Sources say the Eagles will sign Jeff Garcia on Monday.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Sources say the Eagles will sign Jeff Garcia on Monday.

They also say the Eagles will release Mike McMahon and Koy Detmer. Garcia does have a history with Eagles' OC Marty Mornhinweg, dating from their days in San Francisco, so the signing makes sense. The NFL must have completely taken their eyes off teams with all this tampering going on.

Mar. 4 - 5:57 pm et
Source: phillyBurbs.com

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Wait, that means that for 2 days hima and TO will be teammates again.....

Hopefully he can get 2 or 3 good gay jokes in that time....

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I love that clip of Roy slamming Garcia face-first into the turf.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
Sources, what sources. Where is the link to the story?

Good question ...believe WG was clear!
9) Posting false or ridiculous unverifiable rumors is not allowed. All rumors must contain a link to at least one credible news source such as ESPN, SportsLine, FoxSports, etc. Violating this guideline can result in your post being deleted and/or your account being suspended or banned.

Using information posted on another message board that does not contain a verifiable source is not considered credible... :cool:

:rolleyes:

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Read and weep.......

3. Report: Eagles to sign Garcia
REUBEN FRANK The Eagles plan to sign free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia and release backup quarterbacks Koy Detmer and Mike McMahon, Comcast SportsNet reported last night quoting team sources. Garcia, who played for new Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg during his record-setting 2000 season with the 49ers, will be joining his fourth team in four years. He spent his first five NFL seasons with the 49ers before single years with the Browns and Lions. Garcia owns the 13th-highest pass ......
(Published: 03/04/2006)

http://search.phillyburbs.com/?query=eagles&Submit2.x=9&Submit2.y=7

why do you go to the site and look?????

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
9) Posting false or ridiculous unverifiable rumors is not allowed. All rumors must contain a link to at least one credible news source such as ESPN, SportsLine, FoxSports, etc. Violating this guideline can result in your post being deleted and/or your account being suspended or banned.

Using information posted on another message board that does not contain a verifiable source is not considered credible...

Any other comments?

Phoenix-Talon?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I actually think that's a good signing. Philly's offense is perfect for Garcia. He's better than the other guys they've had at backup. Looks like Philly doesn't want to get caught with its pants down if McNabb gets hurt again.

Watch out for Philly fellas! They're rumored to be making major moves to boost their running game. (LeCharles Bentley, one of the FA running backs) And now they're making sure QB is okay if McNabb gets hurt again. I liked 'em better when they were the cheapskates of the NFL.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Eagles Eyeing Big-Name Free Agents

Regardless of the current NFL labor situation, Monday could be a big day for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Unless the NFL again delays its free agency period, multiple media outlets are reporting the Birds will strike quickly and sign several players, including a few big names, when the free agency period begins Monday.

Who they may sign could change over the weekend.

If NFL owners and players agree on a contract extension, each team will have $105 million in salary to use in 2006. Teams would have $10 million less to spend if that deal isn't stuck.

Either way, the Birds are among a handful of teams in a position to sign two high-priced free agents and several other veterans who may come at a cheaper price.

Here are the prospective players possibly on the Eagles' radar screen.

1. LeCharles Bentley, Center-Guard, New Orleans Saints

Bentley could be the highest-priced free agent on the market. He is at his career peak and an all-pro at two positions: center and guard.

The Philadelphia Inquirer has already reported the Eagles will sign Bentley.

However, Bentley has publicly said he'll play for the highest offer. So if a labor deal is signed, Bentley could play elsewhere if some team decides to overspend.

2. Eric Moulds, Wide Receiver, Buffalo Bills

The Bills will cut Moulds instead of paying him a $10 million roster bonus. The all-pro spent 10 years in Buffalo and is ready to move on. The downside: He may want too much money and has never played in the West Coast offense. But he would be a solid replacement for Terrell Owens.

3. Rocky Bernard, Defensive Tackle, Seattle Seahawks

An unrestricted free agent, the run-stopping Bernard would be a great fit on the Eagles. But he is expected to have multiple offers.

4. Antwaan Randle El, Wide Receiver, Pittsburgh Steelers

Randle El has long rumored to be on the Eagles' radar screen, but he may have flown off it with his great Super Bowl performance against Seattle. The team has bigger needs and Randle El may command a lot of money. He also shares the same agent as Donovan McNabb.

5. Joe Jurevicius, Wide Receiver, Seattle Seahawks

Jurevicius opened a lot of eyes at the Super Bowl when he was the best player on the field for Seattle. He also will command a lot of money and has several suitors.

6. LaRoi Glover, Defensive Tackle, Dallas Cowboys

Glover was cut by the Cowboys in a salary cap move. He may come cheaper than Bernard and is a quality defensive player.

7. Steve Hutchinson, Guard, Seattle Seahawks

The best offensive lineman in pro football, it would be a big investment to sign Hutchinson. The Eagles would also need to pay a huge bonus to Hutchinson, to keep Seattle from matching their offer to the transition-tagged free agent.

8. Kevin Mawae, Center, New York Jets

The veteran all-pro cut should be cut in a salary cap move by the Jets. He would provide leadership and free up money to spend on a top defensive player.

