Sportingnews Draft... They got the Cowboys drafting Marlin Jackson and Ronnie Brown..

jimmy40

Reaction score
calicowboy54 said:
what kinda crack have you been smoken young sucks and has done nothing at texas while playing QB
Which is proof positive how good Cedrick Benson really is.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Ronnie Brown is an interesting pick, but I wouldn't pick a guy in the top 10 who isn't the #1 RB on his own college team. Heck, wouldn't spend a top 10 on Cadillac for that matter. Good RBs are regularly found in rounds 2-4 in even weak drafts - there is no point on spending a high pick on a non-elite RB (i.e. Tomlinson).

The issue in the NFL these days is acquiring premium players in the draft because they rarely come available in FA - they either get re-signed or get the franchise designation placed on them. The only player that I'm pretty sure will be elite is Mike Williams. If he's on the board, we have to take him unless some team wants to give us a ridiculous deal and we can still pick him a couple spots later.

After him, I'm not so enamoured with the talent at the top of this draft. I think Brooks or Johnson would be okay but I'm not overly impressed with any of the DL likely to be available in the top 10. I would suggest doing a trade down and acquiring Corey Webster or Justin Miller at CB because this is a strong class. I think these two are as good as Rolle and can be had for cheaper. Probably a trade into the early 20s would suffice. Hopefully this will garner us a few high picks - maybe a 2nd and 3rd this year and another 1st rounder next year. We could use some of those picks to build back up the talent in the front 7.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
if we pass on Mike williams I will go postal :p
Has there ever been a tag team gone postal event? I may be with you on that.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I doubt we see one back go in the top ten, much less what appears to be 3.

I agree with hos that the only RB I've seen this year that I'd want to spend a 1st on is a true freshman, now that kid is a stud.

And anyone who can really defense Benson as a #1 overall really needs to take off the stupid burnt orange glasses they are wearing.

jamez25

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Don't worry Hostile....two rb's will never go in the top 5...rb's always drop on draft day...they're easy to find and not as valuable as other positions.

Also, were there any underclassmen in that draft? I didn't see The big DT from TExax, did I??? Rodrique Wright???
I didn't see Mathias Kiwanuka or that sophmore LB from Virginia either.so it musta just been seniors

joseephuss

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I doubt we see one back go in the top ten, much less what appears to be 3.

I agree with hos that the only RB I've seen this year that I'd want to spend a 1st on is a true freshman, now that kid is a stud.

And anyone who can really defense Benson as a #1 overall really needs to take off the stupid burnt orange glasses they are wearing.

I don't think it would be about defending Benson. It would be about Miami drafting just for need if they had the #1 overall pick. Miami is dumb enough to make that type of pick. Benson is probably the #1 running back that will be in the draft and they need a running back. They need offensive lineman even worse. The smart thing for Miami to do is try to trade back and then grab Benson.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Do you really think Wiley is worth anything? I wouldn't want him on my team except as a backup because of an injury. If you cut him, I would be surprised if he will be signed until after training camp.

I am sure the Commanders would trade him for Ohalete though, you know, Because he is a Cardinal.
Actually, I think he signed with the Panthers. I am not sure though...

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
We had a much better RB sitting there in 2004, traded down and took a RB. Why would I want to waste that pick on a RB in round 1?

The only RB in the NCAA I would want in the 1st round in 2005 is Adrian Peterson and he won't be eligible.

Whether I like Brown or not doesn't even factor into it.

Make sure you understand that I do not care for this mock draft.

I would rather have Rolle, Johnson, Williams, instead of Marlin and Ronnie.

However I will say this.

I think when it is all said and done that Cadillac Williams, Cedric Benson and possibly Ronnie Brown will be better NFL RBs then Stephen Jackson...and you know I liked Stephen Jackson last year.

btcutter

Reaction score
Rocky said:
Of course, mock drafts are an absurd exercise but don't you like Ronnie Brown? I think the guy is every bit the equal of the more heralded Cadillac.

A pick in the top 10 and we take a shot at a BACKUP RB???? Are you kidding me! The kid maybe good but with a top 10 pick, he needs to be a sure thing and NO BACKUP is a sure thing (Hope we learn that with Hambone). There are so many other playmakers still on board, we better not take a backup.

I don't have a problem if we take him much later but not at top 10.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Source said:
If we get some early picks I would like for the Cowboys to get Mike Williams and D. J Johnson, or Marlin Jackson, Cedric Benson, Vince Young if he comes out, Antrell Rolle, and David Pollack because Marcellus Wiley isn't showing up at all..

I think that the Cowboys need to trade him and Glover off as a blockbuster deal for like a first round and a adequete player....

It would be good if Commanders trade for LaRoi Glover and Marcellus Wiley for a 1st Round and Matt Bowen Saftey.. or Ohalente...

This is the worse mock draft. Must be a 6th grade mock. Mike williams or Braylon Edwards, yes, DJ Johnson would be good at mid teens, not top 10 (remember, value at your pick) Do not need a RB that high. Vince Young sucks as a QB, he will be converted to a WR. Never been impressed, other than his running, remember Randell Cunningham? Ok QB, great running, strong arm. This is Young.

Isn't Bowen out for the year with a blown knee, wouldn't want him.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Actually, I think he signed with the Panthers. I am not sure though...

No he is starting for the Cardnials. He is the reason why they were able to release Jackson.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cedrick Benson #1? Wow, its not often you see a mock draft instantly lose all of its credibility with its first pick.

If Vince Young plays in the NFL, he'll have to go the Ronald Curry route as a WR.