Sports Illustrated Prediction: Cowboys vs Vikings

kramskoi

Reaction score
...never say never...something strange has descended upon the Cowboys since Ware went down against San Diego...they have'nt really been stressed since that game...up 24-3 against the Saints they never really felt any pressure until after the missed field goal...

...ditto in Washington and Philly times two...

...what we have'nt seen since the Chargers game is a tight scrap and the 'boys having to claw their way to a victory...this weekend could be that kind of game...

...all the pre-game chatter, trash-talking, one-upmanship, bravado and ignorance matters little in the final analysis...for the Cowboys it really is simple [in theory]...destroy the Vikings offensive line and protect Romo...yes they need to run the ball but the state of the Vikings secondary is a more serious cause for concern if you're wearing purple and gold...

Reaction score
I didn't know Giants fans knew how to write articles! Let alone rip on anything related to the Cowboys. Do they have insecurity issues up there? I mean after all where is this guys team?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3227896 said:
I don't know if Minn will win or not but I do not see this defense giving up 31 points to the Vikes. Only way that happens is our offense is turning the ball over allot.

Frankly I'm more concerned about how we play than how the vikes play. I think if Dallas continues to play strong on offense and defense as they have been as of late then we will win this game.

I'm witcha.

I have more confidence in a defensive-minded coach than an offensive-minded coach in the playoffs.

It seems when a team has a great defense, their coaches find a way to counter a good offense, especially one more reliant on the passing game.

There's the Giants vs. the Bills, the 49ers vs. the Dolphins and the Giants vs. the Patriots.

The Cowboys have a balanced attack. Meanwhile, I believe if we stop the run, Favre will get anxious and make mistakes. I feel Wade is going to blitz Favre and put him on his back. Then Jason Garrett is going to call a game plan that utilizes the run and pass.

Favre is not going to beat us. Peterson will have to beat us.
But Romo isn't going to get us beat. We can work either the running game or the passing game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dhragon;3227956 said:
I was thinking he meant going from a wild card game (we played in a wild card game even though we were division champs) all the way to the Superbowl.

Ssshhh! Don't interrupt the faux anger and outrage. ;)

gmoney112

Reaction score
All the predictions for the are predicting Dallas to score 24+. If we score 24+ we win the game. Period. No way is anyone putting up 30 on us.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
So basically he believes the matchups on paper point to the Cowboys, but he's still going with the Vikings because Favre is going to pull some magic voodoo out of his hat and "play like he's just having fun out there" (even though he hasn't been "playing like he's just having fun out there" in the playoffs for over a decade).

Glad we got some analytic, logical, expert opinion that the average fan couldn't provide. Maybe next time Sports Illustrated can hire a palm reader for an opinion.

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3228015 said:
So basically he believes the matchups on paper point to the Cowboys, but he's still going with the Vikings because Favre is going to pull some magic voodoo out of his hat and "play like he's just having fun out there" (even though he hasn't been "playing like he's just having fun out there" in the playoffs for over a decade).

Glad we got some analytic, logical, expert opinion that the average fan couldn't provide. Maybe next time Sports Illustrated can hire a palm reader for an opinion.

It's a Giants/Yankees fan, they are used to winning with their teams. They will put down Dallas at any chance they get. God I swear whoever gave this moron any right to write about is pathetic. Of course it has to be some random ******* Gunts fan to talk smack about us.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
But there's something about Favre and the Vikings and playing at home in the very noisy Metrodome.
That's why he's picking the Vikings?

Eh...okay...

lspain1

Reaction score
Vtwin;3227876 said:
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't see them hanging 31 on this defense.

I don't know if we are going to win this game but I agree with this.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
CowboysFaninBaltimore;3228045 said:
It's a Giants/Yankees fan, they are used to winning with their teams. They will put down Dallas at any chance they get. God I swear whoever gave this moron any right to write about is pathetic. Of course it has to be some random ******* Gunts fan to talk smack about us.

Eh, it sounds like just a generic media Favre Fanboy. He mentions Favre 14 times in the column (Romo three).

It would be nice if the Cowboys would just win and Favre would go away. We're not going to be so lucky. No matter what happens on Sunday, it's either going to be "It's Favre's Destiny To Go Out Winning A Superbowl !!" or another 24 hour, 7 day a week Favre retirement watch until August.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Well if the Vikes score 31 than I agree they will probably win....I just don't see them hanging 31 on the Dallas "d".

fan62

Reaction score
OMG! OMG! Don't let the media, get hold of that tidbit! Favre left town during the bye week? He didn't stay in town and study film? The mediots are going to fry him, if the Vikings lose.

Oh wait, he is not the QB for the DALLAS COWBOYS! Nevermind, doesn't count then.

johnnyd

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3228060 said:
Eh, it sounds like just a generic media Favre Fanboy. He mentions Favre 14 times in the column (Romo three).

It would be nice if the Cowboys would just win and Favre would go away. We're not going to be so lucky. No matter what happens on Sunday, it's either going to be "It's Favre's Destiny To Go Out Winning A Superbowl !!" or another 24 hour, 7 day a week Favre retirement watch until August.

In the I never thought i would say this category I am really looking foward for every sportscenter , nfl live, total access, etc etc etc . show to start with the old "breaking news" segment regarding bret farve's possible retirement from the national football league(jaws voice) as soon as say cbs 4:30 est jet's-chargers kicoff.. ;)

Reaction score
pat-williams1.jpg

This out of shape washed up linebacker? LOL jesus christ he is huge. Pat stop eating McDonalds you fat ****. This is a guy I definetly wish a horrorifc injury upon. Just look at him he probably can't find his ***** either.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
CowboysFaninBaltimore;3237858 said:
pat-williams1.jpg

This out of shape washed up linebacker? LOL jesus christ he is huge. Pat stop eating McDonalds you fat ****. This is a guy I definetly wish a horrorifc injury upon. Just look at him he probably can't find his ***** either.

Pat Williams is a DT, not a LB. He backed up his talk wouldn't you agree?