Sorta OT: Women just don't read the news...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
For Halloween I went as a Minnesota Vikings sex scandal player. Had the Jersey with a Vikings Helmet with a sea captain's hat crazy glued to the top of the helmet. I also had a plastic blow up doll and a sign that read "FEMALE ENTERTAINMENT NEEDED."

Anyway, my drunk friends did a poll as we quickly noticed that almost no girls at the party understood my costume.

The one sober friend emailed me and said that out of 73 girls at the party, only 4 of them knew what my costume was.

The most common answer was "I don't follow sports."

My reply is that it's a sex story, not a sports story.

Anyway, I wound up winning a $500 second prize gift. A group of guys that dressed up as Dog the Bounty Hunter won first.

Rich........

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
For Halloween I went as a Minnesota Vikings sex scandal player. Had the Jersey with a Vikings Helmet with a sea captain's hat crazy glued to the top of the helmet. I also had a plastic blow up doll and a sign that read "FEMALE ENTERTAINMENT NEEDED."

Anyway, my drunk friends did a poll as we quickly noticed that almost no girls at the party understood my costume.

The one sober friend emailed me and said that out of 73 girls at the party, only 4 of them knew what my costume was.

The most common answer was "I don't follow sports."

My reply is that it's a sex story, not a sports story.

Anyway, I wound up winning a $500 second prize gift. A group of guys that dressed up as Dog the Bounty Hunter won first.

Rich........

You probably would have had the same success rate or knowledge rate, if they were asked who the Secretary of State was :)

I am constantly on my wife about not reading up the news, but acting as if I am CNN headline news, whenever she has questions about any days news :D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Here's a good rule -- if your costume requires an explanation then you have a bad costume.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Here's a good rule -- if your costume requires an explanation then you have a bad costume.

Good point.

Although I really didn't think it needed an explanation before I put it together.

It would've been a hit if I lived up in Minneapolis.

Rich.......

TheHustler

Reaction score
It was "news", but sports news. A bunch of guys having sex on yachts isn't exactly on the front page of the New York Times.