SPECULATION: Cowboys trades Henson and Shanle to Pack for Rod Gardner

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I was just thinking, Green Bay Packers would welcome depth in their linebacker and quarterback core.

Now with Farve in nine times out of ten his last season and Aaron Rogers who seem to remind everyone of Joey Harrington, who is currently playing for the Dolphins traded from the Lions. I think the Packers would welcome Drew Henson with open arms.

With Scott Shanle size and ability, he probably could compete with Nate Wayne for the starting outside linebacker position.

It would be a fair trade.

Gardner is a solid possesion type wide receiver that could be potential starter.

Either him or Lelie.

Gfunk

Reaction score
laugh.gif
never thought I'd see the day when a Dallas fan would be looking to aquire Mr. 50/50

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
why would Dallas trade two players for Rod Gardner????...any two players???

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
DCBoysfan said:
why would Dallas trade two players for Rod Gardner????...any two players???

Why would they trade a pair of shoes for him?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Why would we trade for Gardner when we could have had him for free....several times.

By free I mean without a trade.

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
I still dont see why WE have the need to grab another WR, I think our WR is one of the best in the league, If you take away the fact that Terry and Terrell are old but other than that I think its good

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I was just thinking, Green Bay Packers would welcome depth in their linebacker and quarterback core.

Now with Farve in nine times out of ten his last season and Aaron Rogers who seem to remind everyone of Joey Harrington, who is currently playing for the Dolphins traded from the Lions. I think the Packers would welcome Drew Henson with open arms.

With Scott Shanle size and ability, he probably could compete with Nate Wayne for the starting outside linebacker position.

It would be a fair trade.

Gardner is a solid possesion type wide receiver that could be potential starter.

Either him or Lelie.

Uh, the Packers are actually pretty deep at LB. And Nate Wayne isn't even on the team.

They start Ben Taylor, Barnett and AJ Hawk. Abdul Hodge has reportedly been having a great camp. Eventually, he'll probably take over the middle and Barnett will move to one of the outside spots.

Hiero

Reaction score
America's Team said:
I still dont see why WE have the need to grab another WR, I think our WR is one of the best in the league, If you take away the fact that Terry and Terrell are old but other than that I think its good
because crayton is having a bit of an injury history, and TO and Glenn are both old and who knows if they get injured or not. after those three, we have nothing besides Skyler green and who knows what he can do at WR.

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
Hiero said:
because crayton is having a bit of an injury history, and TO and Glenn are both old and who knows if they get injured or not. after those three, we have nothing besides Skyler green and who knows what he can do at WR.

well you also have Sam Hurd, who could probaly be the biggest surprise at camp, did you see that 1 handed catch he had against the seahawks, pretty good stuff, and then you also have Jamaica Rector who was complimented on being pound for pound the strongest guy on the team.

dallasfan

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
laugh.gif
never thought I'd see the day when a Dallas fan would be looking to aquire Mr. 50/50

my thoughts exactly. Gardner will be out of the league within 4 years, let's not make here one of his stops.

Reaction score
cowboy4eva said:
Rod Gardner is far from a solid anything.

I beg to differ, cowboy4eva. Rod Gardner is a solid POS. :D

Good to see you over here (CharlotteTerp on the Maryland board).

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Gardner does push off as well as anyone I've seen. I think he took lessons from Irvin. He is a big play WR altho I don't know what his problems are; I just know he has some.

I don't see this happening but I am wrong a lot.

There will be some good WRs released toward the end of camp and less earlier.

Obviously there are some trade scenarios out there. What happened to our insiders?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
doesn't speculation have to have some basis in fact? I see none, so shouldn't this be "concoction"?