***Sport's FINAL Mock Draft***

gmoney112

Reaction score
TheSport78;3354000 said:
Can't argue with any of that. One thing we can agree on is that competition makes everyone better, so I'm all for competing for starting jobs. Look what that did for Mike Jenkins; even Scandrick stepped up his game in the 2nd half of the season.

Well put. A fear of losing your job has only helped you reach your capabilities, it's easy to get a little lazy when you know you have no competition, that's human nature. I definately believe we should have another FS for insurance, I just don't think Mike Hamlin is a center field FS. He was born to play in the new era SS, a guy with size that can hit/cover/track the ball in the air but I just don't think he's quick enough to play FS.

I think depending on BPA, if the draft ended up something like this one, we'd be targetting Atogwe pretty hard. I just don't know how much the Rams want to pay him, and the competition for a pretty good FS in this league might make his deal similar to Rolle's, which is a big no in my book. It's going to be an interesting week, that's for sure.

gmoney112

Reaction score
TheSport78;3354012 said:
I've seen most mocks with Alualu going to Miami at #43 or NE at #44. It would be perfect to trade with Miami in my opinion, to ensure that NE doesn't have a shot at him. I'm not sure if Spears would be enough to move up 15 spots, we may have to throw in a future pick in 2011, like a 5th or 6th rounder.

This. He's not going to make it past the Pats. They have 3 2nd round picks, they could not get pressure last season after dealing Seymour, they'd certainly take Alualu here.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
gmoney112;3354019 said:
Well put. A fear of losing your job has only helped you reach your capabilities, it's easy to get a little lazy when you know you have no competition, that's human nature. I definately believe we should have another FS for insurance, I just don't think Mike Hamlin is a center field FS. He was born to play in the new era SS, a guy with size that can hit/cover/track the ball in the air but I just don't think he's quick enough to play FS.

I think depending on BPA, if the draft ended up something like this one, we'd be targetting Atogwe pretty hard. I just don't know how much the Rams want to pay him, and the competition for a pretty good FS in this league might make his deal similar to Rolle's, which is a big no in my book. It's going to be an interesting week, that's for sure.

Definitely. Look what happened to Ken Hamlin after he cashed in and knew he was going to be the starting free safety for numerous seasons that came. I agree that M. Hamlin is well suited at strong safety, and I hope he ends up being a steal for us in the 5th round. Atogwe has to be a target at this point, he's a playmaker and creates turnovers, something we haven't had at the safety position since...Roy L. Williams...eek.

gmoney112

Reaction score
TheSport78;3354027 said:
Definitely. Look what happened to Ken Hamlin after he cashed in and knew he was going to be the starting free safety for numerous seasons that came. I agree that M. Hamlin is well suited at strong safety, and I hope he ends up being a steal for us in the 5th round. Atogwe has to be a target at this point, he's a playmaker and creates turnovers, something we haven't had at the safety position since...Roy L. Williams...eek.

Haha! Weird to hear yourself say that huh? But it's true. Atogwe would be a very good player for us. I have no idea really about Mike Hamlin's potential, I haven't heard much about him. I'm ready for the draft and training camp already!

Gaede

Reaction score
Good draft...If we can't get one of the top WR in the first three rounds, I love the idea of Sanders or even David Reed late

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Gaede;3354375 said:
Good draft...If we can't get one of the top WR in the first three rounds, I love the idea of Sanders or even David Reed late

And the Cowboys have done a great job of finding WR's late in drafts that contribute right away or develop into solid starters like Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd and now Kevin Ogletree. I doubt we go WR early this year.