Twitter: Sounds like Awuzie may get a look at S?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Anthony Brown actually played some FS in college. Chido was a slot CB. Jourdan was a outside CB. All this being said none of these guys should be playing Safety.

DAL needs a SS and moving a CB doesn't fix that. Jerry, Will, Stephen and Big Mike need to go sign a veteran SS for this season and their some guys still on the market.

I really don't get how a lot of fans still seem to think we need a FS. We need a safety who can come up and play the run, work the short zone. Dix is an FS. He has played SS before but it's definitely not his best position. Woods is an FS. He'll hit you but he doesn't really have the size to play SS. Wilson might be our best hope at SS, but he needs to put on some pounds for the position.

Not that size is everything for the position, but the corners we drafted today, Robinson, outweighs Woods and Wilson. That's not a good sign for the SS position.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What about Dix? Where will Dix play? FS

I think it's going to depend on whether Woods or Wilson can handle the strong safety duties. Dix is a much better free safety than strong safety because stopping the run is not his forte.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I think it's going to depend on whether Woods or Wilson can handle the strong safety duties. Dix is a much better free safety than strong safety because stopping the run is not his forte.

Awuzie is the best candidate for SS until he gets hurt...

gimmesix

Reaction score
Awuzie is the best candidate for SS until he gets hurt...

I'm not sure there is a best candidate for SS on this team. I did see Robinson in the highlight clips come up and deliver a pop a couple of times, but that doesn't mean he can be a run-stopping force.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is a best candidate for SS on this team. I did see Robinson in the highlight clips come up and deliver a pop a couple of times, but that doesn't mean he can be a run-stopping force.

Awuzie knocked Beastmode out of bounds with a punishing hit his rookie year...

gimmesix

Reaction score
Awuzie knocked Beastmode out of bounds with a punishing hit his rookie year...

Most corners can occasionally deliver a big hit. Strong safeties have to recognize the run, come up to stop it while maintaining good positioning (breaking down well to keep the running back from being able to cut away from them) and use sure-handed tackling.

Heath was a free safety playing strong safety and it showed when he would fill wrong or miss a tackle because he wanted to blow up the play. These safeties we have are all smaller than Heath and are going to be hard-pressed to be any better against the run than he was. Maybe Woods or Wilson can step up and do it, but until I see it, I'm concerned about the position.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Clearly MM thinks awuzie is gone next year if he stuck at CB

betting on him salvaging his Dallas career at S (interesting reverse switch of Byron moving from S to CB)
you might be on to something

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah, lets put the dude who got benched last year for "making business decisions" at safety.:facepalm:

In case anybody forgot during their quarantine, Awuzie doesn't like to tackle so moving him to safety would be the last thing you would want to do.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I really don't get how a lot of fans still seem to think we need a FS. We need a safety who can come up and play the run, work the short zone. Dix is an FS. He has played SS before but it's definitely not his best position. Woods is an FS. He'll hit you but he doesn't really have the size to play SS. Wilson might be our best hope at SS, but he needs to put on some pounds for the position.

Not that size is everything for the position, but the corners we drafted today, Robinson, outweighs Woods and Wilson.
That's not a good sign for the SS position.

Exactly why I think it's Robinson as SS.........but it's not just his size. He loves physicality......tons of college tackles.