Something that I don't like already

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
50cent said:
Through 3 per-season games there aren't many passes going TNews way and teams are still throwing toward Henry. We all know that the pro-bowl is a stats competition and if they won't throw his way, he'll get snubbed again for the likes of Vasher. Its really a catch -22 for Tnew, but I don't like it already.

Well, I would rather have teams not throw his way and win games then having teams throw his way and he get interceptions and makes the probowl but we lose more games...

Individual stats like the probowl don't wean squat...it's the SuperBowl the Boyz are after...not some Emmy Award.

:star:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Connection20 said:
come on bro, I know Charles Tillman personally. He may not be the greatest cover corner on earth but the guy isnt a piece of crap. Hes actually one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Just cause someone isnt the best football player doesnt make them a piece of crap. If that were true then would venture to say everyone on this board is a "piece of crap".

Statisitically he was one of the most picked on corners in football last year. I dont care how nice he is, this is a football board, not a salute the nice people in the league board. He sucks, and his job with the Bears wont last for much longer.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Connection20 said:
come on bro, I know Charles Tillman personally. He may not be the greatest cover corner on earth but the guy isnt a piece of crap. Hes actually one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Just cause someone isnt the best football player doesnt make them a piece of crap. If that were true then would venture to say everyone on this board is a "piece of crap".

Well said...stupid post by the OP. Besides Tillman is a solid player.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
Well said...stupid post by the OP. Besides Tillman is a solid player.
If being a solid player is what Charles Tillman is, Terrence Newman is the best cornerback in the history of the universe. Dont let the Madden ratings fool you, Tillman gets abused and game planned for by opposing offenses. 40% of the opposing teams passes were thrown his way. Watch the playoff game against Steve Smith? There is always some tool that takes exception to when a bad football player is called what he is and insits on how nice he is like it actually means something.

Connection20

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
If being a solid player is what Charles Tillman is, Terrence Newman is the best cornerback in the history of the universe. Dont let the Madden ratings fool you, Tillman gets abused and game planned for by opposing offenses. 40% of the opposing teams passes were thrown his way. Watch the playoff game against Steve Smith? There is always some tool that takes exception to when a bad football player is called what he is and insits on how nice he is like it actually means something.

Dude, just cause hes not a good football player doesnt make the guy a piece of crap. People who beat thier children are pieces of crap. People who dont pay thier child support are pieces of crap. People who mug other people at ATMs are pieces of crap. People who have trouble covering one of the top four recievers in the NFL are corners who got picked on, nothing more. So the guys not a top flight corner. So what, hes not a "piece of crap"

And your calling me a tool? Your the ***** moron who corralates bad football play with being a bad person or "piece of crap"

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ok probowl would be nice but they don't throw to his side cause he has the reciever locked down! screw a probowl il take a superbowl please

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
All TNew has to do is take 1 INT back to the house (or hizzy) and get some ESPN press time and he is in. He had a golden opportunity against the Broncos during the Thanksgiving game last year but dropped the INT. He would have gone to the PB if he did because everybody and their mama was watching that game. Bailey, who didn't have the type of season as a shut down corner that TNew had last season, went because he took Bledsoes INT back to the hizzy on primetime TV.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Connection20 said:
Yeah, and he's also a good friend of TG's..so that elevates him in my book as well.

SixShooter

Reaction score
If offenses start trying to pick on Henry in order to go way from Newman then he will start piling up INTs. They are going learn they to have to start looking T-new's way some too. Terrance will get his opportunities out of necessity of the other team's offense to function because they are going to be caught between a rock and a hard place in the passing game. If these two stay healthy, I expect them both to have 5 or more INTs each this year.

~SS~

rgcowboys

Reaction score
If they dont throw at him and the Cowboys make the playoffs, he will be a probowler.

TSquare

Reaction score
50cent said:
Through 3 per-season games there aren't many passes going TNews way and teams are still throwing toward Henry. We all know that the pro-bowl is a stats competition and if they won't throw his way, he'll get snubbed again for the likes of Vasher. Its really a catch -22 for Tnew, but I don't like it already.

Ummm... ummm... whatever. This is the first time a lock-down corner had been avoided by opposing offenses? And what are you worried about the pro-bowl for anyway? Wow. Priorities?

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Connection20 said:

wow..wow..wow

im pretty good

tunahelper

Reaction score
Our overall TEAM play will be a large factor in Tnew heading to pro bowl.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
i know what you are saying, but i love it..

it'll be OK this year.. i think with all the attention the Cowboys will be getting and with our defense probably one of the best in the league, Newman will finally get recognition as a true shut down corner..

True... TNew will get his this year, no doubt

:starspin

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Terence Newman will get his due..everyone that plays exceptional will eventually get the Pro Bowl nod.

- Mike G.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
One problem why Newman is not getting many opportunities is because of him playing the slot position on a ton of 3rd downs.

If they would leave him on the corner, they would be forced to look his way more often. But I can understand Parcells wanting to take out that slot threat.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
If T-New doesn't make it into the Pro Bowl for the reasons you describe above, then it is his own fault. How so you say?

Well, T-New's personality is not the same as one former Cowboy showman named Deion Sanders. Opposing quarterbacks rarely threw in Deion's direction, partly because they got burned when they did (in the past), and because Deion strutted around like a turkey, acting like he WOULD intercept everything thrown his way.

Deion created the element of fear, but mainly through his strutting and his mouth. T-New is a bit more quiet and subdued. T-New should merely take a page from Deion's book and act like Deion. Deion made the pro bowl year after year because opposing QBs feared him, when all they really should have feared was his mouth.

QBs aren't testing T-new because they understand what the result is likely to be. they are testing henry to see if he's recovered and are finding out he has. and they haven't even started blitzing roy yet.

if the health of the CBs hold up - QBs aren't gonna be very comfortable throwing into the teeth of this secondary. i can see dallas being one of those rare teams that routinely score on defense. lotsa sacks, lotsa picks, lotsa turnovers... period.

superpunk

Reaction score
Clove said:
One problem why Newman is not getting many opportunities is because of him playing the slot position on a ton of 3rd downs.

If they would leave him on the corner, they would be forced to look his way more often. But I can understand Parcells wanting to take out that slot threat.

Newman neutralizes their easiest completion. Alot of teams pull their #1 corner in to play the slot. I understand what you're saying tho.