Speculation masquerading as Fact

Jumbo075

Reaction score
We are in the dead time in the NFL. The draft is over, premium free agency is done, and the OTAs and mini-camp are over. The players and coaches are on vacation until training camp starts. So, what do we get?

A lot of stories purporting to report "facts" which may be nothing more than reporters speculating, and then other media reporting on the speculations. It's time to focus on baseball, or summer vacation, and not get caught up in garbage stories which are just the media projecting their "concerns" on the Cowboys and other NFL teams.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are in the dead time in the NFL. The draft is over, premium free agency is done, and the OTAs and mini-camp are over. The players and coaches are on vacation until training camp starts. So, what do we get?

A lot of stories purporting to report "facts" which may be nothing more than reporters speculating, and then other media reporting on the speculations. It's time to focus on baseball, or summer vacation, and not get caught up in garbage stories which are just the media projecting their "concerns" on the Cowboys and other NFL teams.
Jumbo you are correct about this being the “doldrums” time of year for NFL football. I will also say the Cowboys‘ lack of activity to seriously improve their roster and also nail down some key contracts gives quite a bit of ammo for many to ask questions this off-season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jumbo you are correct about this being the “doldrums” time of year for NFL football. I will also say the Cowboys‘ lack of activity to seriously improve their roster and also nail down some key contracts gives quite a bit of ammo for many to ask questions this off-season.
And while that might be some truth to that Bob,

we've heard this all before, historically bad offseason, everyone speculating about how bad things are ,and really they weren't all that bad once you actually let the season play out...

Its likely time to let it go....

we've already discussed it in seven different ways ,you know and I don't mean to be mean but you just posted a couple weeks ago about the lame duck coach saying and you listed all the coaches and you conveniently left out the fact that at least one time Jason Garrett was a lame duck coach and he actually went to the playoffs went to the second round and got a new deal..

and then here we are you somehow reworded and started the thread pretty much the same subject with a different heading about how Mike McCarthy probably would have been better to be fired or quit because he's lame duck like Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys invented the term and invented the process and no other coaches in the history of sports have ever played on the last year of their contract...Nice same subject reworded to keep the page fresh...

Then we have totally rumor and fake news speculating Mike McCarthy's unhappy and it's fake it's 100% misleading, where the video/audio of the full question and answer interview with the real truth? and yet it spirals like it's real that is what Mr. jumbo is Speaking of which we're talking about the same stuff that we were talking about in March seven different ways, reworded finding new ways to come back to the front page with no resolution except for let's see how this season plays out..​
so late maybe it's time to stop beating the dead horse because he's already 7 foot underground and rotting away??!! these subjects get so old and you try to even make it sound like it was necessary like you are allowing a reason to discuss the same things for four months that can't be resolved and you make it sound like it's it's necessary no it's not necessary, it's just ranting, venting hyperbole ,and rhetoric.. it's just people looking for outlets that they haven't let go of the Green Bay game and now they can't let go of the fact that we've had these historically bad offseason labels put on us and still ended up having a good season.​
If we could predict outcomes in sports everybody would be rich but gamblers and the people who allow betting, no that this isn't even possible, and I think the NFL is one of the worst sports to try to predict.. it's one of those things that's the ultimate reality TV show to us you got to watch how it plays out then discuss the outcome not predict the outcome and beat a dead horse on subjects that I've already worn out most people but now they're being disguised by new headlines like the subject lines but it's the same exact subject just reword it and igniting the same people coming in saying the same things for three months.....​
Hey, do you already know how the seasons going to be done why are we even here I mean we already know it's going to be the same ohh here let me hear it, this 28 years and we already know how it's going why fans stay around??

I realize our fan base wants more, I realize we want to finally get to another NFC championship game, I realized we want to get to and win another Super Bowl to get our number six to get Jerry's #4??
there's a lot of fan bases that don't even have a single Super Bowl there's some that haven't wanted the vision in that same 28 year time that would be the Cleveland Browns and yet we're complaining about being a top 16 that keeps falling short in the playoffs who are waiting for number six that is always goanna be my response to this is there a team's hoping for their second or their first or maybe even their third but the Cowboys have a little bit more rope because they are waiting for this to circle back around to add number six to our trophy case which what keep us in 3rd place all time??

