Sportswriters' Mock Draft...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt said:
Really? I thought this was a bit of a stretch. Probably one of the least likely mocks.

Of course you would say that with Lawson not being selected by the Cowboys... Geez.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Danny White said:
If Leinart really goes 10 to the Cardinals, does anyone else see a possibility of him being impossible to sign?

The Cards are notoriously cheap, and will resist any attempt to pay him more than a #10 pick is due.

Leinart, meanwhile, will be determined to get paid like a #1 pick no matter where he's drafted. If he takes less money than Alex Smith got last year, I'll be stunned.

This has all the makings of a long-term holdout!

I think its been reported the #1 pick wont be able to get more money than Alex Smith got, something about only being able to prorate 5-6 years instead of 6-7.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Of course you would say that with Lawson not being selected by the Cowboys... Geez.
Pot meet Kettle. The same could be said of you.:D

Reaction score
trickblue said:
18. Dallas Cowboys – Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State – Jacques Taylor, Dallas Morning News – He’s a big, physical linebacker who will create havoc for offenses while playing opposite of DeMarcus Ware.

i don't mind the carpenter pick at all. however, this mock draft has only one DB off the board at #18, and JJ has specifically expressed interest in the top 3 in this draft.

in this scenario dallas could trade down a few spots if there were takers, and still draft carpenter/lawson/cromartie.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
JJT went to Ohio St. He isn't exactly unbiased when it comes to Carpenter. He refused to listen to Rick Gosselin that the Cowboys will take Lawson if he's there.

lmao!!!

:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Ratmatt

Reaction score
trickblue said:
You would think this would be more accurate than most since many beat-writers have the inside info on their respective teams...
Jean Jacques Taylor is a graduate of Ohio St. University.So what do you expect from him.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
dmq said:
OK, so Oakland passes on Leinhart. I don't believe it.

I dont think lienart has strong enough arm to throw downfield like raiders like

silver

Reaction score
Wolf2k5 said:
I dont think lienart has strong enough arm to throw downfield like raiders like
Rich Gannon, Ken Stabler and Steve Beuerlein weren't strong armed. I know guys like Lamonica, Plunkett and Billy Joe Hobert were

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
# Oakland Raiders – Michael Huff, DB, Texas – Nancy Gay, San Francisco Chronicle – With Vince Young gone, the Raiders address pressing needs in the secondary by taking Huff. He’s got world-class speed and is a younger, more durable replacement for Charles Woodson.

A San Francisco writer named Gay? :eek:

I really don't see Leinart lasting until #10, someone will trade up for him if the Titans really do screw up and take Young. I do agree with the other posters who said that Leinart will be very difficult for the Cards to sign. He probably blew it by not coming out last year when he would have been the clear cut #1 pick but the he would have ended up in San Fran with that Gay writer.

I would be fine with Carpenter but would prefer Lawson (my homer pick).

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
It had absolutely nothing to do with Lawson actually.