Sounds From The Sideline - Cowboys vs. Giants

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
:lmao: :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Here's your award for the ignorant comment I've seen posted on the internet today.

gold-medal-first-place-award-ribbon-196339888.jpg
Thanks. Coming from someone who it seems should know an ignorant comment when he sees one, I'll take it as a compliment.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Didn't he say that himself? Said he only likes to hit people. Or did someone else say that?
"We get after it," Smith said. "I don't do no talking. We get straight after it. I'm trying to hit you."

Actually, Smith joked that he's rather impartial to football in general. He just loves to lay a hard hit on another person.

"I don't even like football, man," Smith said. "I like hitting people."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ting-people-admits-i-dont-even-like-football/

gimmesix

Reaction score
Im not sure it's a rule a fan has to love every single player.

I know i have my favorites....so there is a spectrum. Maybe others have a wider one than me?
I think there are times to be critical. I just thought this was a poor time to be critical, after a win and after Mazi played well. Fans pick their targets and seem to nitpick them.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Mazi had one of the best performances on the defense and Lawson one of the worst.

Lol One good game against a terrible team. He did say he doesn't like football, just hitting people, right? He picked on a bad team so let's see how he does this Sunday night before we say he's turned the corner.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Thanks. Coming from someone who it seems should know an ignorant comment when he sees one, I'll take it as a compliment.
It's IS ignorant to say that. I've been called a homer here and I don't dispute that. You wear the star on your helmet and I'll back you 100 percent!

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lol One good game against a terrible team. He did say he doesn't like football, just hitting people, right? He picked on a bad team so let's see how he does this Sunday night before we say he's turned the corner.
I'm sorry, but your comment was not a back-you-100-percent comment.

Here's a nice read on Mazi from dallascowboys.com after the New York games. Yes, it's from Mickey Spagnola, so it's homerific, but I found it enjoyable. Nice to see Mazi gaining some confidence.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-the-maz-busting-out-of-his-shell

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but your comment was not a back-you-100-percent comment.

Here's a nice read on Mazi from dallascowboys.com after the New York games. Yes, it's from Mickey Spagnola, so it's homerific, but I found it enjoyable. Nice to see Mazi gaining some confidence.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-the-maz-busting-out-of-his-shell
Hunter Luepke also had a nice write-up in the column, and I wouldn't mind seeing him more in a one-back set. Zeke's not getting it done and we don't seem to want to call up Cook, so let's give Luepke more touches. Maybe he could at least perform like Peyton Hillis at his peak.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'll never go to another Giants game, 2 million fans trying to get back to their cars in a tunnel was crazy to me!! Lol, then trying to get out of the parking garage which took over an hour with 2 complaining boys, uhhhhh!!! The American Dream mall was probably the best part of the trip!!!!!
Bro, I live about 20 minutes from the stadium and you'd have to pay me to attend a game.