News: Sources: Browns plan to hire Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski as head coach

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pederson played QB in the NFL. He coached in Philly. It's different.
Not my point. You said he needs to go somewhere and call plays first. Pederson never called plays until he got to Philadelphia. In fact Bienemy was a play caller at Colorado. Bienemy doesnt need to get another OC job as a playcaller to be a HC candidate.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
a little surprising that McDaniels didn't get that job...looks like what he did to the Colts is coming back to haunt him, if you can't land the Browns job
The only job McDaniels can get is New England. After what he did to the Colts, the other owners won't hire this cat.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't interview well. I think that is what hurts some guys. We can't see it on the outside, but I am sure some of these guys are more dynamic in their presentations when they get an interview. Those guys may not always be the best coaches, but they impress those hiring.
No doubt.

Just wish he would've at least gotten more interviews.
Who knows, maybe he's not good HC material.
Andy Reed seems very convinced he’d be very good or great.

Again, this is not some big complaint. Just something I kind of wish for

817Gill

Reaction score
Remember a month ago when thread after thread of debates here were all about Urban Meyer?

Nobody has interviewed him yet.
I think that is his choice lol if you think Urban can’t get an interview if he wanted you are sorely mistaken sir

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...an-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are planning to hire Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski as their head coach, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Stefanski, 37, will replace Freddie Kitchens, whom the Browns fired on Dec. 29 after only one season and a 6-10 record. Stefanski was a finalist for the Cleveland job last year, as well, before the team promoted Kitchens from interim offensive coordinator instead.
The Vikings fell 27-10 to the San Francisco 49ers in the divisional playoffs on Saturday, clearing the way for Cleveland to officially move forward with Stefanski.

The Browns met with eight candidates, including 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh. They also interviewed Mike McCarthy, whom the Dallas Cowboys later hired to be their head coach, Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz and New England Patriots offensive Josh McDaniels.

He was the only one that said yes...

cern

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...an-hire-vikings-oc-kevin-stefanski-head-coach

BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are planning to hire Vikings offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski as their head coach, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Stefanski, 37, will replace Freddie Kitchens, whom the Browns fired on Dec. 29 after only one season and a 6-10 record. Stefanski was a finalist for the Cleveland job last year, as well, before the team promoted Kitchens from interim offensive coordinator instead.
The Vikings fell 27-10 to the San Francisco 49ers in the divisional playoffs on Saturday, clearing the way for Cleveland to officially move forward with Stefanski.

The Browns met with eight candidates, including 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh. They also interviewed Mike McCarthy, whom the Dallas Cowboys later hired to be their head coach, Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz and New England Patriots offensive Josh McDaniels.
I'm guessing the aforementioned turned down the browns.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Cleveland needs an established NFL head coach who can secure a solid staff and the respect of players even more than we did.

erod

Reaction score
I think that is his choice lol if you think Urban can’t get an interview if he wanted you are sorely mistaken sir
College teams, sure. NFL teams aren't interested.

You can't illegally recruit in the pros.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't interview well. I think that is what hurts some guys. We can't see it on the outside, but I am sure some of these guys are more dynamic in their presentations when they get an interview. Those guys may not always be the best coaches, but they impress those hiring.

That’s how we got Garrett as they say “ all show and no go”.

John813

Reaction score
Well, according to a report from 92.3 The Fan afternoon drive co-host Dustin Fox, that structure includes heavy involvement in game plans from owner Jimmy Haslam and the analytics team, headed up by DePodesta.

“Was also told candidates also had to agree to turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department on Friday and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan,” Fox tweeted out Sunday night.
https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports...tment/95-5837e1ab-7aeb-439d-98fc-20210728eff8

If true, I wonder how many turned down the Browns and not the other way around...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Well, according to a report from 92.3 The Fan afternoon drive co-host Dustin Fox, that structure includes heavy involvement in game plans from owner Jimmy Haslam and the analytics team, headed up by DePodesta.

“Was also told candidates also had to agree to turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department on Friday and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan,” Fox tweeted out Sunday night.
https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports...tment/95-5837e1ab-7aeb-439d-98fc-20210728eff8

If true, I wonder how many turned down the Browns and not the other way around...

Hahaha wow!!