9. Kendrick Clancy, Defensive Tackle, New York Giants

Could be a salary-cap cut by the Giants and would be a reasonably priced addition to the d-line rotation.

10. Aaron Kampman, Defensive End, Green Bay Packers

He is an underrated defensive end and he can sack the quarterback. And he played for the Packers (long-time Eagles fans know what that means). Could be a surprise signing.

Other Possible Names:

Trevor Price, Defensive End, Denver Broncos - injury prone but productive

Na'il Diggs, Linebacker, Green Bay Packers - also injury prone but still young

Gary Stills, Linebacker, Kansas City Chiefs - Trenton product; only plays on special teams

Jeff Garcia, Quarterback, Detroit Lions - would end Mike McMahon's tenure

Najeh Davenport, Running Back, Green Bay Packers - only if Tapeh and Buckhalter aren't options

Shawn Barber, Linebacker, Kansas City Chiefs - depends on health; would come cheaply

Brentson Buckner, Defensive Tackle, Carolina Panthers - health issues

Duce Staley, Running Back, Pittsburg Steelers - stranger things have happened

Mike Anderson, Running Back, Denver Broncos - not likely but would be a great addition

LaVar Arrington, Washington Commanders - big health concerns

Troy Vincent, Safety, Buffalo Bills - depends on role; would add depth

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Read and weep.......

3. Report: Eagles to sign Garcia
REUBEN FRANK The Eagles plan to sign free agent quarterback Jeff Garcia and release backup quarterbacks Koy Detmer and Mike McMahon, Comcast SportsNet reported last night quoting team sources. Garcia, who played for new Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg during his record-setting 2000 season with the 49ers, will be joining his fourth team in four years. He spent his first five NFL seasons with the 49ers before single years with the Browns and Lions. Garcia owns the 13th-highest pass ......
(Published: 03/04/2006)

http://search.phillyburbs.com/?query=eagles&Submit2.x=9&Submit2.y=7

why do you go to the site and look?????

Should of provided the link in the first place. Thems the rules.

I guess the power in the NFC East has just changed.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
boysfanindc said:
Should of provided the link in the first place. Thems the rules.

I guess the power in the NFC East has just changed.

I gave you the source, you can go there to read it.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I remember watching the Lions vs. the Bears game this year where they finally decided to start Garcia and he was so bad, that he made one play that was actually challenged TWICE.

Rich.........

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Eagles Eyeing Big-Name Free Agents

Hey Gryphon ...

Just had a couple of responses about who I think the Eagles are really Interested in acquiring ... based on comments and chatter fro other Eagle fans.

Bentley [is very attractive and would fit nicely].

Eric Moulds, Randle El, and vicious Jurevicius are needed positions that any of these FA would fill -- definite solutions to our WR void.

Rocky Bernard, Defensive Tackle, [position needed; uncertain if this player is a priority]

LaRoi Glover, Defensive Tackle, Dallas Cowboys [uncertain --believe Dallas will retain]

Steve Hutchinson, Guard, Seattle Seahawks [I think we've got our eye on someone in the G/C position ...otherwise]

Kevin Mawae, Center, New York Jets [I think we've got our eye on someone in the G/C position]

Kendrick Clancy, Defensive Tackle, New York Giants [uncertain]

Aaron Kampman, Defensive End, Green Bay Packers [believe the Eagles already have some else I mind ...we really need someone on both ends of our defense]

Other Possible Names:

Trevor Price, Defensive End, Denver Broncos - [no interest]

Na'il Diggs, Linebacker , Green Bay Packers [no interest]

Gary Stills, Linebacker, Kansas City Chiefs - [no interest]

Jeff Garcia, Quarterback, Detroit Lions - [serious interest dump Detmer]

Najeh Davenport, Running Back, Green Bay Packers - [strictly my opinion ...dump Tapeh and Buckhalter; both injury prone -- not the answer ...not certain that Davenport is who we want either]

Shawn Barber, Linebacker, Kansas City Chiefs - [LB Is not one of the priorities; but the Eagles will probably take a hard look]

Brentson Buckner, Defensive Tackle, [no interest]

Duce Staley, Running Back, Pittsburg Steelers [this is probably one that we'd consider heavily - when healthy he's a threat ..and he already knows the WCO]

Mike Anderson, Running Back, Denver Broncos - [no interest]

LaVar Arrington, Washington Commanders - [I think the Eagles would consider LaVar is the price is right]

Troy Vincent, Safety, Buffalo Bills - depends on role; would add depth [I think you're right on point with this one]

Note: Many of these are JMO. However I stay in touch with my MB and can tell you that these are close.

I'm sure all of us are chomping at the bit fto determine if Upshaw can land a deal today, but even if he doesn't, it's going to be one heckofva ride!

If all of these FA are going to be spread around throughout the NFCE; I must say that all of us have the potential to have much stronger teams than we have in years. The NFCE could be strongest in NFC!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Please explain.

I don't know BDC ...I just have a feeling Dallas will do everything they can to retain this talent. Just a hunch -- I've been wrong before, and I'm certain you know more about the sitaution.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
I don't know BDC ...I just have a feeling Dallas will do everything they can to retain this talent. Just a hunch -- I've been wrong before, and I'm certain you know more about the sitaution.

You don't say.... :rolleyes: