News: Sources: Committee to talk Roger Goodell contract; last commish proposal included $49.5M salary, pri

morasp

Reaction score
The NFL's Compensation Committee will hold a conference call Monday to discuss and further push ahead the proposed extension for commissioner Roger Goodell, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The conference call, first reported Saturday by The New York Times, comes after Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones voiced his displeasure about the contract extension that the committee has been discussing. The call also gives the committee a chance to do what it believes is right.

The committee will address Goodell's salary and compensation package. The last written counterproposal from Goodell, which was around the first of August, was seeking about $49.5 million per year, as well as the lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime health insurance for his family, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...proposed-extension-commissioner-roger-goodell

MarkP88

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Goodell (or any Commissioner) deserves more money than any player. I mean, way more money. Who in their right mind thinks the Commissioner is more integral to the popularity and growth of the game than the game's biggest stars?

links18

Reaction score
You will all continue to watch. What else are going to do--read a book or garden?

Swanny

Reaction score
The NFL's Compensation Committee will hold a conference call Monday to discuss and further push ahead the proposed extension for commissioner Roger Goodell, sources confirmed to ESPN.

The conference call, first reported Saturday by The New York Times, comes after Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones voiced his displeasure about the contract extension that the committee has been discussing. The call also gives the committee a chance to do what it believes is right.

The committee will address Goodell's salary and compensation package. The last written counterproposal from Goodell, which was around the first of August, was seeking about $49.5 million per year, as well as the lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime health insurance for his family, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...proposed-extension-commissioner-roger-goodell
I want Goodell gone and I would hire him to fold my laundry for Free. I truly hate that loser. But with the amount of money the NFL makes every year I feel like offer 50 million a year for the commish is about right. That's like 1% of the income the NFL makes every year. (Yes I made that stat up). Can't blame the guy for trying to get as much as possible. But I just hope the owners flip him off and say goodbye. Give thst 50 million to a commish who can do a much better job.

csirl

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Goodell (or any Commissioner) deserves more money than any player. I mean, way more money. Who in their right mind thinks the Commissioner is more integral to the popularity and growth of the game than the game's biggest stars?

Ask Bernie Ecclestone the ex-Formula 1 boss. He earned many muliples of even the most successful teams/drivers. Used to say that if it wasnt for him getting the best commercial deals, nobody would be paid as much as today.....he made them all into multi millionaires. I suppose Roger could use the same logic?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
After everything that is going wrong in the NFL, including declining ratings if they not only extend him but give him a ridiculous increase, I feel zero sympathy for the owners when it gets even worse for them.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

It's the nature of corporate culture since the 1980s.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
After everything that is going wrong in the NFL, including declining ratings if they not only extend him but give him a ridiculous increase, I feel zero sympathy for the owners when it gets even worse for them.
Welcome to corporate America. The company I work for got fined 150 million dollars and The CEO and Executives gave themselves huge raises and bonuses. It’s the sucky part of capitalism, those on top write the rules for themselves.

CWR

Reaction score
You will all continue to watch. What else are going to do--read a book or garden?

Lol, that's fair but Ill admit I pretty much only watch Cowboy games now. Although my excitement for football is also diminished by our crap team.

mugsybows

Reaction score
id love for there to be a hold out at some point so the owners can see the NFL would operate just fine/probably better without a commissioner.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Cowboys, in DFW, got an 18 share last week on Thanksgiving.

Less that 1 out of 5 houses had the game on in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Yep.

I'll bet less than 1 in 5 houses in DFW have members on this site, too.

People who spend time here watch, even when they get mad and claim otherwise.