Something to Prove: Cowboys RG Zack Martin edition

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He held out of training camp for more money last summer then ends up having the worst season of his career. Hate to dump on Zack, but the players on this team just seem to care about money. Once they get it, it’s downhill from there. It really bothers me when you see a player get paid more money and they end up having a bad year.
No one can beat Father Time and he is no exception, he is surely declining, but still pretty sound ( assignment wise and what is expected of him ) , I think we have capable back ups who can probably step in later in the games and relieve him . It’s a shame that the Jones boys couldn’t get a chance for our best players a Super Bowl ring.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Broncos guard Quinn Meinerz just signed an extension for 4 years, $80M, and $45M guaranteed.

If you're asking yourself "who is Quinn Meinerz," you're not alone. The guard market just exploded this offseason, to the point where it's hard to consider Martin overpaid.
I remember this dude being the hit of Senior Bowl week a few years back. Guy was from a small school, and posted his workouts on Youtube. Was stuff like carrying trees and just basically any heavy outdoor item that could be carried. At the time it appeared his trajectory was going to kick into high gear. I guess it did.

I lost track of him after he was drafted, but like most I'm probably not following guard/center types that aren't part of your team's roster. Good for him.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There’s a lot of players in the league that play for a second contract and once they get it, their performance drops off. You see players having career years during contract years. CeeDee’s numbers are likely to drop once he’s extended because he had a career year. It’s going to be tough to duplicate what he did last season.
Agreed