Speculation: Trade Ellis to Jets for Dwayne Robertson

mwmilsted

Reaction score
Since Ellis has expressed his unhappiness at being a Cowboy (according to the
Ranch Report), how about trading him to the Jets for Robertson. It seems to be an even deal. The Jets were trying to rade Robertson before the draft and did not draft a replacement for the DE they lost to Atlanta.:starspin

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Where did Ellis say hes unhappy being a Cowboy? Never read that.

ravidubey

Reaction score
A premier nose tackle who was a top five pick for a guy heading into his 9th year? Has Robertson been that big a bust?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
mwmilsted said:
Ranch Report), how about trading him to the Jets for Robertson. It seems to be an even deal. The Jets were trying to rade Robertson before the draft and did not draft a replacement for the DE they lost to Atlanta.:starspin

Robertson will have a hard time in the 3-4......also, it would be in our best interest to trade him for an offensive lineman IMO

Duane

Reaction score
Makes no sense for the Jets unless they want to unload salary.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
mwmilsted said:

robertson is not a good fit. he is not a true 3-4 DT. we have feguson and stanley. so what do you do with robertson.

I would rather make a trade for a pick (3rd) or an OG for depth. or a WR.

may be we can trade Ellis for Leile from denver. leile is not a #1 WR but has speed, had 42 receptions last year and would be a great #2 or #3.

it would allow us to go into next year's draft without a need (ha ha)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Robertson has a degenerative knee which might be why the Jets are trying to trade him. I hadn't heard anything about them trying to trade him and they certainly wouldn't take Ellis as equal value. Not to mention the Jets probably going to the 3-4, so where would they have a place for Ellis?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bad, bad trade for the Jets IMO. Robertson would have to be a DE for us. For the Jets, that would leave very little in the way of DT.

mwmilsted

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC said:
robertson is not a good fit. he is not a true 3-4 DT. we have feguson and stanley. so what do you do with robertson.

I would rather make a trade for a pick (3rd) or an OG for depth. or a WR.

may be we can trade Ellis for Leile from denver. leile is not a #1 WR but has speed, had 42 receptions last year and would be a great #2 or #3.

it would allow us to go into next year's draft without a need (ha ha)
Great Post

silver

Reaction score
don't trade Ellis. He's still very good and productive. We need team leaders to guide the young bucks on D. and Boy do we have young bucks now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If we're trading Ellis, how about we get a decent OL instead? :)

But speaking of Robertson... Good thing Parcells didn't get his wish on him three drafts ago, eh?

wileedog

Reaction score
CowboysFaninDC said:

Lelie's problem in Denver is that he's not being allowed to compete for the #2 spot.

You think he'll be happier as a guaranteed #3 here?

And if it is true about Ellis b*tching again then by all means move him for a draft pick or backup OT. That's not the kind of 'veteran leadership' all the youngsters on the D need to see right now.

conner01

Reaction score
the jets are switching to a 3/4, ellis wants to play in a 4/3 because it fits his skills. why would they want him to play de in a 3/4 if he can't do it here. why would we want robby if he can't play nt in a 3/4. the jets already have been saying he does'nt fit the system

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

But speaking of Robertson... Good thing Parcells didn't get his wish on him three drafts ago, eh?

Bingo!!! The biggest need right now is for someone to compete with Kosier at LG...if we trade Ellis it better be for a starting top OG.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The reason the Jets are trying to trade Robertson is because he doesn't really fit in a 3-4... which they're switching to.

We don't need him.

Eddie

Reaction score
I hate it when people on this board conjure up these Madden trades??

Even if the Jets were trying to off load Robertson, I'm sure they're looking for more than an undistinguished, 9th year DE.

May as well offer Dexter Coakley and a 4th rounder for Robertson.

Fark !!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

And you think your going to post this without me sounding in?

I don't know anything about a degenerative knee problem with Robertson but I do know that he has played well for NY since he's been drafted. I think he's one of the best young three technique DTs in the NFL. You feel differently Lab?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
mwmilsted said:
Ranch Report),

thats the first problem, believing anything that awful website reports as "news"...

second problem is I cant see any scenario where the Jets would want to trade Robertson

David

wileedog

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
thats the first problem, believing anything that awful website reports as "news"...

It would be far less believable if we hadn't already gone through this with Ellis.

Given his recent demeanor, there's no doubt in my mind he wasn't happy when Hatcher's name was called.

We don't know if he complained again, granted, but given recent history you can't rule it out.