Twitter: Spotrac: Goff dead cap figure will be $94M on 3/19/20

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry... what does Patrick Mahomes make again??? " Patrick Mahomes' net worth is estimated at $10 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. The Kansas City quarterback was only earning $555,000 a year as a rookie. This year his base salary rises to $645,000 and is expected to rise every year.". Yes he will make muuuuch more when his contract is up but then they won't be able to keep his pieces around him and if you think Dak is anywhere near the qb mahomes is, your on some really strong drugs. Dak needs pieces around him. He is NOT a transformational qb. His record before Amari got here is a perfect example and also when Cooper disappeared. That says right there that the team needs to keep enough money to keep pieces around him and you cant do that by paying Dak 30-35 million. Sorry... I like Dak but he is not that guy.
Gil Brandt totally disagrees with you, and he for sure knows more about NFL talent than you could ever dream. I'll take Brandt's opinion over yours 24/7, 365 days out of the year.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Goff, Wentz, and all the others should be a cautionary tale against paying market rate to average QBs, but alas, this is football, not rocket science.

Go three-deep with read-option QBs on rookie deals and run an offense like Baltimore's on the cheap while stocking up on talent around them. Rotate them in and out like RBs to create mismatches if you have to.

When the market creates a bubble, you find hidden opportunities elsewhere. I swear sports is the only place where otherwise reasonable people think "Buy High, Sell Low" is a winning strategy.

Londonboy

Reaction score
His cap hits are 36M, 32.5M and 30.5M the next 3 years, who cares about the dead cap figure, unless they actually cut Him.