Something to think about regarding our 1st round pick

CWR

Reaction score
He’s also 21 and already a powerful, strong player who will get stronger in the nfl
I don’t know if he can be a LT but he could be a monster at guard once he learns it. I do question his ability to be a day one starter like we need

Yup, at this point I hope we concentrate only on Guard. Even if we run short a tackle he's got no business at the position this year. The other thing is, if Tyron goes down I'll be concerned for the kid. He needs that big security blanket next to him. He's gonna have to learn on the Jon, trial by fire. Let's make it a controlled burn though.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
So is he really going to get that coaching here to clean up his penalties when we were one of the most penalized teams in the league last year?

CW penalties are a bit different , he got beat and had to hold to save the QB . (Or his power and technique didnt prevent from the DTs to go at QB and as a last resort he had to hold to stop them )

This kid has raw power but need technique, hopefully our OL coach can teach and he can use the mentorship of Zack, Tyron to pick it up ( Very young one , so possible)

But I am worried , will he be able to-pick the zone running schemes and who to block in a short time ? That may take time.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This is my biggest problem with the Cowboys entire offseason approach.

OG is a fairly low-value and slow developing position. It's one that discourages draft picks, and encourages signing vet free agents.

Like look at Connor Williams. We took him in the 2nd, and he definitely took his lumps for his first 2 years, but by his last 2 he became a pretty decent player. C-Will graded out as a top quarter guard in the league last year, holding penalties and all. We let him walk, he signed with Miami for a cheap 2 year/$15M deal, and we just drafted a 21 yo out of Tulsa to go right back up the learning curve again. How about we just pay the cheap vet and move on? This is just crappy roster construction.