Spears?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Brittnie yeah they are trying to take away her kids..

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
dbair1967;1666611 said:

He played decently against the run, and did little in the passing game again. At best he is OK, but nothing special. He and Akin Ayodele are the two most invisible players out there.

Your defense of Spears is as silly as eduncan's hatred of Henry. When Spears does something, I'm more than happy to give him props. But you defend him without him having done anything.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
for the first time in a while, I think he played really well.

Reaction score
Spears is a 3-4 DE, he is never going to have 10 sacks in a season.

Get over it people.

He takes up space and allows the LB's to make plays. Sure he might stunt here and there but he will never do more than that.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Akin Ayodele should be on the bench. And again if you watch the game, watch everytime Carpenter comes in the game. The pressure we get when hes on the field for some reason is interesting. I think he should be on the field on every 3rd and long the Cowboys have.

And Spears is doing fine. I didnt expect him to have 3 sacks by week 3 anyway.

Reaction score
stilltheguru;1666894 said:
Akin Ayodele should be on the bench. And again if you watch the game, watch everytime Carpenter comes in the game. The pressure we get when hes on the field for some reason is interesting. I think he should be on the field on every 3rd and long the Cowboys have.

And Spears is doing fine. I didnt expect him to have 3 sacks by week 3 anyway.

Its called a nickel defense and bringing in fresh pass rushers to rush the QB on obvious passing downs.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1667014 said:
Its called a nickel defense and bringing in fresh pass rushers to rush the QB on obvious passing downs.
Except we normally don't bring in fresh pass-rushers.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I know I saw Spears make a couple of great plays on the run. And he was double teamed quite a bit on passing downs. We brought most of our pressure from Rex's blind side.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1667038 said:
I saw Hatcher in on those downs....
Some. And it's usually only late in the game. On most downs we're keeping Spencer and Ware in the nickel.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1667014 said:

oh is that what it is?:rolleyes: He isnt out there on every nickel down but i have the game on tape and when he is out there on passing downs, good things happen. People on here can think hes a bust all they want to but he is better than Akin Ayodele. Just like Romo was better than Bledsoe. Just like Marion is better than Julius. The best option always doesnt get the nod. Whatever

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
stilltheguru;1667089 said:
oh is that what it is?:rolleyes: He isnt out there on every nickel down but i have the game on tape and when he is out there on passing downs, good things happen. People on here can think hes a bust all they want to but he is better than Akin Ayodele. Just like Romo was better than Bledsoe. Just like Marion is better than Julius. The best option always doesnt get the nod. Whatever

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
stilltheguru;1667089 said:

That sounds like the attitude of a PO'd parent upset about their kid not playing.

The best player always plays as it gives the team its best chance to win. Carpenter has a ways to go. He must shed blocks as he doesn't play the run as well as Akin. The only time Carpenter is in he is in passing situtation or on special teams. If its not broke, why fix it?