I mean all this drought that we talk about all the time gets old because there are teams that have only won one Super Bowl in 60 years or the Texas Rangers 1952 to 2023 and win 1 championship and all of a sudden they're the standard in DFW the Cowboys should look up to that really seriously you mean the other three teams will only have 3 total championships we're supposed to take notes and send them to Jerry Jones on how he can win one trophy since 1970? mavs ,rangers, and stars are NOT the standard, Dallas is! They have 3 total; Jerry has 3, the Cowboys have 5.. we can afford to wait, it maybe frustrating but its fact IMHO like the Chiefs took 52 years to circle back....its coming when you least expect it.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, this time of year is dead for the NFL, but soon we will be into the hyperbolic training camp reviews where low talent nobodies are projected to be all-pro by week 5.
And that doesn't stop content creators all over the Internet in here and all over sports media finding way to find that six degrees of separation to get the Cowboys in their mouth it's all rumor hyperbole and rhetoric and a bunch of nonsense to get people talking and staying interested and it works everyone takes the bait that's why they call it clickbait these rumors are not even true about Mike McCarthy and Jerry Jones did anybody go ask him in person with a camera literally ask Mike McCarthy and or Jerry Jones about this story and literally have it on video of what their response is where is the actual proof you know nowadays there doesn't need to be any proof anymore the burden of proof is just to say it and then enough people to believe it to make it true...

The Dallas Cowboys are the most talked about sports franchises on all levels of media and they will always be and that leads to a whole lot of misinformation that some people love to take as gospel when it fits their narrative...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have 4 weeks and a few days before the 1st practice.
So really have two weeks or so before actual news starts to trickle out.

There will be NFL news in a few weeks, as the teams get ready for the HOF game and inductions.

Probably three weeks as players get set to report to TC, we will get more topics and of course rumors.
I need to keep a look for when DC home page starts their 20 questions or what ever it is. And post them.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Any fan who thinks they are facts is delusional.

blueblood70

Reaction score

good attempt, it will spiral but i like it..... How about those Texas Rangers you know the championship team that took how long a drought 1970 to 2023 to finally win a single championship.. And now I've come out of the gate struggling this year I'm wondering if they're Paige talks about how they only have one championship since 1970 and hate on their team on a weekly basis I mean I support the Rangers but I'm more of a bandwagon fan when it comes to the Rangers Mavericks and stars although I watch them and hope for the best for them and I've even attended some games every once in a while but I am not the hardcore fan, like I am the die hard Cowboys fan...

And I realize I have a couple shots at gotten close other three professional sports teams only have 3 total titles and their entire existence and somehow our drought comes up all the time in the media the Cowboys can't get it done they're failing again they're coming up short again yeah waiting on number six yes we're coming up short LMAO it's not even the longest drought in the NFL let alone sports and it gets talked about more than the reality of what's going on isn't as bad as with the fan base just beats us down with all year long all season during the regular season it never stops the Cowboys are clickbait the ultimate content creator 6° of separation how can we bring up the Cowboys today...

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have 4 weeks and a few days before the 1st practice.
So really have two weeks or so before actual news starts to trickle out.

There will be NFL news in a few weeks, as the teams get ready for the HOF game and inductions.

Probably three weeks as players get set to report to TC, we will get more topics and of course rumors.
I need to keep a look for when DC home page starts their 20 questions or what ever it is. And post them.
You mean most of the fake news or the ridiculous news you know like last year they're counting every single mistake Prescott made in every practice they counted his interceptions it made national sports media they literally talked about it on every show it's the most ridiculous circus ever not created by Jerry created by the media... I mean it was the most horrible display I've ever seen saying how he lost his accuracy he's about to have his worst season ever just because he had one anomaly that was a high interception year all of a sudden he was a mistake maker which we all know he wasn't we tried to tell you go look at the film most of them were not his fault and yet they counted his practice interceptions and showed when he couldn't hit a net in the back of the end zone it was like the most ridiculous circus thing I've ever seen and he got the last laugh second team all pro second MVP voting at one of his best years led the league in touchdowns in scoring it hardly threw an interception I mean you had to go to four pages to find his name and nobody talks about that did they?

The media always trying to find the six degrees of separation to make sure they find a way to talk about the Cowboys it always circles back to the Cowboys whether it's true or not it's the ultimate ratings click bait ever just mentioned the Dallas Cowboys things will spiral you'll you'll get a whole lot of uptick in your clicks.... 1

plasticman

Reaction score
There is an increase in the amount of click bait articles on a lot of sites like YouTube, for example.

I disregard articles based on "unnamed sources" or a "team official requesting anonymity".

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
And that doesn't stop content creators all over the Internet in here and all over sports media finding way to find that six degrees of separation to get the Cowboys in their mouth it's all rumor hyperbole and rhetoric and a bunch of nonsense to get people talking and staying interested and it works everyone takes the bait that's why they call it clickbait these rumors are not even true about Mike McCarthy and Jerry Jones did anybody go ask him in person with a camera literally ask Mike McCarthy and or Jerry Jones about this story and literally have it on video of what their response is where is the actual proof you know nowadays there doesn't need to be any proof anymore the burden of proof is just to say it and then enough people to believe it to make it true...

