Sports Illustrated Draft Comments

Bigdog

Reaction score
I was looking through SI the other day and noticed that they commented on some teams late in the 1st round are very intrigued with Brian Brohm Qb from Louisville. They reported that if teams in the 2nd round want a QB they might have to trade up to get them which is pretty obvious. I am could go with trading with Atlanta for their 1st in 2009 and maybe the 34th and later round pick. Similar to last years trade with the Browns. Of course this is if jenkins, DRC, or McKelvin is off the board when we pick at 22.

sago1

Reaction score
I'm torn with that idea. Now if we got a good CB with 22nd pick, I got no problems trading with a team for their 2nd & 3rd picks cause we could use these picks to add needed players -- some of which could contribute (even on STs) to get us over the hump to win a SB. While picking up another #1 in 09 sounds good, only if we get a high 2nd rounder & maybe a 4th. Unlike some people, while I do believe we have a good team, there is always room for improvement -- particularly since we went 1 & out -- cause I don't buy into nonsense we had 13 pro bowlers. Realistically, I'd say TO, Romo, Witten, Adams & Davis warranted it on offense, on defense only Ware, maybe Ellis warranted it. Also admit I voted for MBIII along with Ellis, Hamlin & Newman for the pro bowl. Don't even remember who the whole 13 guys we sent were.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Atlanta's first in 2009 and #34 for #22? I'd grab that one in an instant. I don't see any way the Falcons get above 8-8 next year.

:thumbup:

JPM

Reaction score
dwmyers;2029114 said:
Atlanta's first in 2009 and #34 for #22? I'd grab that one in an instant. I don't see any way the Falcons get above 8-8 next year.

I said the same thing last year after we traded with the Browns *sigh*

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
dwmyers;2029114 said:

Clevland wasnt going to win more than 5 games, max.

At least that is what Beast was told.:mad:

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
JPM;2029203 said:
I said the same thing last year after we traded with the Browns *sigh*

And Buffalo who started the season 0-4 only to finish 9-7 in 2004.

Previous poster wanted to know how Atlanta could win 8 games.

Simple, trade us thier 2009 1st rd pick.