Sort of Light hearted thread..Demarco Murray on pace for 1,000 yard season.

OhSnap

Reaction score
That's just sad and pathetic with how easy getting to a 1,000 yards is these days. Even Alfred Morris in that pitiful offense is already over 1,000 and may get to 1,500 after he plays Dallas.

If it was easy there would be more than ONE back averaging 100 yards a game. Theres only 6 backs with a 1000 yards right now and MAYBE 6 more will get there by the end of the year if they have good games from here on out. Don't try to downplay what has been a good year for Murray because you don't wanna hear anything good about the Cowboys.

50cent

Reaction score
Troy Hambrick did it.

Murray is a much better back, of course.

The problem I have with Murray running out of bounds is not about the 3 yards. Its the overall approach to the game and setting the tone. He could go out of bounds, and the defense feels comfortable just forcing him to the sideline. Or, he could smash a safety or corner, pick up a couple more, and make them not want to tackle him the rest of the game. Running OB just makes the whole team look like a bunch of wimps.

And I hate the injury argument. Nobody even touched him this year when he got hurt, and your not as likely to get hurt when you deliver a blow.

I agree with most. You want a tough hard nose runner, but the league has taken that away from him. Many alluded to Murray when the NFL implemented that RBs couldn;t lower their heads anymore. Murray was very physical until this year and Rolle (NYG) mentioned it. I would love for him to be physical too, I just don't think with the rules he can be like he has been in the past. The other side of it, is that when he did look to punish defenders, some said he ran to darkness. Point is, I'll take DM and his versatility when healthy. He brings too much to the table to be underused this much.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
He will get hurt before then.

I doubt it..he's @ 977.
And Murray is still physical..and I see no point in him ramming people when its pointless..each time i've seen him run out of bounds he's had someone on the side of him, in front of him, and behind him.
That would result in more than likely..a strip..or an injury.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
He is not special. He is one of probably 20 good running backs in the NFL. We could replace him in the draft and not suffer one setback in our running game other than the fact that Garrett will be overseeing it another year. I like Murray but he is not better than Bernard, Bell, Ball, Ellington or Lacy all drafted last year. They come out every year. I like him until he costs more than the average running back. Or, we could hire Shanny from Washington and start one of us zoners at RB and get 1000 yards.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Does Murray get a big bonus if he hits 1000yds? Maybe Jerry called down to Callahan to make sure he didn't have to shell out for it

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is not special. He is one of probably 20 good running backs in the NFL. We could replace him in the draft.......I like Murray but he is not better than Bernard, Bell, Ball, Ellington or Lacy all drafted last year.
We better not be spending that high of a draft pick on another RB.