Sports myths

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I also agree with the notion that a “grand conspiracy” is actually at work. What I think DOES exist is a bias MUCH larger for Dallas than any other team, because people resent all the hype over a team that hasn’t earned it during their lifetime. I also find it curious that while Dallas isn’t the MOST penalized team (which research will easily prove), but the all important TIMING of those flags is not recorded. They always seem to come either on third or fourth and long, or right after a big play. Just odd, that’s all. Third and 22, Dallas completes a 30 yard pass play, and here comes a holding penalty! The other team has a third and 14, we stop them, but wait, a late flag gives ‘em a first and goal!

Every fan forum thinks they're getting screwed by the refs. We can all point to a play that "proves" it. :muttley:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every fan forum thinks they're getting screwed by the refs. We can all point to a play that "proves" it. :muttley:
It’s funny how we never seemed to hear the “refs are out to get us” when we were great in the 70s, and 90s. Somehow great teams don’t get as many “bad calls”. When you’re a great team, you don’t usually have as many penalties at bad moments...because you’re a great team.

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree! There IS no grand conspiracy, but the timing of the penalties is curious, and Dallas is the most resented, so....