Spread it Around

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Not sure if it is Dak or the play calling but Beasley and Witten need to more involved.

3 targets combined for them is not going to cut it. Especially when every replay they show Beasley is beating his man badly.

It seems like they ignore Dez on first down when 8 men are in the box, than try to force it to him on 2nd and 10 when the defense playing coverage. How do you not throw one single slant to him on first down the whole game? He torches single coverage with those 15 yard slants and dig routes, yet not one all game. I get Rhodes is a very good corner, but you can't let the defense play your $15 million WR one on one with out making them pay the whole game.

I know they want to wear teams down, but you can't just pound it into 8 men fronts over and over for 2 yards vs good defenses. It is just too predictable.

Jenky

Reaction score
Not sure if it is Dak or the play calling but Beasley and Witten need to more involved.

3 targets combined for them is not going to cut it. Especially when every replay they show Beasley is beating his man badly.

It seems like they ignore Dez on first down when 8 men are in the box, than try to force it to him on 2nd and 10 when the defense playing coverage. How do you not throw one single slant to him on first down the whole game? He torches single coverage with those 15 yard slants and dig routes, yet not one all game. I get Rhodes is a very good corner, but you can't let the defense play your $15 million WR one on one with out making them pay the whole game.

I know they want to wear teams down, but you can't just pound it into 8 men fronts over and over for 2 yards vs good defenses. It is just too predictable.

Mostly agreed. If I see one on one coverage on the outside or if the safety is giving up a ton underneath, I don't see how you can completely ignore him. He's a menace when the ball is in his hands.