Speculation: Do you think Quinn's salary is more or less than 90% of what McCarthy's is?

nobody

Reaction score
Why does it matter to anyone else?

Can't say it does. Hence, my thought to put it out there, just to see.

Why does it matter to me?

I guess it's just a cool thought that the Cowboys are so well-stocked at the top, two very well-respected head coaches, one "the" head coach, the other a "vice head coach" if you will, and who get along so well and no doubt make each other better. And so, along with that, comes the thought about how they're compensated in that appreciably unique situation. And, until they're actually playing real football, I think most thoughts and questions are fair game in this forum, but maybe that's just me.
I don't care how much Quinn and McCarthy are paid except that it's enough to make sure they want to stick around and don't get tempted into going elsewhere.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Both Quinn and McCarthy are on the books for between $4.5 and $5 million this year

_sturt_

Reaction score
Both Quinn and McCarthy are on the books for between $4.5 and $5 million this year
I keep asking for this... so, no offense, I treat everyone this way... source?

(It seems to be a popular assertion, but everyone who asserts it isn't anyone who any of the rest of us would have any plausible reason to believe they know.)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Been thinking about this awhile, and maybe it got some conversation here sometime when I was away or not paying attention, but I'm strongly inclined to believe those that say Quinn is taking home a head coach salary. Effectively, then, Jerry's paying for two head coaches, though I figure McCarthy's making something significantly more than Quinn nonetheless. This, then, traces back plausibly to why Kellen was let go. Essentially, it made sense to reallocate the coaching budget so that Quinn was paid more like McCarthy had been, and then McCarthy received a big portion of what had been Kellen's. You think?
Big Mike could get fired today and DQ would be our next HC.

Proof

Reaction score
I'll never understand the infatuation with another man's money.
stop being silly. it's a question about the dynamic and innerworkings of our coaches. not the actual money per se.

Loso86

Reaction score
Why does it matter to anyone else?

Can't say it does. Hence, my thought to put it out there, just to see.

Why does it matter to me?

I guess it's just a cool thought that the Cowboys are so well-stocked at the top, two very well-respected head coaches, one "the" head coach, the other a "vice head coach" if you will, and who get along so well and no doubt make each other better. And so, along with that, comes the thought about how they're compensated in that appreciably unique situation. And, until they're actually playing real football, I think most thoughts and questions are fair game in this forum, but maybe that's just me.
To each is own, Sounds good seems like a post that will no doubt ruffle feathers and cause more hate than curiosity

Gambit

Reaction score
stop being silly. it's a question about the dynamic and innerworkings of our coaches. not the actual money per se.
Then, and I'm just kind of spit balling here, maybe the topic should have been about interworking and not money. Just a thought.

Proof

Reaction score
Then, and I'm just kind of spit balling here, maybe the topic should have been about interworking and not money. Just a thought.
it is. just requires more than a glance and kneejerk reaction.

Gambit

Reaction score
it is. just requires more than a glance and kneejerk reaction.
Nope, reread original post again. It's all about money and not interworkings of the coaching staff.

In fact, not a single mention of interworkings only money.

But that would take more than a knee jerk reaction to my comment to reread what was actually said and not infer what you want from it.

Proof

Reaction score
Nope, reread original post again. It's all about money and not interworkings of the coaching staff.

In fact, not a single mention of interworkings only money.

But that would take more than a knee jerk reaction to my comment to reread what was actually said and not infer what you want from it.
sounds good man. enjoy your day