The Dallas Cowboys are the most talked about sports franchises on all levels of media and they will always be and that leads to a whole lot of misinformation that some people love to take as gospel when it fits their narrative...
The longer Dak is our QB...those numbers will change. Star Wars was once an untouchable franchise...and look at what Disney is doing/has done to it. The Cowboys are no different.

Do you know what the leading paper in America was in the 1860s? The New York Herald? Ever heard of it? Not unless you're into history because the paper is history too. So yeah...the longer we stick with the S&M Choke Artist that is Dak...people will start walking away and paying attention to winners.

foofighters

Reaction score

lol. Yep, the media still has to eat and so there's a lot of poooo that's being thrown on the wall.

MikeT22

Reaction score
You know it’s bad when we have gotten to the point of comparing and rationalizing our situation to that of the Browns and pre-2023 Rangers.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And while that might be some truth to that Bob,

we've heard this all before, historically bad offseason, everyone speculating about how bad things are ,and really they weren't all that bad once you actually let the season play out...

Its likely time to let it go....

we've already discussed it in seven different ways ,you know and I don't mean to be mean but you just posted a couple weeks ago about the lame duck coach saying and you listed all the coaches and you conveniently left out the fact that at least one time Jason Garrett was a lame duck coach and he actually went to the playoffs went to the second round and got a new deal..

and then here we are you somehow reworded and started the thread pretty much the same subject with a different heading about how Mike McCarthy probably would have been better to be fired or quit because he's lame duck like Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys invented the term and invented the process and no other coaches in the history of sports have ever played on the last year of their contract...Nice same subject reworded to keep the page fresh...

Then we have totally rumor and fake news speculating Mike McCarthy's unhappy and it's fake it's 100% misleading, where the video/audio of the full question and answer interview with the real truth? and yet it spirals like it's real that is what Mr. jumbo is Speaking of which we're talking about the same stuff that we were talking about in March seven different ways, reworded finding new ways to come back to the front page with no resolution except for let's see how this season plays out..​
so late maybe it's time to stop beating the dead horse because he's already 7 foot underground and rotting away??!! these subjects get so old and you try to even make it sound like it was necessary like you are allowing a reason to discuss the same things for four months that can't be resolved and you make it sound like it's it's necessary no it's not necessary, it's just ranting, venting hyperbole ,and rhetoric.. it's just people looking for outlets that they haven't let go of the Green Bay game and now they can't let go of the fact that we've had these historically bad offseason labels put on us and still ended up having a good season.​
If we could predict outcomes in sports everybody would be rich but gamblers and the people who allow betting, no that this isn't even possible, and I think the NFL is one of the worst sports to try to predict.. it's one of those things that's the ultimate reality TV show to us you got to watch how it plays out then discuss the outcome not predict the outcome and beat a dead horse on subjects that I've already worn out most people but now they're being disguised by new headlines like the subject lines but it's the same exact subject just reword it and igniting the same people coming in saying the same things for three months.....​
Hey, do you already know how the seasons going to be done why are we even here I mean we already know it's going to be the same ohh here let me hear it, this 28 years and we already know how it's going why fans stay around??

I realize our fan base wants more, I realize we want to finally get to another NFC championship game, I realized we want to get to and win another Super Bowl to get our number six to get Jerry's #4??
there's a lot of fan bases that don't even have a single Super Bowl there's some that haven't wanted the vision in that same 28 year time that would be the Cleveland Browns and yet we're complaining about being a top 16 that keeps falling short in the playoffs who are waiting for number six that is always goanna be my response to this is there a team's hoping for their second or their first or maybe even their third but the Cowboys have a little bit more rope because they are waiting for this to circle back around to add number six to our trophy case which what keep us in 3rd place all time??

I mean all this drought that we talk about all the time gets old because there are teams that have only won one Super Bowl in 60 years or the Texas Rangers 1952 to 2023 and win 1 championship and all of a sudden they're the standard in DFW the Cowboys should look up to that really seriously you mean the other three teams will only have 3 total championships we're supposed to take notes and send them to Jerry Jones on how he can win one trophy since 1970? mavs ,rangers, and stars are NOT the standard, Dallas is! They have 3 total; Jerry has 3, the Cowboys have 5.. we can afford to wait, it maybe frustrating but its fact IMHO like the Chiefs took 52 years to circle back....its coming when you least expect it.
lmao...Novel time boys and girls.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

So true and the Cowboys, being as popular as they are, are big targets. But negativity sells and it’s encouraged here.