Sports Commentators on ESPN are Pathetic

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Ryan Clark former NFL DB and supposedly Sports commentator just named his starting 5 Football players that were Basketball Hoopers. He left off Cornell Green, Cowboys All Pro DB but College Basketball All American who never played a down of college football. He is a former NFL DB and did not know about Cornell Green. The only player in NFL history to be a All American Basketball player and become an All Pro DB without playing a down of college football.

If you are naming NFL players that were basketball hoopers leaving off Cornell Green and Tony Gonzales, you lose credibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornell_Green_(defensive_back)

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Ryan probably never does his own research. It is performed by interns and handed off to him and the other anchors.

Motorola

Reaction score
Ryan Clark former NFL DB and supposedly Sports commentator just named his starting 5 Football players that were Basketball Hoopers. He left off Cornell Green, Cowboys All Pro DB but College Basketball All American who never played a down of college football. He is a former NFL DB and did not know about Cornell Green. The only player in NFL history to be a All American Basketball player and become an All Pro DB without playing a down of college football.

If you are naming NFL players that were basketball hoopers leaving off Cornell Green and Tony Gonzales, you lose credibility.

He probably wasn’t born when green played lol
Research is just way too hard for the guy
Ryan Clark's take on that category topic is just part and parcel with how the vast majority of his ilk have conversations and discussions about NFL teams before the "Super Bowl Era" = pre-1966) and players who were very accomplished before that time.
They don't count.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Sounds like you’re upset he left out Cornell Green. I looked up NFL players who excelled in basketball, and his name hasn’t come up so far in the top 10. Ryan Clark isn’t going to remember Cornell Green. He’s going to choose players he’s seen play basketball. Some of you get way too upset with the opinions of Talking Heads.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re upset he left out Cornell Green. I looked up NFL players who excelled in basketball, and his name hasn’t come up so far in the top 10. Ryan Clark isn’t going to remember Cornell Green. He’s going to choose players he’s seen play basketball. Some of you get way too upset with the opinions of Talking Heads.
You have a trivial reply with no credible thought and time to actually look something up like Ryan Clark. What you saw is an old 2009 list for players that were currently in the league in 2009.

Ryan Clark list was all time as he listed Julius Peppers and Randy Moss who are retired and in the Hall of Fame. So it is what it is. Pathetic sports commentating on a subject Clark should be better versed on considering Cornell Green played a position Ryan Clark played. Also unlike all the others who played college football, Green became NFL All Pro without playing a down of college football. Again name me anyother NFL All Pro player that did this?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have a trivial reply with no credible thought and time to actually look something up like Ryan Clark. What you saw is an old 2009 list for players that were currently in the league in 2009.

Ryan Clark list was all time as he listed Julius Peppers and Randy Moss who are retired and in the Hall of Fame. So it is what it is. Pathetic sports commentating on a subject Clark should be better versed on considering Cornell Green played a position Ryan Clark played. Also unlike all the others who played college football, Green became NFL All Pro without playing a down of college football. Again name me anyother NFL All Pro player that did this?
Like I said I didn’t see Cornell Green’s name on any top 10 list of NFL players who excelled in basketball. I’m certainly not going to waste my time arguing something like this. I don’t even follow basketball. I could care less if he’s listed or not. All I care about was that he was a great NFL player for the Cowboys.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Like I said I didn’t see Cornell Green’s name on any top 10 list of NFL players who excelled in basketball. I’m certainly not going to waste my time arguing something like this. I don’t even follow basketball. I could care less if he’s listed or not. All I care about was that he was a great NFL player for the Cowboys.
RIGHT Like I said.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
RIGHT Like I said.
To be honest, I wasn’t sure what you were getting at. I didn’t even bother looking at Ryan Clark’s list. It’s his opinion and everyone has one.