Something strange has happened when you no longer want to watch game highlights

nathanlt

Reaction score
You know that your status as a fan of the Cowboys has shifted dramatically, when you no longer want to watch game highlights. CeeDee Lamb's best catches from 2023, or from any previous year. Cee Dee Lamb is most certainly not the problem, but it just sickens me to see how much potential the Cowboys have, and yet... the regular playoff exit in dramatic helpless fashion happens year after year. I can't even stomach watching the best of anymore. This coming from a fan who has been watching since I was 6, for about 44 years. No other team, no other sport interests me as much as the Cowboys. And I can't enjoy, nor do I seek out clips of Cowboys greatness.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know that your status as a fan of the Cowboys has shifted dramatically, when you no longer want to watch game highlights. CeeDee Lamb's best catches from 2023, or from any previous year. Cee Dee Lamb is most certainly not the problem, but it just sickens me to see how much potential the Cowboys have, and yet... the regular playoff exit in dramatic helpless fashion happens year after year. I can't even stomach watching the best of anymore. This coming from a fan who has been watching since I was 6, for about 44 years. No other team, no other sport interests me as much as the Cowboys. And I can't enjoy, nor do I seek out clips of Cowboys greatness.
Great thought. I don;t have much enthusiasm about now either.

I will check out a Romo highlight reel every time someone calls him worlds greatest choker...just to remind myself there's a lot of idiots in this world.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry watched his QB cost him another shot at the Super Bowl.
I believe he's finally got the message.

DStar22

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. the enthusiasm is just not there. I am playing the Houston oilers in Madden 24 for the novelty, instead of trying to win the Cowboys a fake Superbowl.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
these last 3 we've had a team thanks to Will McClay and the blame for recent failure is on #4
:facepalm:What about 5-6 years before #4. The results were no different........ oddly, you guys know we have had postseason issues for the past 20+ years but let's blame Dak. I'm not sure why fans can't see this issue is now way bigger than Dak.......or any other previous QB not named Aikman.

Hardline

Reaction score
I have very little interest in the Cowboys overall. This is the first year as a fan I don't care about who they draft. Every player drafted is coming to a toxic situation and I kinda feel sorry for them. Their only shot at a Super Bowl championship is when they become free agents and sign with another team.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I've had to confront that I'm now an admitted Cowboys grouch. I actually hate my favorite team. This is because I know how the franchise is run, and that it is therefor futile to ever get my hopes up because the team is held hostage by a demon from hell sent here to torment us all. The Sunk-Cost Fallacy is all that keeps me going at this rate.

Plus, I can't just simply put my heart into a new team. It just isn't how I'm built. So...

66UeoJ.gif

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Great thought. I don;t have much enthusiasm about now either.

I will check out a Romo highlight reel every time someone calls him worlds greatest choker...just to remind myself there's a lot of idiots in this world.
And yet those "idiots" will always beat you in debate because of one little issue you will never be able to counter. So you can live your Romo fantasy, and call others idiots for stating the undeniable truth about Romo. Facts don't care about your Romo fantasy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
this past playoff was the most disappointed I have been about the cowboys. like you, I don't care much. I absolutely don't care about the draft. I don't care about the upcoming season. I don't care about cowboys drama.

I said it a couple of times, the past two years playoff losses bothered me as much. was I disappointed? did I want us to just win? yes and yes. but we lost to a better team, but we found back. we just weren't good enough and I can live with that.

. but this year, we were better than GB. now if it was a close game and GB played out of their minds, then ok, they just had a great game (ala when we lost to Giants as the #1 seed with Romo and giants went on to win the superbowl). but what bothered me was that we looked uninterested. not ready. took it for granted. acted like a bunch of spoiled kids. the game plan sucked. the offensive and defensive. the offense sucked. dak sucked. CD sitting on the sideline pouting, so the head coach....the dang HEAD COACH in the middle of the GAME had to go and talk to him. freaking GROW UP. the defense was just inept. the most talkative person on the team Micah had two solo tackle. was a non-factor. seemed uninterested. we lost to a team we should have dominated not because they were physically or skill wise better. we just weren't prepared. and that is what irked me the most. the easiest thing you can do is prepare. that's in your control and we weren't prepared.

so I am just not into cowboys, lost my passion.

I think this team is ready to implode and it probably will happen. its the atmosphere the owner/GM has created. this is all his doing.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know how you feel. I've had to confront that I'm now an admitted Cowboys grouch. I actually hate my favorite team. This is because I know how the franchise is run, and that it is therefor futile to ever get my hopes up because the team is held hostage by a demon from hell sent here to torment us all. The Sunk-Cost Fallacy is all that keeps me going at this rate.

Plus, I can't just simply put my heart into a new team. It just isn't how I'm built. So...

66UeoJ.gif
Best and most appropriate meme ever. Salud!

:bow:

CWR

Reaction score
Make no mistake, they murdered part of my fanhood against GB. That guy is dead, and he won't be resurrected without serious changes/improvements.

I dont like it, but I'd feel brainless buying into this teams nonsense again.

Don't get it twisted. I'll always love the team and hope will come in many different forms. Unfortunately believing in them will take a lot more than I've seen this FO capable of.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
:facepalm:What about 5-6 years before #4. The results were no different........ oddly, you guys know we have had postseason issues for the past 20+ years but let's blame Dak. I'm not sure why fans can't see this issue is now way bigger than Dak.......or any other previous QB not named Aikman.
Romo either had a terrible Oline or a terrible defense, never had a complete team. Dak has had a complete team for the past 3-4 years to work with and has crapped the bed in every playoff game besides one beating a run down Tampa team.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Samesies. We normally go to the draft party at Dysfunction Junction, and I flat out refuse to go this year, and I really don't care who they draft. I tried to sell my PSL's, and the offer was accepted, but the A-hole never submitted payment. That made me have to pay for the tickets for another season, and now I'm just pissed. I have ZERO interest in attending any games. I pray I can sell them before the season starts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
we lost to a team we should have dominated not because they were physically or skill wise better. we just weren't prepared. and that is what irked me the most. the easiest thing you can do is prepare. that's in your control and we weren't prepared.
I think this team is ready to implode and it probably will happen. its the atmosphere the owner/GM has created. this is all his doing.
This^^^^^^^ yet we have fans still saying Dak is the problem. He is PART of the problem, but this thing is way bigger than Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I blame the owner for 25 years but these last 3 we've had a team thanks to Will McClay and the blame for recent failure is on #4
Huh??
Taco, # 55, Mazi, Bossman, and let's not forget the TE last draft as they allowed the Bills to move up 1 spot and take Kincaid.
Man, the only thing that Will does is get fatter and say YES JERRY!!!!
P.S. Micah fell into their laps one might say.............

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes....we all know all the other issues.
But ...when your super star big money alleged leader singlehandedly gives the other team 14 free points in the first half...that is just a huge problem.
Glaring.

Yes...hes a target...most of which he brought on himself.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet those "idiots" will always beat you in debate because of one little issue you will never be able to counter. So you can live your Romo fantasy, and call others idiots for stating the undeniable truth about Romo. Facts don't care about your Romo fantasy.
Facts? The facts...good sir....say hes not some huge choker.

Okay...so he and his team...didnt win. So?

Lets get bacm to op shall we?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
..when your super star big money alleged leader singlehandedly gives the other team 14 free points in the first half...that is just a huge problem.
Glaring.
Steve.....you are talking about one game. I'm talking 20+ years we are STILL waiting for better postseason results.