Something that I don't like already

50cent

Reaction score
Through 3 per-season games there aren't many passes going TNews way and teams are still throwing toward Henry. We all know that the pro-bowl is a stats competition and if they won't throw his way, he'll get snubbed again for the likes of Vasher. Its really a catch -22 for Tnew, but I don't like it already.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
i know what you are saying, but i love it..

it'll be OK this year.. i think with all the attention the Cowboys will be getting and with our defense probably one of the best in the league, Newman will finally get recognition as a true shut down corner..

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be just awful if Henry gets like 10 INTs and goes to the Pro-Bowl while Newman is avoided all year and isn't selected? :rolleyes:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
50cent said:
Through 3 per-season games there aren't many passes going TNews way and teams are still throwing toward Henry. We all know that the pro-bowl is a stats competition and if they won't throw his way, he'll get snubbed again for the likes of Vasher. Its really a catch -22 for Tnew, but I don't like it already.

While I agree with you, the media DOES know about him now since Bill made a point of it in a PC earlier this year. It garnered a bit of media attention so I think he will get more cred this year...

superpunk

Reaction score
trickblue said:
While I agree with you, the media DOES know about him now since Bill made a point of it in a PC earlier this year. It garnered a bit of media attention so I think he will get more cred this year...

Now that guys like Dr. Z, and a few of the other stat guru's picked up on it, along with Parcells "revelation" to the media:laugh2:, it will get more run, you're right.

I could see that happening as early as week 2, if we give him significant time on Santana, and he shuts him down. If not, look for the Panthers game to showcase Newman's talents again.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Vasher is awesome. He had to deal with that piece of crap Charles Tillman playing opposite of him and still came up with huge turnovers.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I don't think it matters that much whether fans nationwide know about him. Obviously opposing coaches and players do so he must be pretty highly regarded. The lack of probowls certainly won't hurt him when he signs his next contract (hopefully an extension to keep him here as long as possible).

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
If anything, the lack of Pro Bowls would strengthen the Cowboys bargaining position, so its not all bad he doesnt win the popularity contests.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think I have been hearing more recognition of Newman's skills from the media this year than ever before. If we have a top notch defense, we will have a few players form our team going to the ProBowl including Newman..

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
50cent said:

If T-New doesn't make it into the Pro Bowl for the reasons you describe above, then it is his own fault. How so you say?

Well, T-New's personality is not the same as one former Cowboy showman named Deion Sanders. Opposing quarterbacks rarely threw in Deion's direction, partly because they got burned when they did (in the past), and because Deion strutted around like a turkey, acting like he WOULD intercept everything thrown his way.

Deion created the element of fear, but mainly through his strutting and his mouth. T-New is a bit more quiet and subdued. T-New should merely take a page from Deion's book and act like Deion. Deion made the pro bowl year after year because opposing QBs feared him, when all they really should have feared was his mouth.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
dmq said:
I think I have been hearing more recognition of Newman's skills from the media this year than ever before. If we have a top notch defense, we will have a few players form our team going to the ProBowl including Newman..

Good point. If our pass defense is smothering this year then people will look to our number one cb as the main reason and he'll get props because of it.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Dallas will have the lead in a good number of games this year so teams will be forced to trhow against us. TNew will get his share of throws his ways to prove he belongs in Hawaii.

Reaction score
Pro Bowls are over-rated.

As a fan . . . I don't really care about them.

All they serve to do is make it harder to resign a player, and put them at further risk of suffering an injury.

Other than that . . . the only other purpose of them is to provide bragging rights against Skins fans when Witten and Roy make the Pro Bowl while Cooley and Taylor doesn't.

:)

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Well, T-New's personality is not the same as one former Cowboy showman named Deion Sanders. Opposing quarterbacks rarely threw in Deion's direction, partly because they got burned when they did (in the past), and because Deion strutted around like a turkey, acting like he WOULD intercept everything thrown his way.

Deion created the element of fear, but mainly through his strutting and his mouth. T-New is a bit more quiet and subdued. T-New should merely take a page from Deion's book and act like Deion. Deion made the pro bowl year after year because opposing QBs feared him, when all they really should have feared was his mouth.
Please God no... I'll take a lunch-pail, go to work, shut down corner who doesn't go to the Pro Bowl over a showboat, look at me, no tackling Pro Bowler.

We all know, and the NFL knows, what we have in TNew, I could care less if he gets national recognition. Let them Commander fans think that Shawn Springs is better.

Connection20

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Vasher is awesome. He had to deal with that piece of crap Charles Tillman playing opposite of him and still came up with huge turnovers.

come on bro, I know Charles Tillman personally. He may not be the greatest cover corner on earth but the guy isnt a piece of crap. Hes actually one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Just cause someone isnt the best football player doesnt make them a piece of crap. If that were true then would venture to say everyone on this board is a "piece of crap".

dallasfan

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:

two words: Cover two.