Sportsman of the Year

Big Dakota

Reaction score
In honor of their last year, i'd give it to these guys.

other_hoyt_275.jpg

AP Photo/Jeff Chiu
Rick Hoyt (left) and his father, Dick, have competed in nearly 1,000 marathons and triathlons over 27 years.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1812491 said:
In honor of their last year, i'd give it to these guys.

other_hoyt_275.jpg

AP Photo/Jeff Chiu
Rick Hoyt (left) and his father, Dick, have competed in nearly 1,000 marathons and triathlons over 27 years.

How does the old man run with that wig?

Aikbach

Reaction score
So long as he retires 0-10 at Texas Stadium I don't care what fleeting magazine tribute they give him, it isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

thekavorka

Reaction score
This award is an absolute joke.

The winner should have been Roger Federer this year. Dwyane Wade won the award last year. Tiger Woods should have won last year.

And why did they give it to a football player who hasn't accomplished anything this year? Breaking the touchdown record is pretty much it. But that's more of a longevity stat. He can get some lifetime achievement award or something. If they're going to give it to an NFL player, give it to Manning, Tomlinson, or hell look at the year Tom Brady is having.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I agree it is a total sham. I respect what Favre has accomplished and all but why is everyone of the these "OF THE YEAR" awards turned into a life time achievement award?