thread being kicked around here somewhere or another.
A lot of what you said is dead on. We haven't had another win to gloat over or loss to sulk over in two weeks. Add that to us beating our biggest rival on Monday night and you're going to have some Commander obsessing Cowboy fans.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Says the fan that continues to hang out here...
BTW, we had a bye week, just so you know...

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Says the fan that continues to hang out here...
BTW, we had a bye week, just so you know...

Hey RW- I spend time here because I enjoy opposing views. It is much more fun to debate than read 10 threads on who should be the starting qb. I don't come here and lurk and then run back and post pictures and threads from members here over there.

Duane

Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Hey RW- I spend time here because I enjoy opposing views. It is much more fun to debate than read 10 threads on who should be the starting qb. I don't come here and lurk and then run back and post pictures and threads from members here over there.

I have posted some over there but being a Moderator on this site takes a lot of my time. If you have a problem with us using your board for a little fun you can stay there full time or go to one of the other Cowboy boards on the net.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
Don't claim our board has an obsession with your board when you obviously apreciate us. Especially when you live in the smack forum. We are quite frankly bored (as you can see in the nicknames thread). Our team isn't in turmoil, and we haven't played in a long while.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
Duane said:
I have posted some over there but being a Moderator on this site takes a lot of my time. If you have a problem with us using your board for a little fun you can stay there full time or go to one of the other Cowboy boards on the net.

I haven't said anything about having a problem with what you did. I just used it as an example of obsessive behavior. Apparently I have touched a nerve with you and for that I am sorry. I have been coming here because, up until now, I have met some really fine people here to debate with and have enjoyed the give and take. If you feel that my time on this board has been spent in a trollish manner and that I have added nothing to your community then swing your mighty sword and send me on my way. It won't break my heart or change my life and I certainly won't go back to Extreme and complain about how unfairly that I was treated. That would be an insult to the other exceptional moderators that I have come into contact with here.

Monte51Coleman

Respected Opponent
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Don't claim our board has an obsession with your board when you obviously apreciate us. Especially when you live in the smack forum. We are quite frankly bored (as you can see in the nicknames thread). Our team isn't in turmoil, and we haven't played in a long while.

I can think that there is some obsessive behavior AND appreciate most of you. The two are not mutually exclusive. My mother is obsessed with her hair...but I still love her.

Duane

Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
I haven't said anything about having a problem with what you did. I just used it as an example of obsessive behavior. Apparently I have touched a nerve with you and for that I am sorry. I have been coming here because, up until now, I have met some really fine people here to debate with and have enjoyed the give and take. If you feel that my time on this board has been spent in a trollish manner and that I have added nothing to your community then swing your mighty sword and send me on my way. It won't break my heart or change my life and I certainly won't go back to Extreme and complain about how unfairly that I was treated. That would be an insult to the other exceptional moderators that I have come into contact with here.

No man, it just struck me the wrong way at first. I have no problem with you or the majority of the 'skins fans that post here. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
I can think that there is some obsessive behavior AND appreciate most of you. The two are not mutually exclusive. My mother is obsessed with her hair...but I still love her.
If anything the skins have been more obsessed with us. You see, there have been many threads making fun of eachother and whining when a pic we don't like comes up(gibbs in toilet) but the skins have came here defensdingthemselves.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Monte51Coleman said:
The folks at extreme have moved on and there are no threads over there that relate to the Cowboys, and we lost.

You haven't moved on . . .

You've stopped talking about it because you're embarrassed.

You talked all this trash, just like you do before every game between us . . . and your team came up empty handed again . . .

You haven't moved on though . . . and you aren't fooling anyone.