Speculation masquerading as Fact

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, this time of year is dead for the NFL, but soon we will be into the hyperbolic training camp reviews where low talent nobodies are projected to be all-pro by week 5.
Post of the afternoon

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL offseason may be the biggest of all four major sports in regards to the number of available, super-secret, internal sources behind stories that do not require such journalistic secrecy of any kind.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Enjoy the Silence, folks. The storm is coming. We won't be able to keep up with it all. Okay, maybe some of us will. :)

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is actually one of the most fascinating off-seasons we have had in my recent memory. Lame Duck Coach, lame duck QB about to play out his overpriced contract, 2 disgruntled core parts of our team, question marks on the OL all over the place, question marks at RB, question marks at WR, relying upon guys on D who missed last year due to injury...no TE2...I can go on and on, and I am likely missing something or thirty things

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The longer Dak is our QB...those numbers will change. Star Wars was once an untouchable franchise...and look at what Disney is doing/has done to it. The Cowboys are no different.

Do you know what the leading paper in America was in the 1860s? The New York Herald? Ever heard of it? Not unless you're into history because the paper is history too. So yeah...the longer we stick with the S&M Choke Artist that is Dak...people will start walking away and paying attention to winners.
IF, and a BIG IF, Prestrash is extended going to be a lot of Boys fans washing their hands from this mess of a team and its ownership.
Count me in baby as not only do we have 30 years of NADA having them extend Prestrash will be the cherry on the cake.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This is actually one of the most fascinating off-seasons we have had in my recent memory. Lame Duck Coach, lame duck QB about to play out his overpriced contract, 2 disgruntled core parts of our team, question marks on the OL all over the place, question marks at RB, question marks at WR, relying upon guys on D who missed last year due to injury...no TE2...I can go on and on, and I am likely missing something or thirty things
Don't forget the delusional fans.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
IF, and a BIG IF, Prestrash is extended going to be a lot of Boys fans washing their hands from this mess of a team and its ownership.
Count me in baby as not only do we have 30 years of NADA having them extend Prestrash will be the cherry on the cake.
I've already started flirting with the Texans. I live in NJ BTW...so...it's not like I'm jumping on a bandwagon. I'd just trade their hands for ours...straight up.

If Jerry was sincerely trying to win, I would have no issues. But if he extends Prescott...I'm pretty much (fan) emotionally detached from the team. And I make no apologies. Loyalty to a fault makes one a fool.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've already started flirting with the Texans. I live in NJ BTW...so...it's not like I'm jumping on a bandwagon. I'd just trade their hands for ours...straight up.

If Jerry was sincerely trying to win, I would have no issues. But if he extends Prescott...I'm pretty much (fan) emotionally detached from the team. And I make no apologies. Loyalty to a fault makes one a fool.
That’s the definition of a bandwagon fan. :lmao: Don’t let the door hit you in the rear on the way to Houston!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
That’s the definition of a bandwagon fan. :lmao: Don’t let the door hit you in the rear on the way to Houston!
no, not really. According to you Dak is better than CJ Stroud and we have a better chance next year than Houston. Have I mischaracterized your position?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It's really simple....and it's not speculation. Did we improve our ability to stop the run for teams that want to run....did we improve our ability to run when we need to avoid a shootout or falling behind quick? The answer to both is NO! Will we win 8+ games....more than likely yes! Will we beat good teams...probably half the time. Will we win 4 straight games in the postseason? No! We have not done that in almost 30 years...and we have enough evidence to know what it takes to do that...and yet we make not attempt to do that.

So I am not giving this front office a free pass. And I am not shouting down forum members, podcasters or the media for "piling" on the Cowboys. It is maddening! We seriously thought we would beat the 49ers in the playoffs 3 years ago in Dallas....the 49ers were not worried one bit. They even did the next year with a rookie QB in the playoffs. Then did it again the following year with Purdy in the regular season. Each beating was WORSE than the time before! And they will do it again this upcoming season, because we are too arrogant to believe what we've seen from them...or what we've seen for almost 30 years now!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
no, not really. According to you Dak is better than CJ Stroud and we have a better chance next year than Houston. Have I mischaracterized your position?
Trying to back track your “I’m flirting with the Texans” quote? I loved that. It’s gold. Pappy has also said he was leaving if Dak gets extended.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's really simple....and it's not speculation. Did we improve our ability to stop the run for teams that want to run....did we improve our ability to run when we need to avoid a shootout or falling behind quick? The answer to both is NO! Will we win 8+ games....more than likely yes! Will we beat good teams...probably half the time. Will we win 4 straight games in the postseason? No! We have not done that in almost 30 years...and we have enough evidence to know what it takes to do that...and yet we make not attempt to do that.

So I am not giving this front office a free pass. And I am not shouting down forum members, podcasters or the media for "piling" on the Cowboys. It is maddening! We seriously thought we would beat the 49ers in the playoffs 3 years ago in Dallas....the 49ers were not worried one bit. They even did the next year with a rookie QB in the playoffs. Then did it again the following year with Purdy in the regular season. Each beating was WORSE than the time before! And they will do it again this upcoming season, because we are too arrogant to believe what we've seen from them...or what we've seen for almost 30 years now!
Feel better now?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trying to back track your “I’m flirting with the Texans” quote? I loved that. It’s gold. Pappy has also said he was leaving if Dak gets extended.
Done with the Cowboys till 666 departs.................. :cool:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm not backing down on it AT ALL. I'm not giving undying loyalty to a freaky PT Barnum.